Club 1872 Statement

Lidl

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

Again, like the VB statement, it smacks of sour grapes.  Fairly certain there would have been neither statement had we won the game.  Whilst I agree that a lot of the flags and banners were out of order, we were hardly squeaky clean ourselves with the Peado-reference banners and Star of David flag (what the fucks that all about btw??).  Tit-for-tat pish from both sides, but that's what it's all about.

Think as a few have suggested, we need to be questioning our board for far more important matters, like better financial backing. 

You're comparing a Star of David to a banner saying KILL ALL H***? 

Idiot. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Im not sure about bans to be honest and i think the article would have carried more weight had it been a bit more forceful in condemning the toilet incident.

Unfortunately the cellic fans are turning into a problem that society doesn't want to confront. That spells danger for us.

A young 21 year old bear is still in hospital after being attacked by a group of celtic fans on Saturday and another Rangers fan was stabbed. This is increasingly happening in the west of Scotland.

A lot of you are missing the point here, club 1872 obviously want several news sources picking it up to highlight the sectarian stuff

The fact that the SFA have said fuck all speaks volumes, had we had a "fenian" banner, we would be looking at a fine at least, this can't go on, either play by the rules or fucking scrap the rules

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Oh ok. I'll treat the statement as the irrelevance it is then.

Thanks.

The group replaced the Rangers Fans Board (without actually telling the Fans Board it was happening) and is meant to unite the fan base and replace all other fans' groups. It consists of unelected individuals from various groups who are basically acting as puppets for others' agendas. 

Just now, B1872 said:

A young 21 year old bear is still in hospital after being attacked by a group of celtic fans on Saturday and another Rangers fan was stabbed. This is increasingly happening in the west of Scotland.

Where was the stabbing?

Just now, A.T.G said:

A lot of you are missing the point here, club 1872 obviously want several news sources picking it up to highlight the sectarian stuff

The fact that the SFA have said fuck all speaks volumes, had we had a "fenian" banner, we would be looking at a fine at least, this can't go on, either play by the rules or fucking scrap the rules

Exactly there should be punishment for the Filth, by the Sfa board.

1 minute ago, SuperAli said:

The group replaced the Rangers Fans Board (without actually telling the Fans Board it was happening) and is meant to unite the fan base and replace all other fans' groups. It consists of unelected individuals from various groups who are basically acting as puppets for others' agendas. 

I'll take a stab in the dark here and guess Craig Houston is one of these unelected individuals?

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

yes its alarming as was the rhetoric used on there banners. "Know you place H** scum" and "kill all H***" have crossed the line.

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

They've achieved that then as it's the front page headline on the evening times, and includes a pic of one of the effigies also.

The statement itself is a start and nothing more though.

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

Again, like the VB statement, it smacks of sour grapes.  Fairly certain there would have been neither statement had we won the game.  Whilst I agree that a lot of the flags and banners were out of order, we were hardly squeaky clean ourselves with the Peado-reference banners and Star of David flag (what the fucks that all about btw??).  Tit-for-tat pish from both sides, but that's what it's all about.

Think as a few have suggested, we need to be questioning our board for far more important matters, like better financial backing. 

You're never a bear ya fucking we smelly rat!

Just now, AljayBoy said:

They've achieved that then as it's the front page headline on the evening times, and includes a pic of one of the effigies also.

The statement itself is a start and nothing more though.

Agreed, ultimately though the SFA needs to be involved

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Pretty disgusted by the view of certain bears in here. The just forget about it and will go away is what gets us in to this position. 

Correct, whatever people think of the fan group they deserve no criticism for highlighting this situation, none whatsoever.  

Society claims that hatred cannot any longer be tolerated.  Honestly what level of hatred will the younger element of their support be growing up with at a time when its acceptable to create mock hangings and blatantly say 'Kill them'.  Don't get me wrong its a fair old % of them that will be raised to utterly despise anyway, we know that but I do think they are taking it to new levels.

Although the result and performance is a much more pressing matter, I'm glad that this is being highlighted.

Those banners (including the one at the cup final too) are absolutely as sectarian and bigoted as any, but they're never ever picked up and made an example of.

The blow up dolls were vile and disgusting.

Fuck them. I'd be happy to never see them darken our stadium again. Vile cunts.

Instead of asking for a ban which I think is nonsense, they should've made more of the onesided reporting we get in this country. 

Nothing wrong either dropping a small foot note to that statement that a further statement will be on the way asking the board of RIFC what the fuck is going on. 

1 hour ago, Lidl said:

Credit where credit is due 

Very good statement (tu)

I would ban them and after the weekend wouldn't take any more tickets for their ground 

There is a long list of reasons 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why did they not say anything about a formal police complaint?

surely the matter could be reported to the cops and SFA and then a wee statement about the outcome would be preferable, rather than calling for a ban. 

That would have more of a story to tell  

To be fair Soze  .I'm just happy something is out there .I wasn't even expecting this .

More to follow hopefully