Warburton deluded

Smile

5 hours ago, Smile said:

What was the final score? and could it have been more if not for Fod. ?

Goals came from us that were sloppy that's what happens in Football, doesn't mean they are not goals.

In the end yes if it wasn't for big wes I think it could've been more but up until the sending off and at 3-1 they had possession without ripping us apart.  He probably meant we contributed to that score line as much as the tims did. If he starts saying we're playing good stuff when it's terrible then I'll call him deluded

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesnt think that was a 5-1 game on sat was at a different game from me. I thought we were piss poor all over the park and thought everything the gaffer could have gotten wrong, he did. The only positive to take from is it is what we learn from it. We see where we are still most weak and vulnerable. But if the gaffer is looking at that game and thinking there wasnt much in it, thats worrying   

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

How about "we didn't deserve to lose 5-1" 

As brutal as we were, did they miss any good chances? Maybe they did but my memory of the game is lacking. Seems they took all their chances pretty much.

Usually when a team scores 5 they will have created way more clear cut chances than they had at the weekend.

I think that's what he was alluding to. 

Just now, TheKingObv said:

As brutal as we were, did they miss any good chances? Maybe they did but my memory of the game is lacking. Seems they took all their chances pretty much.

Usually when a team scores 5 they will have created way more clear cut chances than they had at the weekend.

I think that's what he was alluding to. 

We created about 3 chances, they should have scored at least 8 IMO 

as I said in the other thread they weren't even good but still destroyed us 

i just can't take anything he says seriously any more as we've heard the same crap since April and he never acts on it 

I've seen people claiming it was never a defeat as heavy as the score line suggests and I'm honestly baffled at that or maybe they've just sub consciously put the game that far to the back of their minds they've just erased what they've seen or something 

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How about "we didn't deserve to lose 5-1" 

I don't think we did deserve to lose 5-1.  The game was 3-1 with 15mins to go.  Senderos decides to get himself sent off, which means Barton comes out of CDM, we lose our shape and concede two late goals.  We deserved to get beat 3-1, but 5-1 flattered them a bit.  Dembele took his goals well but we've made it far to easy for them.

Comments in an interview are just that. In the short term it all boils down to the performance and result on Saturday. If we win and win comfortably he will start to get some of his good grace back. Anything less and let's say we lose 2 goals to silly defending then nothing has been learned.

I think the true test of whether Warburton is "deluded" or not will be over the coming months. For me and many others this result and performance last Saturday will take a while to get over.