Warburton is a fraud and the signs have been there since the first Hibs game

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

They at least understand what is needed against Celtic and the diddy teams. We need to defend well and at least create some chances, things that Warburton hasn't grasped. We played worse and created less chances than the likes of St Mirren and Partick. That's the fucking level Warburton has taken us to. 

We should offer Smith the world to come back. Say what you want about his dour style and shite in Europe, but he'd make us competitive again. 

The results would be as up and down under both of them as they are now. They aren't better managers than Warburton and both come with their own shortcomings that people would quickly latch on to and start complaining about.

The real issue is the quality of the players we have. Until we spend money to bring the squad to the level the supporters are used to and expect it to be at we are going to have inconsistent results regardless of who is sitting in the dugout.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The results would be as up and down under both of them as they are now. They aren't better managers than Warburton and both come with their own shortcomings that people would quickly latch on to and start complaining about.

The real issue is the quality of the players we have. Until we spend money to bring the squad to the level the supporters are used to and expect it to be at we are going to have inconsistent results regardless of who is sitting in the dugout.

You don't agree that with the level of spending we've had we should be comfortably second in the league? You don't think Warburton has absolutely pissed away the majority of his transfer budget (£2.5 million) on Garner and MOH? I was willing to give the former the benefit of the doubt, but he's been a car crash of a signing. Fact is we should be better than fourth in the league and should at least create some chances against Celtic today. We've managed neither. 

10 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

You don't agree that with the level of spending we've had we should be comfortably second in the league? You don't think Warburton has absolutely pissed away the majority of his transfer budget (£2.5 million) on Garner and MOH? I was willing to give the former the benefit of the doubt, but he's been a car crash of a signing. Fact is we should be better than fourth in the league and should at least create some chances against Celtic today. We've managed neither. 

I think we should finish second but I don't think you can turn around a quarter of the way through the season when we are only a couple of points off of it and say that's grounds for removing the manager.

I think we will finish there but it's not going to be as comfortable as people think because the gap between us, Hearts and Aberdeen isn't as big as some people think. They are settled sides, used to playing at this level, with comparable quality to us so they are going to make a race out of it.

Warburton has made bad signings, awful signings actually, and I'm not sure if he's the manager for us long term but I don't think we should change managers now.

I've always maintained that unless we fall a number of points behind and it becomes obvious that we aren't going to finish second then I don't think we should change managers because I don't think we could attract anybody who's actually going to be much of an improvement.

Names like Davies, Neilson, McInnes, Wright are Delia-esque managers (and Warburton might very well be too). What we need is a Rodgers-esque manager and we need to back him with proper money and that isn't going to happen in the middle of the season.

On 9/26/2016 at 1:43 AM, gogzy said:

while my love for Warburton has shaded a little, I still think he could be the man to take us forward,  I think we need to do something in the management team, maybe bring in a director of footbal, or anther coach.

We should at least give him till January before calling for his head I think.   If we are still in trouble in January, bring in someone new on the first, give him some money to spend, see if he can salvage the season, then give him a decent budget for next year.

the league wont be won on a shoesting, my major issue with getting rid of warburton, is he will take mcparland with him, and I think he is one of the key men at the club right now.

I don't see Warburton as the manager to lead us to 55.   I don't see enough leadership quality in him.  He seems to me to be most comfortable talking about analysis and organising training sessions and organising the logistics of preparing for a game and talking about things like intensity, and levels of performance, and pressing the game and pitch geography.   All good stuff of course.  But with this squad and in this season (and for the squad in the latter part of last season)  I don't see enough evidence that he can galvanise and lead a team to consistently deliver the sort of performances and results demanded at Rangers.     Fine for a middle of the road team whose expectations and ambitions are understandably narrower.  But not fine for Rangers. 

The rallying call from him at the start of the season was that he believed the squad would be 'more than competitive'.  It was a phrase he used often.  Watered down more recently in interviews to a 'highly competitive'.   Well so far, imo, whether measured by results or performances we currently are neither 'more than competitive' or even 'highly competitive'.  More to the point since we are nearly in November we are not (imo) showing anywhere near enough signs of finishing a season having achieved the goal of being more than / highly competitive ie winning a Euorpean place for next season.  So far this season I think Warburton is a good way off from delivering on his ambition.  

Clearly the picture on prospects for the remainder of the season will be much clearer at the start of Jan, and after the next OF league game.    He said earlier this week in a press interview about the last OF 5-1 game that 'I never want that awful feeling again'.    Well he got it again today.   1-0 is not 5-1 but it if were not for Gilks and Hill it could well have been.  His team did not turn up.  He did not inspire them to turn up.    

At this disappointing rate of progress his own performance as manager is bound to come under increasing (and ciritical) scrutiny.   As for McParland, are the signings he orchestrated really delivering as expected?   On the whole I don't think so. 

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I don't see Warburton as the manager to lead us to 55.   I don't see enough leadership quality in him.  He seems to me to be most comfortable talking about analysis and organising training sessions and organising the logistics of preparing for a game and talking about things like intensity, and levels of performance, and pressing the game and pitch geography.   All good stuff of course.  But with this squad and in this season (and for the squad in the latter part of last season)  I don't see enough evidence that he can galvanise and lead a team to consistently deliver the sort of performances and results demanded at Rangers.     Fine for a middle of the road team whose expectations and ambitions are understandably narrower.  But not fine for Rangers. 

The rallying call from him at the start of the season was that he believed the squad would be 'more than competitive'.  It was a phrase he used often.  Watered down more recently in interviews to a 'highly competitive'.   Well so far, imo, whether measured by results or performances we currently are neither 'more than competitive' or even 'highly competitive'.  More to the point since we are nearly in November we are not (imo) showing anywhere near enough signs of finishing a season having achieved the goal of being more than / highly competitive ie winning a Euorpean place for next season.  So far this season I think Warburton is a good way off from delivering on his ambition.  

Clearly the picture on prospects for the remainder of the season will be much clearer at the start of Jan, and after the next OF league game.    He said earlier this week in a press interview about the last OF 5-1 game that 'I never want that awful feeling again'.    Well he got it again today.   1-0 is not 5-1 but it if were not for Gilks and Hill it could well have been.  His team did not turn up.  He did not inspire them to turn up.    

At this disappointing rate of progress his own performance as manager is bound to come under increasing (and ciritical) scrutiny.   As for McParland, are the signings he orchestrated really delivering as expected?   On the whole I don't think so. 

Sums up much of my feelings today.

Warburton talks meaningless shit. He seems to think being brave with the ball but not winning matches against diddy teams in the league is acceptable. He's not got a clue, he doesn't seem to understand that we should win EVERY game, no excuses, no complaints, no bleating about winning possession or bravery. 

12 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

He needs to go now, his squad and system are inept, the team is setup not to score and he brings in a striker that only scored 6 goals last season, bloody laughable that fans still want an inept manager, the Barton affair, now Kranjcar, spunked about 4 million in wages for these two over the hill duds. Him and the board have put the boot into any chance of any hope of advancement for the considerable future. Basically the board are between the rock and a hard place, they need to act.

• 2 weeks later...

That was absolutely shocking today, and showed everything that is wrong with Warburton. Disastrous defending, taking risks, no Plan B, predictable, and unable to make meaningful changes. He just can't get a side defending at all, we were appalling. The sooner Warburton is gone the better.

It's such a shame, I really like him and it breaks my heart to see it not working, but he's just not good enough to be our manager. He talks a good game but just doesn't know how to manage. Five wins out of 12 is appalling. 

22 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Does this thread really need to be bumped everytime we drop points?

Unfortunately yes because the op has to be proved right so it waits till we drop points before bumping , probably the only thread it posts on  before crawling out on a field to dig up some potatoes for  lunch , then crawls away back on his own forums for some child abuse 

So because I'm right that Warburton is an idiot I'm a Celtic fan? I want to see Warburton gone because I actually care about seeing us win another title and want that to happen as soon as possible. It's not going to happen with Warburton in charge, absolutely no way, thus I want to see him gone now. If I can nudge anyone into agreeing that he's wrong for us by presenting evidence in this thread, then I'll have succeeded. The sooner the fans turn fully against Warburton the better, as it'll mean he'll either try something different, quit or be sacked, and any of those three results would be better than what we're currently having to endure. 

24 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Said in the first post I'd have McInnes. Would also move heaven and earth to get Smith back, as he actually understands what is required of a Rangers side. 

Get to fuck with the 'I told you so' pish, are you four? 

As for Smith, the man is a legend and let him enjoy his legendary status. Why the fuck must we always look back? WS has been out the game for years. 

I don't know if I've posted this before in this thread. I see the wee star next to the title saying I've posted in this thread before but can't remember what I said and maybe my opinion has changed since last time I posted before.

I think fraud is harsh. 

I think him and Weir are not the great management team people think they are.

They are ambitious and guilty of trying to adopt a revolutionary style of play that we can't possibly perfect with these average players we've got.

You need 5-10 million pound players, even in Scotland, to play our style and execute it to perfection.

We don't have them, or the funds to get them (it appears). We are trying to do it with cheap crap we've picked up in the English lower leagues and Scottish low level talent like O'Halloran, McKay, Holt and Halliday.

It cannot be done.

Warburton's problem is not the fact he's a fraud but he's too stubborn. He never learns from his mistakes or adapts the team/formation to make it work when that needs done.

Warburton could do something that would hold him in good stead while he still has a little bit of stock left with some of the support - that's being brave, coming out and saying he's not been backed the way the team and the fans deserve. He needs better players to pull off his ethos of play and put the ball right into King's court. Call him out on it.

But to be fair and flip it, some of the purchases he's made any fan saying in reply that can he be trusted with 20 million to do it given the shite he's bought so far? .. I couldn't argue against that. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't know if I've posted this before in this thread. I see the wee star next to the title saying I've posted in this thread before but can't remember what I said and maybe my opinion has changed since last time I posted before.

I think fraud is harsh. 

I think him and Weir are not the great management team people think they are.

They are ambitious and guilty of trying to adopt a revolutionary style of play that we can't possibly perfect with these average players we've got.

You need 5-10 million pound players, even in Scotland, to play our style and execute it to perfection.

We don't have them, or the funds to get them (it appears). We are trying to do it with cheap crap we've picked up in the English lower leagues and Scottish low level talent like Holt and Halliday.

It cannot be done.

Warburton's problem is not the fact he's a fraud but he's too stubborn. He never learns from his mistakes or adapts the team/formation to make it work when that needs done.

Warburton could do something that would hold him in good stead while he still has a little bit of stock left with some of the support - that's being brave, coming out and saying he's not been backed the way the team and the fans deserve. He needs better players to pull off his ethos of play and put the ball right into King's court. Call him out on it.

But to be fair and flip it, some of the purchases he's made any fan saying in reply that can he be trusted with 20 million to do it given the shite he's bought so far? .. I couldn't argue against that. 

Couldn't agree more, he's trying to polish a turd. I thought at half time today, I still think he'll go on to have a very good career if he learns from his mistakes with us but he just won't be successful with us for the very reasons you mention - fundamentally, he hasn't got the players. I still think he'll manage England one day. I just don't think he'll be with us much longer. 

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 1:21 AM, bluenose48 said:

A blank cheque for McInnes, really. Dave King won't put his hand in his pocket to buy decent players, after telling us three years ago that the money was there for a real assault on the SPFL. So who is going to back this blank cheque.

Warburton would have been given a remit at the beginning of the season, as to how much was in his war chest to spend over the summer, which going by the players brought in, was not much.

Second you have got to get players of the quality needed who want to come to Scotland. If the amount spent on transfers reflects the wages they would have been offered, you can see why we can't even compete with the English championship.

Warburton has a good management team with him. We just need Dave King to get his fifty million out.

We should still be steam rolling teams like this. Our players are not the best but should be able to compete with most bar the scum. Warburton is done. He is a one trick pony that will get us into all sorts of trouble. His team selections are frightening. We don't have the players for his system and I doubt the players even like playing it. He needs to go and I now dread playing Hertz.