Today's Crash. To the paramedics, firemen, hospital personnel and passers by who helped.

tannerall

The real day to day heroes. 

Had to be cut out of a car once, with my wife who suffered serious life threatening injuries. I got away with minor ones. Paramedics, firemen and subsequent hospital A&E, surgeons and nurses, all of them were focused, professional and dedicated to the main task. And a few ordinary passers by stopped and helped enormously.

I have so much respect for those guys, and today's sad events on the supporter's bus brought back to me the memories of the great and often dangerous work they do.

A big thank you to all those who helped out today, and those who will continue to help, from this very humble Gers fan on behalf of us all. 

Our armed forces continually get regular plaudits from us, and rightly so. 

However, never take for granted the job our doctors, nurses, surgeons and scientists do as well to look after ourselves and our families  

They are real life heroes too. 

12 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Had to be cut out of a car once, with my wife who suffered serious life threatening injuries. I got away with minor ones. Paramedics, firemen and subsequent hospital A&E, surgeons and nurses, all of them were focused, professional and dedicated to the main task. And a few ordinary passers by stopped and helped enormously.

I have so much respect for those guys, and today's sad events on the supporter's bus brought back to me the memories of the great and often dangerous work they do.

A big thank you to all those who helped out today, and those who will continue to help, from this very humble Gers fan on behalf of us all. 

My father was in the Ambulance service, my sister was a midwife, and several nieces are nurses so I have every respect for all mentioned above. From personal experience I know how hard it is from those people to finish their day and leave it all behind, they will all be suffering in sorrow along with us at today's events.  

My partner works in the intensive care unit as a Physiotherapist at St John's hospital and she tells me some of the stuff they deal with on a daily basis non stop, you have no idea how much hard work and effort goes into saving one person's life. They don't do half measures. They fight with them until the end. From the doctors to the nurses to the physios right down to the person that takes the 999 call.

We should always remember how lucky we are to have such a service available to us. And you can bet that they all gave everything to save the guy's life today but it just wasn't to be, heartbreakingly :( 

23 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Our armed forces continually get regular plaudits from us, and rightly so. 

However, never take for granted the job our doctors, nurses, surgeons and scientists do as well to look after ourselves and our families  

They are real life heroes too. 

(tu)

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Agreed - and while unpopular in here I would add the police in who helped me greatly when I had a bad accident 

My sister worked as an a&e nurse,I have witnessed first hand the distress and heartache she's felt coming home after shift,seen her literally inconsolable at times,still,next day and a new shift,back into the fray not knowing what can happen,people like her are the unsung heroes we never speak of,so tonight as I raise my glass to a fallen Bear I also raise it to our emergency services that we are all guilty of taking for granted,respect to them all 

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Yes, we should be thankful that we live in a country and have people that provide all these services, regardless of politics, race or religion, many places in our world dont.

And we must fight tooth & Nail to keep it that way!.........We Must stay a United Kingdom!