Things need to change...

SuperAli

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get one either. Although I wasn't on CCCS until last game of group stage. 

That aisde, the ticket office is an absolute shambles, as is their policy for selection. The amount of people who's kids have tickets, but the don't is just crazy. 

None of us got one either. TBH I'm disappointed but I'll just go to the pub. I'll be more annoyed if we get to the final and I don't get a ticket then either. 

I think they should have cut the staffs allocation, I'm sure Andy Halliday said last year that for usual games team mates give him their allocation because no one is interested but for OF there were no spares. Well to me if staffs family/friends aren't interested in going to "ordinary" games then they shouldn't get tickets for "special" games. 

Tickets should be allocated to the paying punter who are the ones who actually keeps the club afloat and not those who are only interested in getting freebies for the big games.

It makes my blood boil when I hear if someone who hasn't stepped foot inside Ibrox all season getting handed a ticket to go to one of our biggest games of the year.

My gripe is the thousands of tickets diverted from the fans to line the pockets of the company's that can supply tickets for matches for persons that have never supported a team in their life.As I failed to get a ticket for the final I was around Hampden from before 11am. I must have seen over 5,000 coming off there bus's with hospitality badges on depriving true supporters of access to the game. 

Tbh I find it hard to believe in this. 

If it was based on loyalty our whole away support would be full of people 50+ years of age. 

I'm 22 and had my own ST for 5 years and missed 4 games over that time home or away. 5 years ago I was able to afford my own ticket, and have done ever since. Before that my dad took me.  

Should someone whose went for 15 odd years be priority over me even although it's physically impossible for me to attend a match before I was born? 

There has to be a middle ground I agree. 

Allowing ST holders to sign up in their first season or even half season ticket to semi final and final priority should be scrapped

1 hour ago, SuperAli said:

KPL... not missed one payment ever. Been to all the home games for all competitions (despite my dad being very seriously ill).  Well on this forum it has been highlighted that two very high profile boycotters have been allocated tickets...

In a crazy way don't the boycotters have the admiration of the present board? 

54 minutes ago, govanblue said:

So just to be clear - things need to change because you didn't get what you wanted?

Any other things that need to change, or only the things that affect you? :P

I'm not the only one govanblue and well you know that. 

Probably get told to bugger off here lol but here goes for rangers/celtic games why does it not get played at murryafield think that holds about 67/68k then we have hampden at 50/51k.i have never been a fan of hampden myself but am only 35 am sure most of you will disagree but hey ho 

1 minute ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Probably get told to bugger off here lol but here goes for rangers/celtic games why does it not get played at murryafield think that holds about 67/68k then we have hampden at 50/51k.i have never been a fan of hampden myself but am only 35 am sure most of you will disagree but hey ho 

The train ride though from Glasgow would be interesting :2gunsfiring_v1::box:

2 hours ago, SuperAli said:

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Rangers for rewarding my loyalty over the years. My parents have had their season tickets 30+years and been on CCCS since the beginning of the scheme. I'm 22 years old and have had a season ticket for 15+ years and for that time have been on the CCCS. Today we found out that we have not been allocated tickets for the semi-final. Loyalty obviously means absolutely nothing to our Club.

I'm really glad the boycotters and so-called 'fans' who didn't renew their season tickets for the last 4 years have been allocated tickets. Really well-deserved.

Sarcasm aside, I can't see things being changed, because the status quo obviously suits those who shan't be named but are the usual suspects. I shall be complaining to Club 1872 (not that I expect anything to be done about it) and I urge people in a similar position to myself to do the same. 

There is something wrong going on at that ticket office . That is for certain . I never got one also in same circumstances but I'm willing to bet every one of the paid up members of Craig's bandwagon did

11 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

I'm not the only one govanblue and well you know that. 

I know that, and I probably agree with you. (tu)

But if you had been lucky enough to get a ticket, and then still start this thread, then I would've been more supportive. :P

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Tbh I find it hard to believe in this. 

If it was based on loyalty our whole away support would be full of people 50+ years of age. 

I'm 22 and had my own ST for 5 years and missed 4 games over that time home or away. 5 years ago I was able to afford my own ticket, and have done ever since. Before that my dad took me.  

Should someone whose went for 15 odd years be priority over me even although it's physically impossible for me to attend a match before I was born? 

There has to be a middle ground I agree. 

Allowing ST holders to sign up in their first season or even half season ticket to semi final and final priority should be scrapped

My point was more specifically aimed at those who buggered off when we got relegated to the 3rd division, not seen at Ibrox for 4 years, and now suddenly have tickets for semi-finals because they renewed this year. Hardly seems fair for those of us who renewed through the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions. 

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

There is something wrong going on at that ticket office . That is for certain . I never got one also in same circumstances but I'm willing to bet every one of the paid up members of Craig's bandwagon did

2 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I know that, and I probably agree with you.

But if you had been lucky enough to get a ticket, and then still start this thread, then I would've been more supportive. :P

FYI I did raise this issue when I was on the Fans Board...

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Well said young LADY despite what anybody says its disgusting, there's no defending it, somebody is now manipulating the tickets to go wherever they want them too, mind you there's always been that happening but this is blatant. The ticket office have a lot to answer for, every tom, Dick, harry and johnny come lately are going to get tickets before fans who are Loyal to the Club, well said Young yin !??:sherlock:

Seen Craig Houston with big smile on his face  around this place now every time I have been up to check what my Big game chances are  . That is not often for me but what are the chances

I was joking I my last post about this. I actually think the TO is rigged tbh the final last year my wee boy 10 was succesful but me and my other boy 6 weren't so I went into the office and asked how this could be possible as they have allocated a kid a ticket with no adult to go and her reply (which I knew was coming) was I could upgrade to an adult ticket. Surely if they allocate a kid a ticket then they should check the adult has a ticket. The place is a joke from top to bottom imo 

13 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

My point was more specifically aimed at those who buggered off when we got relegated to the 3rd division, not seen at Ibrox for 4 years, and now suddenly have tickets for semi-finals because they renewed this year. Hardly seems fair for those of us who renewed through the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions. 

Yup I agree. That's what I mean with the semi final and final priority. 

I know 2 people who bought half ST the year we first played them in the league cup semi (2-0defeat) and they both got tickets for that game having bought a half ST a week before. 

That is the one problem that needs seriously addressed. We have about 10k more ST this year than last and all those can sign up to that scheme. Bit mental IMO