Things need to change...

SuperAli

Like the OP I did not get a ticket despite meeting the criteria. If we are all on the CCCS and we all have smart cards that we swipe when entering then the club must have attendance information. How about giving priority to the supporters on the CCCS who actually turn up at games?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TomScott said:

Like the OP I did not get a ticket despite meeting the criteria. If we are all on the CCCS and we all have smart cards that we swipe when entering then the club must have attendance information. How about giving priority to the supporters on the CCCS who actually turn up at games?

There are posters on here including myself who paid for all 4 games but didn't attend all 4 of them for various reasons. My smart card was still used as my brother used it while I was away on holiday but only one of my sons cards were used and only for 1 of the 2 group stage games. My family holiday was booked in August 2015, long before the format of the cup was changed for this season so I had no way of knowing I would be missing these games. I think there are a couple of posters who said they were ill and missed 1 or 2 of the games. Do you think they or my kids should be penalised for missing these games even though they still paid for a ticket for all 4 games? I'm not being argumentative but I would like to know if you what you think. 

13 hours ago, j1mgg said:

We only got 16451 after RSCs and staff had been taken off, that is pretty shit.

Is that about 8k gone before is gets to cccs?

I think releasing that figure would have cleared up a lot of confusion - it seems people have been under the impression that over 20k would be available for divvying out among those signed up to the CCCS.

Be interesting to see where the rest go, though.

I was under the impression that the clubs get nearer half of the total available in the LC, with fewer going to hangers-on, etc.

4 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Having read this @SuperAli , how else would you have done the draw. 

Looking at it I think this is the fairest way.

as others have alluded to if you used years of history then how do our young fans ever get to a semi or a final. 

Have to agree with this.  For me personally, this is the first season I've been in a financial position to own a season ticket.  I've signed up to all the CCCS schemes, so why should I miss out because other people have been going for years?  It was clear at the start of the season what everyone had to subscribe to to be considered for games like these.  If you've missed out by luck of the ballot then fair enough, that's just bad luck but people moaning who weren't on the CCCS scheme need to wind their necks in IMO.

10 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Have to agree with this.  For me personally, this is the first season I've been in a financial position to own a season ticket.  I've signed up to all the CCCS schemes, so why should I miss out because other people have been going for years?  It was clear at the start of the season what everyone had to subscribe to to be considered for games like these.  If you've missed out by luck of the ballot then fair enough, that's just bad luck but people moaning who weren't on the CCCS scheme need to wind their necks in IMO.

If this is your first season as a ST holder, then you shouldn't of been allowed to join CCCS.

Not me saying this, but this was how I thought the club done it.

10 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

If this is your first season as a ST holder, then you shouldn't of been allowed to join CCCS.

Not me saying this, but this was how I thought the club done it.

Why not?  I'm a season ticket holder the same as everyone else, why do I deserve to go less?

5 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Why not?  I'm a season ticket holder the same as everyone else, why do I deserve to go less?

This is not my stance, but I believed it was the stance of the club. First year owning a ST you weren't allowed to sign upto the CCCS

13 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

This is not my stance, but I believed it was the stance of the club. First year owning a ST you weren't allowed to sign upto the CCCS

Yes only for away games.

I can understand where people are coming from when they say there should be some loyalty points system.  I agree to an extent, however whether I've had my season ticket for 1 year or 10, it doesn't make me any less of a fan or any less entitled to be considered for semi-final and final tickets.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:25 PM, jintybear said:

None of us got one either. TBH I'm disappointed but I'll just go to the pub. I'll be more annoyed if we get to the final and I don't get a ticket then either. 

I think they should have cut the staffs allocation, I'm sure Andy Halliday said last year that for usual games team mates give him their allocation because no one is interested but for OF there were no spares. Well to me if staffs family/friends aren't interested in going to "ordinary" games then they shouldn't get tickets for "special" games. 

Tickets should be allocated to the paying punter who are the ones who actually keeps the club afloat and not those who are only interested in getting freebies for the big games.

It makes my blood boil when I hear if someone who hasn't stepped foot inside Ibrox all season getting handed a ticket to go to one of our biggest games of the year.

Happens for all big games,was at least 10 on our bus for cup final who hadn't been to a game all season,yet all had tickets.

8 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Im guessing you weren't on cccs last season then? As every person on cccs last season for cup games and semi finals and finals was allocated a ticket for last years semi final and final 

Youre right. Forgot about that. Thought I'd ticked the right boxes but was informed I didn't.  Then this season made sure the boxes were ticked only to be told I'm not being allocated away tickets cause I didn't select them. I did. This online form filling just isnt a good as the old paper method.

On 04/10/2016 at 8:39 PM, SuperAli said:

Loyalty should be rewarded not discouraged and they're doing the latter.

if the tickets are going to boycotters ( which i have no idea of the validity of that claim) then loyalty IS being rewarded, just not the right kind of loyalty.

Essentially ... no matter what way the club had carried out the SF ticket allocation, it wouldn't have suited everyone & there would still be a furore over it with people claiming bias, or loyalty not rewarded or a thousand other things that folk would come up with.

At the end of the day, the SF will be attended by approx. 20k RFC supporters & that's what counts !

This "I'm a bigger fan than you because ...." is absolute pish & wind.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

if the tickets are going to boycotters ( which i have no idea of the validity of that claim) then loyalty IS being rewarded, just not the right kind of loyalty.

Big claims tbh. 

Are people genuinely suggesting the ticket office is corrupt?

Seriously?

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Big claims tbh. 

Are people genuinely suggesting the ticket office is corrupt?

Seriously?

I am not caliming anything mate.  I'd take that rumour with a huge pinch of salt.

It wound't be unusual for this board to rweard the people who helped them get in the door though would it, ala chris graham and his 2 days on the actual board of the club.