Over to you Sir Walter

Just now, Smile said:

I don't see it but credit to you if you do, we are two far apart to agree so it's kinda pointless going back and forward.

How do you see us being able to pay off an entire management staff, employ a new management team and fund a new squad?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Signed by the guy that's in charge of modernising the club.

Doesn't suggest modernising is the wrong track though, as modernising and his choosing of players are different issues. 

Point is, if anyone wants a new manager, Walter Smith would be a retrograde step. Modernising was, and is, necessary. Whether MW is the man to continue it remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Is he the man to steady the ship once more? I hate to say it but we could so do with his influence right now.  Would you like to see Walter back? would he come back for round 3?!

Walters a cheque book manager and well one thing we don't have is a cheque book. PLG was given £5 million to start a revolution, Smith needed £30 million to steady the ship

Just now, AlCapone said:

Walters a cheque book manager and well one thing we don't have is a cheque book. PLG was given £5 million to start a revolution, Smith needed £30 million to steady the ship

Steady the ship and make the UEFA cup final as well as winning a couple of titles on the way.

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

How do you see us being able to pay off an entire management staff, employ a new management team and fund a new squad?

I said at the time why did we reward Warburton with a new contract and guys like Kiernan, It's up to the board to find the money, after all, they did promise the earth coming in, How do you think King and Co are going to pay them off if we don't manage second like he wants, he must surely have a plan.

How much more will Warburton cost us signing duds with no resale value?

I was against this board coming in as i said they were potless so your question really should be directed at posters who were all for them.

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Wouldn't give it to him in February either or March . . . ! :sherlock:

I would not be surprised if our next managerial target will be John Brown given this boards train of thought..

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I said at the time why did we reward Warburton with a new contract and guys like Kiernan, It's up to the board to find the money, after all, they did promise the earth coming in, How do you think King and Co are going to pay them off if we don't manage second like he wants, he must surely have a plan.

How much more will Warburton cost us signing duds with no resale value?

I was against this board coming in as i said they were potless so your question really should be directed at posters who were all for them.

All fair points, but unfortunately you then become the person with nothing positive to say and nothing to offer in terms of a solution or alternative. its very easy to critcise constantly then shrug your shoulder and say its not my problem when asked what we should do.

Who would have come in if not for this board?

Foderingham, Rossitter, Dodoo, Windass, Tav and Crooks will all have at least some sell on value IMO so dont particularly agree with that statement.

Just now, Smile said:

If you were the board and you had money would you give it to Warburton in January. ?

That's a good question. I don't believe Warburton made the best use of his budget to fix our problem area, the defence. However, I also believe Rossiter and Windass could end up being great players so his signings have been rather mixed even if he made the wrong positions a priority. If we had a proper war chest to spend we wouldn't have had to take as many risks in the transfer market (Barton, Sendeross, Hill, Niko). Instead opting for players that are still young and of a proven quality.

I also agree in principal with his modern approach to football. I don't agree with his team choices (what will it take for MoH to get a game and for McKay to get dropped?) and the stubbornness of sticking to the 4-3-3 in games where it clearly isn't working and we need to have a plan B.

So in short I don't have a clue. I don't honestly have confidence in Warburton and I'm still fucking pissed off about last Sunday. On the other hand I don't think getting rid of him midway through the season is the correct move, at least at this point of time. Although I would quickly change my mind on that if we don't have an excellent run of form up to Christmas. Regardless, it wouldn't be fair to ask Smith to become the next manager if Warburton can't quickly steer this sinking ship around.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I would not be surprised if our next managerial target will be John Brown given this boards train of thought..

If this boards still there and haven't invested in the meantime to pick the next manager we are so in the shit !:sherlock:

8 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

All fair points, but unfortunately you then become the person with nothing positive to say and nothing to offer in terms of a solution or alternative. its very easy to critcise constantly then shrug your shoulder and say its not my problem when asked what we should do.

Who would have come in if not for this board?

Foderingham, Rossitter, Dodoo, Windass, Tav and Crooks will all have at least some sell on value IMO so dont particularly agree with that statement.

Attack the points then I'm positive when i see positivity on the park. You seem positive when you see us regressing. You seem to think we should just accept this mediocre board and mediocre management team as that's the best we can get, or we can't afford to pay them off.

The players you have mentioned have achieved nothing at this level at Rangers so i cant see why anyone would give big bucks for them that's even without the injury concerns they have brought with them.

Just now, plumbGER said:

What we need is someone to put balls into the box for Garner, i wonder what Mark Walters is up to these days?

Garner will still be outside the box on his arse or holding the back of his head.

I'm not too critical of the board , by god they inherited a mess . Winning on the park is essential , but as a team we have not improved one bit . our two blue chip signing , well enough said , manager carries the can and to an extent the board for allowing such players to be bought.

Just now, Smile said:

Attack the points then I'm positive when i see positivity on the park. You seem positive when you see us regressing. You seem to think we should just accept this mediocre board and mediocre management team as that's the best we can get.

The players you have mentioned have achieved nothing at this level at Rangers so i cant see why anyone would give big bucks for them that's even without the injury concerns they have brought with them.

Thats nonsense, im just realistic about where we are.

That is the board we have...i asked you who youd rather have...no answer...no alternative...no realism about our situation

The management team...I asked you how we could afford to change them and provide money for a new management team and squad...no answer...no alternative...no realism.

I never at any point said I was happy, quite the contrary in fact.

I gave you what i'm trying to take as positives, doesn't mean im pleased with the start to the season, that's quite ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

I'm not too critical of the board , by god they inherited a mess . Winning on the park is essential , but as a team we have not improved one bit . our two blue chip signing , well enough said , manager carries the can and to an extent the board for allowing such players to be bought.

I am totally against this board but any money they have given Warburton he's wasted.

28 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

To be fair, though, Le Guen and Murray both said there was more money there for Le Guen but he decided not to use it. Hence the way he under-estimated Scottish football and what was needed.

Smith didn't need 30 million to steady the ship. He stedied it the half season when he came back using what Le Guen left him.

First full season after that with a couple of additions like Kevin Thomson and Lee McCulloch we made the European final.

The bulk/majority of the 30 million came season after and we won 3 titles on the trot with it.

Smith was a chequebook manager IMO but he also proved he could get his hands dirty with whatever shite he was left with and get something from them too.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Garner will still be outside the box on his arse or holding the back of his head.

(tu) now that we agree on at the moment i dont recall seeing any other player offer so little. Cant hold the ball up, cant beat a man, doesnt stand up long enough to pass it to anyone.