THE EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I'd say the first & last are of the sort he'll never score again - the first was to all intents & purposes in already, without his intervention.

Last week's was a complete fluke of an assist & Joe even appeared to mishit his resulting tap-in.

Header v Saints was good though.

First one I agree with but not too sure about the goal against Killie. The ball fell in the box and he was in the right place at the right time. Bit like Miller v the tarriers at Hampden last season, although it was a deflection that put the ball into his path.

Wouldn't be the first player to score with a mishit either. They all count :) 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

3 sub appearances.

Not painting him as any sort of Van Basten type player at all, simply highlighting that we don't play to his strengths and as a result he will score less goals. Seems to be something you're having difficulty understanding. He currently has 3 goals in 6 starts (not 5 as previously stated) which isn't exactly a bad record.

Let's see how many he has at the end of the season and how he stacks up next to your Kilmarnock and Ross County strikers (tu) 

How silly of me he is definitely worth 3 times more money than celtic paid for Dembele no question about it.

Just can't wait till the £30m bids come in from Madrid cause let's face it the guy scored goals in the 3rd level of English football.

Just now, Albertz 78 said:

How silly of me he is definitely worth 3 times more money than celtic paid for Dumbele no question about it.

Just can't wait till the £30m bids come in from Madrid cause let's face it the guy scored goals in the 3rd level of English football.

Comparing him to Dembele just makes you look like a retard tbh.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

First one I agree with but not too sure about the goal against Killie. The ball fell in the box and he was in the right place at the right time. Bit like Miller v the tarriers at Hampden last season, although it was a deflection that put the ball into his path.

Wouldn't be the first player to score with a mishit either. They all count :) 

Oh yes, a bit of 'Jonny on the spot' doesn't go amiss!

Actually, if he'd mishit that Windass cross today, that might have gone in!

Be nice to see him getting a few more routine goals, though.

Begs the question - is it the service, is he taking up the wrong positions, or a bit of both?!

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Comparing him to Dembele just makes you look like a retard tbh.

But Garner must be worth more cause he scored against Peterborough utd and Bury City (copyright you).

FFS we paid 3 times more for him than they did for Dembele so how is it stupid to compare them?

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

But Garner must be worth more cause he scored against Peterborough utd and Bury City (copyright you).

FFS we paid 3 times more for him than they did for Dembele so how is it stupid to compare them?

Where did I say Garner must be worth more? I highlighted his record in that league because you said he was woeful. You then said a Kilmarnock player was a better striker than him based on a few games this season so I highlighted that said player had also played in that shit league and struggled. Never said anywhere that Garner is worth more than anyone so you're just talking garbage now.

In Dembele they got a £6m striker for a compensation fee of £500k. He's a far better player. Comparing them is retarded.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Oh yes, a bit of 'Jonny on the spot' doesn't go amiss!

Actually, if he'd mishit that Windass cross today, that might have gone in!

Be nice to see him getting a few more routine goals, though.

Begs the question - is it the service, is he taking up the wrong positions, or a bit of both?!

I definitely think it's more to do with the service but his positioning will certainly play a part too. He did say in his press conference this week that he's had to adapt since coming here so hopefully we'll start seeing the results of that.

2 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Fuck me man. We are back after a 4 year lay off with no money after spunking loads on utter shite on the way through the journey and Celtic are paying a manager so much more money than anything we can afford and his players that HE signed while not premier league class are far better than what we have and better than anything else in this league. Before we were put down it was a 2 horse race and a good few times we finished SECOND (3rd 1 year) despite spending millions and millions on players, we will probably finish second this year and that's with fuck all money but it's get rid of Warburton he's shite coz we drew with Ross county and a few other shite results. Why don't we wait til the end of season then take it from there. Some people need to realise that the team at the top have all the money we don't have a pot to piss in. Before anyone comes on saying we have a budget to beat RC if we go with that theory then Celtic should be blowing killie away at home and pumping Aberdeen instead of getting a last minute penalty to tbeat them. We need time to get everyone to find their feet get into Europe spend some of the money promised then take it from there. I truly believe that given a wee bit more time some money MW will take us forward and if we got rid or let him walk then end up with Mcleish mcinnes or smith or someone like that then we would really regret it. 

twelve games in and we have won five and we cant beat the weakest teams in our league and you think we will finish second. This four year nonsense you are spouting is pathetic as well. 

You say we will end up with Managers who have done considerable more and have more experience than him in the game like it's a bad thing, not that I'm keen on those mentioned.

We would regret Smith what an absolute simpleton you are.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I definitely think it's more to do with the service but his positioning will certainly play a part too. He did say in his press conference this week that he's had to adapt since coming here so hopefully we'll start seeing the results of that.

That's what I don't get, why would the boss buy a player that has to adapt his style of play ? Surely you buy players that suit your game plan?

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Hmmm. Interesting.

Shouldn't the others be trying to feed him where he wants it, rather than him adapting to where they're going to put it?

We really do seem to be making things a lot harder than they need to be!

19 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

That's what I don't get, why would the boss buy a player that has to adapt his style of play ? Surely you buy players that suit your game plan?

you do if you are a decent manager. Though I seem to recall a manager signing everyones favourite dogger and that ended up the same way.

22 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It would certainly make more sense. Rather than signing someone and hoping he can change his style.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

twelve games in and we have won five and we cant beat the weakest teams in our league and you think we will finish second. This four year nonsense you are spouting is pathetic as well. 

You say we will end up with Managers who have done considerable more and have more experience than him in the game like it's a bad thing, not that I'm keen on those mentioned.

We would regret Smith what an absolute simpleton you are.

Aye that's what we will do, run back to Walter every time something isn't going well, really sad that.  Walter couldn't fix us with no money so get that through to ur skull before coming on and calling me a simpleton  u ignorant person. 12 games in and u think we have no chance of finishing second? Something not right there. U say ur not keen on the names I suggest then call me a simpleton for not wanting Walter back?? Is that not really u saying the same thing? This 4 year thing I'm saying is nonsense? Is it really did we not get put down 4?years ago to the bottom league lose all our quality players then blow millions on the way up????? I'll say it again why don't we try and move on instead of looking back all the time and should we do that out of the names I said that leaves mcinnes and ur saying he's done a lot more than MW in the game ? Really? I would say that's a lot or Shite but that's only my opinion, let's leave Walter alone as he couldn't and definitely wouldn't fix us without money.

Great post OP.  re: Leicester.  They won the title on sheer hard work...AND a plan.  MW is lost at the moment.. actually it's been a while.  I want to give him a chance.. but it's Nov. now and there is no improvement -- must be said.  Time -- sadly -- is running out.

7 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Aye that's what we will do, run back to Walter every time something isn't going well, really sad that.  Walter couldn't fix us with no money so get that through to ur skull before coming on and calling me a simpleton  u ignorant person. 12 games in and u think we have no chance of finishing second? Something not right there. U say ur not keen on the names I suggest then call me a simpleton for not wanting Walter back?? Is that not really u saying the same thing? This 4 year thing I'm saying is nonsense? Is it really did we not get put down 4?years ago to the bottom league lose all our quality players then blow millions on the way up????? I'll say it again why don't we try and move on instead of looking back all the time and should we do that out of the names I said that leaves mcinnes and ur saying he's done a lot more than MW in the game ? Really? I would say that's a lot or Shite but that's only my opinion, let's leave Walter alone as he couldn't and definitely wouldn't fix us without money.

So you dont want to go back the way yet mention what happened four years ago move on. Warburton has done nothing in the game to be regarded better than even McInnes who i dont rate either..

What is it you see in Warburton that i can't see ?

43 minutes ago, Smile said:

So you dont want to go back the way yet mention what happened four years ago move on. Warburton has done nothing in the game to be regarded better than even McInnes who i dont rate either..

What is it you see in Warburton that i can't see ?

I don't want to go bk the way re managers and players  but I gave a nod to the past to get people to see that under MW we are in a unique position as we have came up through the leagues on the journey spending good cash after bad on a lot of shite but he's still expected to win the league. We only believed we could win the league as D king says he was spending all this money to get us there then he doesn't produce the cash and MW is away pondering all the lower leagues for players and when u shop in that market some will be good some will be awful. He's like any manager he will make some horror buys but we aren't out of it yet I would say 2nd is the best we can hope for but that's still a European place and if we can get through some of the qualifiers then we could probably spend some money on better players. I really don't want Mcinnes as manager I think he's second rate he bombed in Bristol and came here with his tail between his legs and couldn't close the gap despite several chances on 1 of the worst playing Celtic teams with 1 of their worst managers in the past decade or so. MW is class he has came and respected everything about our club and was prepared to come to us in the Scottish championship and build something we have won a challenge cup and championship he gave me 1of my favourite days playing and beating them on penalties he contested a Scottish cup final and his players let him down badly that day we are still in the hunt for European places just now and if we can spend some money on quality then he can get the players to play his way then we are on to something, do u really want to go back and play long balls hoping for a nock down and all that shite?? He's trying to get something going from youth right through and that won't happen overnight. Anyone else imo would be a step back. 

2 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I don't want to go bk the way re managers and players  but I gave a nod to the past to get people to see that under MW we are in a unique position as we have came up through the leagues on the journey spending good cash after bad on a lot of shite but he's still expected to win the league. We only believed we could win the league as D king says he was spending all this money to get us there then he doesn't produce the cash and MW is away pondering all the lower leagues for players and when u shop in that market some will be good some will be awful. He's like any manager he will make some horror buys but we aren't out of it yet I would say 2nd is the best we can hope for but that's still a European place and if we can get through some of the qualifiers then we could probably spend some money on better players. I really don't want Mcinnes as manager I think he's second rate he bombed in Bristol and came here with his tail between his legs and couldn't close the gap despite several chances on 1 of the worst playing Celtic teams with 1 of their worst managers in the past decade or so. MW is class he has came and respected everything about our club and was prepared to come to us in the Scottish championship and build something we have won a challenge cup and championship he gave me 1of my favourite days playing and beating them on penalties he contested a Scottish cup final and his players let him down badly that day we are still in the hunt for European places just now and if we can spend some money on quality then he can get the players to play his way then we are on to something, do u really want to go back and play long balls hoping for a nock down and all that shite?? He's trying to get something going from youth right through and that won't happen overnight. Anyone else imo would be a step back. 

He's a clueless manager who has played the same system with the same bad results since last season. The football under him is poor as well passing for the sake of passing rather than attacking he plays keep ball and we are not even very good at that now.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's a clueless manager who has played the same system with the same bad results since last season. The football under him is poor as well passing for the sake of passing rather than attacking he plays keep ball and we are not even very good at that now.

Like I say we probably won't agree on this  but imo DK is the fault here with all his broken promises. If he had kept his trap shut and didn't mention all this about money then our expectations wouldn't have been so high and then MW would've been able to get on with the job in hand 

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Is that a serious question?

A transfer fee does not necessarily dictate how good a player will be. There are a number of mitigating factors. How many years does the player have left on his contract? How late in the transfer window is it? Does the club want to sell? Liverpool bought Andy Carroll for £35m whilst Arsenal bought Alexis Sanchez for £31.5m three years 

Dembele would have cost them more than Garner under normal circumstances. The signed him using the same loophole that we used to get Rossiter. It means that they could probably afford to offer him higher wages and a higher sign-on fee. Also, they will expect to recoup a lot of that when they inevitably sell him for £10m+. 

Garner cost more than Zlatan?! Why didn't we sign him?!

I've no idea what point you're trying to make here. So with both players available, they did a great bit of business snapping up a talented 19 year old with huge sell-on value for fuck all, and we did a terrible bit of business by paying nearly £2m for an average 28 year old with no sell-on value? Is that your point, because it's also my point?

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

You asked me why it's not a relevant comparison and I answered you. I'm not saying Garner is a better signing than Dembele. We couldn't have signed Dembele.

So you can't make the comparison because they are different players?<cr> Two players, who play in the same position, playing in the same league, signed in the same transfer window by 2 clubs challenging for the same title in the same league. Can't really think of a more relevant comparison...

Why could we not have signed him?

11 hours ago, delamonty said:

MW is lost at the moment.. actually it's been a while.

Exactly this. And I've run out of belief that he will find his way again with us. Feels like he has his concept/strategy and it hasn't worked...so now we're floundering hopelessly and the wee rhetorical phrases of "learning from it" and "we'll be in good shape" sound hollow.

Just now, OhW said:

That's not what I said is it? You need to consider more than just transfer fee alone. I'm not going to bother explaining why we couldn't have signed Dembele because you should already know. Pick a needless fight with someone else. 

I'm not picking a fight with anybody, I thought I was having a discussion. I know you need to consider more than transfer fee. So you're refusing to tell me why we couldn't sign a player they signed, on the basis that I "should already know"? Cool.