THE EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I have no doubt we will get 2nd but only because the rest are just slightly poorer than us.

2nd place for me, as a Rangers fan, is last ?

I think the only way we'll get 2nd is because our main rivals are as flaky as we are!

Must say, I expect it to be some contest for that spot & that will be just about the only thing of any interest at all about the league this season.

Unfortunately, a scintillating battle for 2nd isn't really the point, is it?

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We are rebuilding and yet folk expect instant success - it's not just a question of money but of time to build a squad and that time needs to be measured in seasons not weeks! 

You couldn't be more wrong, we are just looking for some kind of thread of success or some glimpse of progress but we are not getting it.

We want Warburton to be a success, if we were as fickle as you suggest we wouldn't be getting the amount of support we are getting going to games and Warburton would have been history by now.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You couldn't be more wrong, we are just looking for some kind of thread of success or some glimpse of progress but we are not getting it.

We want Warburton to be a success, if we were as fickle as you suggest we wouldn't be getting the amount of support we are getting going to games and Warburton would have been history by now.

The club are backing him - agreed - but some RM posters are howling for change and would have him out weeks ago - how many defeats or draws will we give a new manager before demanding a new one ? 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We don't have "seasons" to build a team to win a league title. We never have and never will accept that length of time to be successful.

... and yet that may be what we need for long term stability and success 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The club are backing him - agreed - but some RM posters are howling for change and would have him out weeks ago - how many defeats or draws will we give a new manager before demanding a new one ? 

It's not the result that's bothering me it's the performance. The constant bullshit about learning and training well.

We ain't learning. We are a shite football side at the moment. 

It's really a quality of clothes issue rather than a lack of clothing.

Mr Warburton has been shopping at Primark, whilst Brenda had the cash to shop at Harrods.

Seriously, just imagine we had the cash to buy a top quality centre back, fast goalscoring winger and quality up front, might have made a difference.

It's down to Mr King now to supply the money to add some class to the wardrobe.................

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We are rebuilding and yet folk expect instant success - it's not just a question of money but of time to build a squad and that time needs to be measured in seasons not weeks! 

Instant success is one thing but horrendous signings, horrific defending and poor tactics is something else.

If we can't beat a bottom of the league Ross County team not once but twice this season it has to set alarm bells ringing as our wage bill is probably many millions more than them.

We lose the same type of goal week in week out without ever doing anything about it and our gaffer spent £1.8m on a striker who's frankly not far off being as bad as Egil Ostenstad.

At this rate it's going to take 100 season's before we become successful.

The only thing i would disagree on is re the goal today.  It was well worked on the training ground and a clear foul on Clint Hill.  The ref missed it first time, which is easy to do so not blaming him, but Hill then warned him and we got 2 fouls in the next 2 corners.

As others have pointed out, this change in play has been since immediately after the Semi Final win.  We've just not been the same team and patience is running thin.

No amount of "disappointing but we will go again next week" will wash.  

Something needs to change.  And fast. (tu) 

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Going back to my original post, if we see progress then the support would be less likely to want him gone off the cuff of a bad run.

We just want to see our team progress, I for one did not expect us to lift the title this year.

After last year Warburton has shown no signs we are progressing as a team<<<<<<<<<<

Just now, TheLawMan said:

The only thing i would disagree on is re the goal today.  It was well worked on the training ground and a clear foul on Clint Hill.  The ref missed it first time, which is easy to do so not blaming him, but Hill then warned him and we got 2 fouls in the next 2 corners.

As others have pointed out, this change in play has been since immediately after the Semi Final win.  We've just not been the same team and patience is running thin.

No amount of "disappointing but we will go again next week" will wash.  

Something needs to change.  And fast. (tu) 

Yeah . except it looked to me like it was Kiernan that fouled Hill. Was shambolic. 

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It's really a quality of clothes issue rather than a lack of clothing.

Mr Warburton has been shopping at Primark, whilst Brenda had the cash to shop at Harrods.

Seriously, just imagine we had the cash to buy a top quality centre back, fast goalscoring winger and quality up front, might have made a difference.

It's down to Mr King now to supply the money to add some class to the wardrobe.................

MW isn't shopping at Primark, he's shopping in the overpriced petrol station that charges £2.50 for a bottle of Irn Bru. We should be looking to places like Scandinavia to find value for money rather than overpaying for fucking dross from the Scottish and lower English leagues.

1 hour ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

tried so hard to keep faith but every time we put in a performance that makes me think "okay, that's more like it" we fail completely to build on it and we're a shambles again.

Thats because the players we can afford are inconsistent. It's why we can afford them. 

While I think Warburton has lots to offer I don't see that at our level and with players available will he realise it. 

He is also too rigid in his philosophy. I honestly think he'd rather lose playing the 'right way' than win 'ugly'. 

He has until the end of the season I think then he'll be off. I actually think he'll be off whether we do well or not. He doesn't have an affiliation with the club and doesn't seem to enjoy it either. 

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Going back to my original post, if we see progress then the support would be less likely to want him gone off the cuff of a bad run.

We just want to see our team progress, I for one did not expect us to lift the title this year.

After last year Warburton has shown no signs we are progressing as a team<<<<<<<<<<

And the time to judge that is the end of the season - we had shown signs of improvement and just hit another bad game but let's see where we are at end of season