Warburton, Halliday and Forrester Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I'm fine with him giving the journos a hard time - I just don't see it playing out well if he starts on us!?

Totally agree mate.

Digging deeper or whatever, plenty of fans have seen games different to the manager this season.

Fair enough the subs worked today so he can claim that.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Totally agree mate.

Digging deeper or whatever, plenty of fans have seen games different to the manager this season.

Fair enough the subs worked today so he can claim that.

Quite right - credit where it's due & I'm happy to dish a bit of that out!?

Re post match interviews / articles.   It's a generation thing I suppose......but I smiled at Alice Hedworth's description of Garner......"The striker turned on six pence to shrug off the Dees defender".   

She does of course mean 'turned on a sixpence'.     Journalists these days.  Amusing though it is all that hard work, training and preparation still does not mean a polished and perfect end product is put before the Support.   Alice is probably too young to remember what an actual sixpence coin looked like.  Ah well, it made for amusing reading.

McKay still needs to play that advanced midfield role for me. Can turn both ways, spot a pass and injects a bit of pace and forward thinking to that role. I just hope Warburton plays him there for a few weeks and we will see a difference in our cutting edge as well as it meaning Garner and Miller not dropping in.

22 hours ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

last min winner against falkirk last season (yes i know i keep bringing that up) i'll keep bringing that up every time somebody mentions about last gasp winners

We wouldn't have got that as Warburton was shouting for Billy King to stay wide, he took it upon himself to go inside.

We are not as good a team as last year nor are Dundee.

4 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Re post match interviews / articles.   It's a generation thing I suppose......but I smiled at Alice Hedworth's description of Garner......"The striker turned on six pence to shrug off the Dees defender".   

She does of course mean 'turned on a sixpence'.     Journalists these days.  Amusing though it is all that hard work, training and preparation still does not mean a polished and perfect end product is put before the Support.   Alice is probably too young to remember what an actual sixpence coin looked like.  Ah well, it made for amusing reading.

He then hit the ball like he was hitting a Thrupenny  bit.

Sometimes fans do have to actually think about a substitution before booing..   taking the managers comments as starting on the fans is ludicrous and it wasn't dismissive, he explained why he took him off.  Can't wait for warburton to turn it around and the warburton oot brigade will have to eat humble pie and disappear into the back ground