Praise Dundee's tactics? You're having a laugh!

1 minute ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

I didn't say we were a bad team at all. Far from it. We are where we are at the moment. We will get better as the squad develops. I just think we should be expecting a bit more from the so-called top teams in the league. That's all.  

I appreciate what you're saying and it frustrates the life outta me when goalies are taking 20-30 seconds at every goal kick. But, as others have said, it's just going to be part and parcel of it this season and we're going to have to be more clinical in front of goal so that these teams can't sit in. I actually try to just take the positives from it and that we must be considered a threat otherwise these teams would just go for it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I thought that the perpetrator on saturday had only just been booked shortly before and collum shat it.

See other posters mentioning Messi's comments about anti-football?

Well his barcelona team faced it again at the weekend and couldn't break down a stubborn 9 man malaga, bet the budget was huge between them 2 teams aswell but this only goes to show that that football is played on grass and not paper.

Didn't think he had been booked but could be wrong.Either way highlights the inconsistency in our game and just adds to the list of things that are wrong and slowly but surely are driving more and more away from game in a whole.Both supporters and possible major investors.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Cheers, can't go it myself and yes it's cheating and these players forget it's a game of skill but everything now is win at all costs which is ruining the game. 

We all had a shirt pull right in front of the ref but again the incompetent prick just looked away. That does my head in also but compare it to England where the refs are starting to give pens with the West Ham pen on Saturday as a case in point.

I never seen that game but the wain shouted up to me that it was never a penalty.

The only way to eradicate shite like this from the game is punish players with yellow/red cards.

We should be blowin shite like bottom of the league dundee out the water at Ibrox, them parkin the fuckin bus shite or no. Nearly came a cropper but thankfully we got a bit of luck for once with HF great effort, a guy a have gave a bit of stick covered our arses as well, a couple of nice wee saves kept the game alive, well done the goalie!:sherlock:

5 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Didn't think he had been booked but could be wrong.Either way highlights the inconsistency in our game and just adds to the list of things that are wrong and slowly but surely are driving more and more away from game in a whole.Both supporters and possible major investors.

Not sure myself tbh.

We thought he had just been booked but it could have been someone else.

It does ruin the game as a spectacle but this shit goes on everywhere, Real Madrid do it to barcelona, pepe and ramos kick fuck out of the barca front 3.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not sure myself tbh.

We thought he had just been booked but it could have been someone else.

It does ruin the game as a spectacle but this shit goes on everywhere, Real Madrid do it to barcelona, pepe and ramos kick fuck out of the barca front 3.

Yes unfortunately it seems to be part and parcel of the game now. You can only hope that referees deal with it but alas the inconsistency in that dept is there for all to see on a weekly basis.

6 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Yes unfortunately it seems to be part and parcel of the game now. You can only hope that referees deal with it but alas the inconsistency in that dept is there for all to see on a weekly basis.

As i said earlier on, possibly on another thread, as long as we have managers coming out with pish like "its ok to kick him because he is a young english player and my player is scottish" 

Then this shit will go on and on.

Just now, plumbGER said:

As i said earlier on, possibly on another thread, as long as we have managers coming out with pish like "its ok to kick him because he is a young english player and my player is scottish" 

Then this shit will go on and on.

Was yet another night of pish tactics by the opposition and some of the worst refereeing I've seen. Fucking assaults carried out on Oduwa that night.

8 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Was yet another night of pish tactics by the opposition and some of the worst refereeing I've seen. Fucking assaults carried out on Oduwa that night.

No wonder the boy wanted to get back down the road.

A genuine flair player lost to the game up here.

Arrived on the scene, done a rainbow flick (and should have got a penalty) then became fair game for kicking.

38 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I never seen that game but the wain shouted up to me that it was never a penalty.

The only way to eradicate shite like this from the game is punish players with yellow/red cards.

it was a definite pen, clear as daylight, I was gutted at the time as i put on spurs when they were 1 down but it worked ok in the end lol 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

No wonder the boy wanted to get back down the road.

A genuine flair player lost to the game up here.

Arrived on the scene, done a rainbow flick (and should have got a penalty) then became fair game for kicking.

Unfortunately that's the mentality you are up against. When you hear commentators,managers and pundits describe former so called international captains such as Brown as battlers,scrappers,etc is it any wonder.Not words you associate with some of the games greats but that's Scottish football for you.

3 hours ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

If ever a game epitomised everything that is wrong with Scottish football, then Saturday was it. Unfortunately, there's been a few like it so far this season. I found it laughable reading the press match reports over the weekend, stating that Paul Hartley got his tactics "spot on". So what is so savvy about getting everyman and their dog behind the ball, and running down the clock from the 60 min mark? Even taking over a minute to take a bloody simple throw-in. I noticed in the first half, the Dundee players broke forward 3 or 4 times, only to look up like frightened rabbits, and simply do a hopeless pass, or kick the ball straight out of play; then quickly all funnel back into their comfort zones, behind the ball. Utterly pathetic.

Years ago, when we had players like: Laudrup, Gasgoine, Abertz etc, and teams set up like this, I got it. I really did. Even in Smith's last season at the helm, when we had gems like: Jelavic, Naismith and Davis, I accepted it too. The onus was on us to break teams down, as they simply couldn't match our quality.

When we got promoted this season however, I thought I would be seeing much more end-to-end type games, considering we no longer have the type of top players quoted above.

All things considered, I thought we played quite well on Saturday and enjoyed our win. Dundee got exactly what they deserved from the game - fuck all. With the exception of playing 'them' at the piggery, all the teams have adopted these type of tactics against us - even the vile dons played like this in their own ground, ffs!

Considering our team is now made up of players from the lower echelons of English football, why are the premier league sides not opening up and having a real go at us from the start, like a few of the teams did in the championship last season?! I find it bizarre, that the so-called 'premier league teams' all want to stifle the games against us, with the hope of getting 'lucky' at some point during the match - just like Dundee almost did on Saturday!

did you think it was everything that was wrong with Football when Smith got us to the UEFA cup final?

I understand the OP though.  Last season especially where only Morton took something at Ibrox (and they actually came and attacked us that day).

Teams like Dundee, if they had not put full onus on defending, could very easily have taken something on Saturday.  Ther were occasions where they broke and had they not been so timid to look forward as mentioned by the OP, would have punished us.  The chances they did have could and would likely have been taken by better teams.

It's not about teams coming here to please us... it's about delivering a product which is worth paying the money for all around and enhancing the image of Scottish Football which, largely is not the case in the 'Premiership'

I think the OP must be at the wind up because no-one could be so stupid and hypocritical to complain about them defending when we've parked the bus many times. Fact of the matter is Warburton's tactics are too easy to defend against. Third of the way through the season and we've dropped points in more games than we've won, and we're struggling to keep pace with Aberdeen ffs who spend on about a third on their average squad member's wages than what we do. Warburton has been sussed and he's naive and arrogant to think he didn't need a plan B. It'll be the undoing of him in the end. 

24 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

it was a definite pen, clear as daylight, I was gutted at the time as i put on spurs when they were 1 down but it worked ok in the end lol 

Oh aye i think i seen it.

My boy has took a liking to West Ham, i think its because the Union flag and Queen Elizabeth stuff on the new top that he wanted for his birthday.

He wasn't happy at the end, there could have been anti-semetic things shouted had i not came in to see what the noise was when Spurs scored 2 late goals.

2 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I think the OP must be at the wind up because no-one could be so stupid and hypocritical to complain about them defending when we've parked the bus many times. Fact of the matter is Warburton's tactics are too easy to defend against. Third of the way through the season and we've dropped points in more games than we've won, and we're struggling to keep pace with Aberdeen ffs who spend on about a third on their average squad member's wages than what we do. Warburton has been sussed and he's naive and arrogant to think he didn't need a plan B. It'll be the undoing of him in the end. 

cartoon-record-player-wavey-vinyl.gif

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Oh aye i think i seen it.

My boy has took a liking to West Ham, i think its because the Union flag and Queen Elizabeth stuff on the new top that he wanted for his birthday.

He wasn't happy at the end, there could have been anti-semetic things shouted had i not came in to see what the noise was when Spurs scored 2 late goals.

??? my mate was down there last week on the hospitality, He got some pics with Charlie Adam just before he put the boot into Strachan

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

??? my mate was down there last week on the hospitality, He got some pics with Charlie Adam just before he put the boot into Strachan

Charlie used to be a bit of a dick when he was younger, mind meeting him and Hutton in the arches and Hutton bought me a drink but Charlie had an attitude.

11 hours ago, 5*RFC said:

We are Rangers and teams still have a fear factor when coming up against us, just promoted or not.

Quite the opposite imo. They see us as vulnerable.

I think they know we play pretty football at times but I'd say they fancy their chances of getting something more than ever before rather than they fear a scudding.