Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

After it was found to be unlawful, the club done literally nothing and just accepted it.

They were not allowed to under the 5way agreement ,Also during the embargo Green and or his buddies were still in control and had no intention of progressing the club the way they should ,The embargo suited them ,stopped them being under pressure to actually spend money on players 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Because we didn't have any time to fight it, as we were not getting a licence if we didn't accept if I recall correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I think celtic should get hammered over this carry on, but the most important thing is the real victims get the help they need.

From a selfish vindictive reason I would love for them to be punished with sporting sanctions, but to be honest it probably isn't the right course of action. 

The right course of action is that anyone guilty of criminality is charged and the victims are compensated to allow them to get any help they need and also a big wedge extra to make their lives more comfortable.

That is the issue at hand.

The ridiculous handling of our demotion and punishments for our way of exiting admin are a different matter. 

An end to the saga and an apology is what most victims are after ,The way this has been dragged out is disgusting ,

The victims have lived with this for 30 to 50 years and the last 3 the story has been in the public eye ,this saga needs to end but certain individuals are dragging it out to keep a few quid in their pockets 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

They were not allowed to under the 5way agreement ,Also during the embargo Green and or his buddies were still in control and had no intention of progressing the club the way they should ,The embargo suited them ,stopped them being under pressure to actually spend money on players 

Wrong. The 5WA explicity allowed for it to be appealed right up to CAS. Too many people were happy to listen to Green lying through his teeth (stolen money by SFA, can't appeal 5WA and a few others) rather than actually look for themselves. Every single version of the 5WA that was leaked had provisions for it to be appealed first through the SFA appellate system and then all the way to CAS.

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Because we didn't have any time to fight it, as we were not getting a licence if we didn't accept if I recall correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I think celtic should get hammered over this carry on, but the most important thing is the real victims get the help they need.

From a selfish vindictive reason I would love for them to be punished with sporting sanctions, but to be honest it probably isn't the right course of action. 

The right course of action is that anyone guilty of criminality is charged and the victims are compensated to allow them to get any help they need and also a big wedge extra to make their lives more comfortable.

That is the issue at hand.

The ridiculous handling of our demotion and punishments for our way of exiting admin are a different matter. 

Then we should have used the provisions in the 5WA to appeal it. If that caused the league season to be delayed so be it. (This is nothing I wasn't saying on here at the time either).

The bit in bold is the crux of it. The idea that stripping trophies etc from a football club can, in any way make up for someone being abused as a child, is pretty staggering to me. Justice comes through criminal courts not football associations.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Wrong. The 5WA explicity allowed for it to be appealed right up to CAS. Too many people were happy to listen to Green lying through his teeth (stolen money by SFA, can't appeal 5WA and a few others) rather than actually look for themselves. Every single version of the 5WA that was leaked had provisions for it to be appealed first through the SFA appellate system and then all the way to CAS.

The way I read it the club had no way of suing the SFA or SPFL 

My second point still stands though ,there was no appetite during the embargo period as it meant more money going out the club to a place that want suitable to the owners 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

There will be no sporting sanctions against any clubs. Even the Penn State case folk like to trumpet had almost all of the sporting sanctions overturned after the fact.

Penn State did not play post-season football for four years (2011-2014) and were fined $60M. The only things re-instated were scholarships and Paterno's coaching wins

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Penn State did not play post-season football for four years (2011-2014) and were fined $60M. The only things re-instated were scholarships and Paterno's coaching wins

Which were all the sporting sanctions applied. The post-season ban and scholarship bans were ended early.

The only thing that did remain was the fine. And even that, the NCAA lost out on because it was challenged and had to go to a sexual abuse survivors group rather than the NCAA who wanted to pocket it.

2 hours ago, soulboy said:

Hes making a tv programme not leading the enquiry

He was not leading the tax enquiry for HMRC into our finances but he never missed a punch, he can make the programme look mild or off the scale brutal with the info to hand.

30 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The way I read it the club had no way of suing the SFA or SPFL 

My second point still stands though ,there was no appetite during the embargo period as it meant more money going out the club to a place that want suitable to the owners 

If the club couldn't take action against the SFA or SPFL they wouldn't have been able to raise the issue on the lawfulness of the transfer embargo. It also explicity stated that there was a right of appeal, which we choose not to take up.

There was no appetite for the club to be treated fairly? Absolute bollocks. The thousands who marched to Hampden made that perfectly clear.

3 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Write what you want to write.

Make whatever documentary you like.

Say whatever comes to your mind.

Accuse whoever you want of whatever.

Shout, scream, yell, stamp your feet, get angry, get upset. Whatever.

Nothing is going to happen about this. Absolutely fuck all. And as the famous saying goes, you can take that to the bank.

Isn't there a number of peadophile coaches currently sitting in prison somewhere?

Which were all the sporting sanctions applied. The post-season ban and scholarship bans were ended early.

The only thing that did remain was the fine. And even that, the NCAA lost out on because it was challenged and had to go to a sexual abuse survivors group rather than the NCAA who wanted to pocket it.

That's exactly where the money should have went in the first place. If the paedos ever receive similar sanctions they would be finished. And to be honest, their crimes are worse because it is more than one perpetrator and more than likely a ring where the crimes even ended up on American soil. I actually think the noose is tightening. 

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If the club couldn't take action against the SFA or SPFL they wouldn't have been able to raise the issue on the lawfulness of the transfer embargo. It also explicity stated that there was a right of appeal, which we choose not to take up.

There was no appetite for the club to be treated fairly? Absolute bollocks. The thousands who marched to Hampden made that perfectly clear.

If I recall correctly, the first transfer ban was applied as a punishment for actions.

This was unlawful so they withdrew it when challenged.

The second transfer ban was not a punishment for any actions. It was a condition of membership.

I don't think we could appeal it, as it was not a sanction as such but a mandatory condition of our entry.

Was a sneaky way of getting round the legal defeat.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If I recall correctly, the first transfer ban was applied as a punishment for actions.

This was unlawful so they withdrew it when challenged.

The second transfer ban was not a punishment for any actions. It was a condition of membership.

I don't think we could appeal it, as it was not a sanction as such but a mandatory condition of our entry.

Was a sneaky way of getting round the legal defeat.

The transfer ban we were under was the original one. Court of session said it should go back to the SFA and be re-heard, we rolled over and got our bellies tickled. Again.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The transfer ban we were under was the original one. Court of session said it should go back to the SFA and be re-heard, we rolled over and got our bellies tickled. Again.

Rangers went to court and the transfer ban got lifted. 

The transfer ban was reinstated by the SFA and Rangers accepted it as a condition to be allowed to join the SFL.

It allowed Rangers to sign players in the summer of 2012 and it was accepted.

If Rangers had said no they would not have had a league membership so it was clearly a forced ban outwith the SFAs own regulations.

Its easy to say we “rolled over” and got “our bellies tickled” but what was the alternative to not getting a license to play?

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Rangers went to court and the transfer ban got lifted. 

The transfer ban was reinstated by the SFA and Rangers accepted it as a condition to be allowed to join the SFL.

It allowed Rangers to sign players in the summer of 2012 and it was accepted.

If Rangers had said no they would not have had a league membership so it was clearly a forced ban outwith the SFAs own regulations.

Its easy to say we “rolled over” and got “our bellies tickled” but what was the alternative to not getting a license to play?

Court of Arbitration for Sport, as stated in the 5WA.

There were copies posted regularly on here at the time and iirc there was also one posted within the last few weeks

To be honest, the transfer ban thing is a bit of a red herring anyway.

We got the players we needed in to romp the division.

My bigger gripe was with the teams kicking us from the top flight.

That was more the member clubs rather than the authorities, but the authorities barring the sfa and the spl were dicks, the sfl at the time were a bit better.

Archived