Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Would a better excuse for it to be moved is that the BD is an open forum and can be viewed by the public/snoopers.  People will inevitably be talking about stuff that could get them in soapy bubble?

moving it would protect posters a bit from screenshot grabs and what not, which could be used wider than our wee forum?

just a thought.  

I'm more concerned at the thought process of people who want to bury it away from an open forum where it can't be  viewed by the public or snoopers.  Why on earth should it be buried???  More important that it's kept in the public conscience,; it's up to individuals if they want to post content that might get them in "soapy".  Anything that could be really contentious, such as a previously unattributed individual being named is for moderation.  People are rightly suspicious of the "hide it" brigade.

10 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I'm more concerned at the thought process of people who want to bury it away from an open forum where it can't be  viewed by the public or snoopers.  Why on earth should it be buried???  More important that it's kept in the public conscience,; it's up to individuals if they want to post content that might get them in "soapy".  Anything that could be really contentious, such as a previously unattributed individual being named is for moderation.  People are rightly suspicious of the "hide it" brigade.

Yes I agree, also those who do not wish to take this particular topic seriously concerns me.

If you look back to the other forums on this subject myself and others have posted a great deal on this topic, so I would advise those doubting previous input go check those if they are looking fo find out more factual input, in order they may continue this thread by discussing it properly. 

As they say ignorance is bliss, but think it is immoral to try and pretend these issues don't exist or are irrelevant to our club, Scottish football, and our society s a whole.

7 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Nobody is saying hide it. The bears den has always been a place for general Rangers football chat.  So rightly so posters moan about it being about anything else. 

thats really all its about fuck all to do about folks trying to hide it. 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’m worried that up until a month ago there was nothing substantively new.

What is it now 8 cfc connected coaches ? And they hadn’t joined those dots that’s worrying. 

Even with just the dots the bigger picture is plain to see, all point to a denial or cover up in all sort of areas.

Just a question of which influential leaders in the Scottish establishment are most culpable.

I believe the truth will out, but that it will be held back until those of influnece involved are safely out of the way, dead.

Scotland's greatest shame indeed.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nobody is saying hide it. The bears den has always been a place for general Rangers football chat.  So rightly so posters moan about it being about anything else. 

The Bears' Den is not just a place for general Rangers football chat, it encompasses , serious discussion, humour, opinion, insight and factual data too, all relevant to our club. 

If you fancy just a casual chat not involving to many facts, relevant issues or serious discussion, maybe facebook would suit better ?

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You did! :confused: In the very post I commented on, you said "BD is an open forum and can be viewed by the public/snoopers".  That reads you don't want the public or snoopers to see it.

Anyway, it's a moot point in the scheme of things.  I'm  forever grateful that a number of people have kept the pot boiling and the subject in the public eye and we seem to be getting closer to justice.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

You did! :confused: In the very post I commented on, you said "BD is an open forum and can be viewed by the public/snoopers".  That reads you don't want the public or snoopers to see it.

Anyway, it's a moot point in the scheme of things.  I'm  forever grateful that a number of people have kept the pot boiling and the subject in the public eye and we seem to be getting closer to justice.

If you have the courage of your convictions, strong morals and a wish to be respected you should never be afraid of stating the truth, even on a football forum.

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The Bears' Den is not just a place for general Rangers football chat, it encompasses , serious discussion, humour, opinion, insight and factual data too, all relevant to our club. 

If you fancy just a casual chat not involving to many facts, relevant issues or serious discussion, maybe facebook would suit better ?

You are a complete mong. 

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

celtic’s friends in politics and the media will do everything they can to muddy the waters and try and paint a picture of it being a major issue at all clubs throughout Scottish Football, in truth what happens the Stade Nonce is on another level, we mustn’t lose sight of that. They allowed a known abuser to return to their cesspit, where he continued to assault children.

I want all peados caught and brought to justice. I couldn't care less what team it happened at. It is very obvious celtic had a massive part in it but tbh if it happened at any football club or organisation (including Rangers) I'd want them punished too. It's disgusting and needs tough punishments for all. Loyalties should take a back seat to protect children no matter the environment or circumstance.  

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’m worried that up until a month ago there was nothing substantively new.

What is it now 8 cfc connected coaches ? And they hadn’t joined those dots that’s worrying. 

Exactly my thoughts, it didn’t need Sherlock Holmes to work out what was going on but for some reason this enquiry just came up with this recently 

Beggars belief. 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Down right sinister that nothing being aired in the Scottish newspapers. Is it only the English press that has journalists ?

When there is a ring as large as this then   it wud not surprises me that the reasons it’s getting covered up is the top men in   politics / police / businessmen/   football clubs  We’re all part of it as the silence makes you suspicious .

As it stands, due to go out tonight and tomorrow night on the C4 news. 

There is also ongoing articles being done by UK newspapers, not just Scottish. Senior reporters have been up in Scotland this week interviewing victims. 

I know and am in contact with one of the victims featured, an ex celtic Boy's Club player and victim of Torbett. He has only recently came forward, though has waved his anonymity, wants Torbett to know it is him. Probably more charges as well. 

There was just too much info in my post above re him and what is currently going on, and how the SNP have been ignoring him and this in general, so i pulled it until all this goes public. 

Here's a link to the most factual thread on this on RM.

I believe not only is it relevant to our club, but will also reflect the views of the majority of our fan base. Respect to those folk with good moral and human decency who took the time out to contribute to it. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Another thing you notice from that article is the difference in sentencing between Scotland and England. 
We really are the home of the Peado these days. 

There's a fucking few needing on a register when you read some of the appeasing shite in the politics section.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There's a fucking few needing on a register when you read some of the appeasing shite in the politics section.

We are an all encompassing club, so there will be extremes of opinion on most things, all of which can be discussed with reason.

I worry more about those who are afraid to voice their factual opinions on subjects like these, and wish to hide it away in allegedly "private" areas on the forum. I would only expect that on the cellic forums.

Archived