Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ricksen92 said:

They passed it over, because votes are more important than bringing  those responsible to  court ,and punish the club who .'s support they need to stay in power.

I know ,who would think that a Western European country could be so absolutely corrupt 

2 hours ago, ricksen92 said:

They passed it over, because votes are more important than bringing  those responsible to  court ,and punish the club who .'s support they need to stay in power.

They also gave it to the SFA because the SFA changed their rules to protect their favourite team

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They also gave it to the SFA because the SFA changed their rules to protect their favourite team

Asking the SFA to investigate was the equivalent of the BBC asking Rolf Harris to investigate Saville 

The SFA have their own CSA issues too 

20 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I have just made a wee donation to this, thanks for highlighting it Sparkle. :thumbup:

I would like to post it in the B D so that more members can see it, but I know how the other threads have gone in the past and do not want another few days of arguing before it is moved.

What do you think @dummiesoot @MisterC @ben51 or any other mods @admin

If you do not want it in the B D would you be happy for a separate thread in here in G S ??  because it will soon get lost in this thread. Thanks in advance.  :thumbup:

PS  also shared on Twitter, I really believe this might well be the way to get these people some justice. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

I dont see a problem with that  would put a link in the BD. Bit busy at the moment, will come back to it.

47 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Happy to have it in BD too

Good stuff.

Out of interest why put a link/ thread to a just giving page for justice for victims in the BD but not put a thread on CSA in football in the same place?

On 06/03/2020 at 01:02, KingKirk said:

I ain't seen one article in the main papers up here about the C4 news stuff

One of the victims featured in the C4 stuff in today's Record, yet again exposing the separate entity pish -

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/news/scottish-news/celtic-boys-club-child-sex-21647904?fbclid=IwAR3hnYmGGGgYFisf-_zKEdFccEBXaT5pAz_yfm50RaiKWlB2Ud7S9fXmqgA

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

Happy to have it in BD too

Just a new thread in the BD with the link that Sparkle put up would be great mate, it will still probably be jumped on by some, but if one of you 'mod' guys started it I think that would make a difference. :thumbup:

45 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Good stuff.

Out of interest why put a link/ thread to a just giving page for justice for victims in the BD but not put a thread on CSA in football in the same place?

While I agree about where it should be mate, I think we know by now some posters will not leave it alone until it is moved.

My opinion is we just have to accept that and if we can get a thread for the 'just giving link' to survive then that is more important.

I genuinely think this fund raiser might do more than some other things have, let's try and support it on here and Twitter and see where it goes. :thumbup:

56 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

While I agree about where it should be mate, I think we know by now some posters will not leave it alone until it is moved.

My opinion is we just have to accept that and if we can get a thread for the 'just giving link' to survive then that is more important.

I genuinely think this fund raiser might do more than some other things have, let's try and support it on here and Twitter and see where it goes. :thumbup:

The first smartasmrse to come out with the h post building comment ,BEARS DEN ?  Should need to contribute 20 quid to the appeal 

6 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I have just made a wee donation to this, thanks for highlighting it Sparkle. :thumbup:

I would like to post it in the B D so that more members can see it, but I know how the other threads have gone in the past and do not want another few days of arguing before it is moved.

What do you think @dummiesoot @MisterC @ben51 or any other mods @admin

If you do not want it in the B D would you be happy for a separate thread in here in G S ??  because it will soon get lost in this thread. Thanks in advance.  :thumbup:

PS  also shared on Twitter, I really believe this might well be the way to get these people some justice. 

Or it could be added to the link at the top of the page for getting an independent enquiry, which now stands at 29,228. with a target of 35,000.

https://www.change.org/p/british-goverment-petition-to-get-celtics-cover-up-investigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Or it could be added to the link at the top of the page for getting an independent enquiry, which now stands at 29,228. with a target of 35,000.

https://www.change.org/p/british-goverment-petition-to-get-celtics-cover-up-investigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0

Yes it could SH but since a couple of the mods seem happy to put it in the BD I would like to give it a try. I think it is best to keep the two separate.

While the petition is worthwhile I feel thus is a new approach to this and think it might have more of an impact, it certainly will if the £20K is raised I would say. 

The more response the better and keep pushing the petition as well. 👍

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes it could SH but since a couple of the mods seem happy to put it in the BD I would like to give it a try. I think it is best to keep the two separate.

While the petition is worthwhile I feel thus is a new approach to this and think it might have more of an impact, it certainly will if the £20K is raised I would say. 

The more response the better and keep pushing the petition as well. 👍

Definitely mate. 

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Is there any one on twitter who can make https://twitter.com/alextomo  aware of this petition for his Empowerment in action campaign. https://www.change.org/p/british-goverment-petition-to-get-celtics-cover-up-investigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0

I think I noticed it the last day on Twitter SH,  but will check tomorrow after the football ( if not too angry :happy:) on my laptop. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Excellent stuff.  :thumbup:

As he states in the fund page, no cunt misses the price of a pint or two but if it helps in any way to get the recognition and justice that these people must have then I’d rather they had it than me waste it mate. 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

As he states in the fund page, no cunt misses the price of a pint or two but if it helps in any way to get the recognition and justice that these people must have then I’d rather they had it than me waste it mate. 

:thumbup:

5 hours ago, Siam69 said:

One of the victims featured in the C4 stuff in today's Record, yet again exposing the separate entity pish -

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/news/scottish-news/celtic-boys-club-child-sex-21647904?fbclid=IwAR3hnYmGGGgYFisf-_zKEdFccEBXaT5pAz_yfm50RaiKWlB2Ud7S9fXmqgA

I think that 'boy of the year' award will be significant in any cover-up investigation.

celtic Boys’ Club sex abuse victim says 'damning' Jim Torbett picture exposes separate entity 'myth'
Gordon Woods says every boy who signed for the boys' club knew they were getting involved directly with celtic FC. 

A striking photograph from more than 50 years ago haunts a victim of celtic Boys’ Club child sex beast Jim Torbett to his core. Gordon Woods never played for the club after being told he wasn’t good enough in the late 60s but was instructed to keep coming to training by Torbett so he could be preyed on. 

The photo has now emerged showing a young Gordon holding a trophy he had no right to claim. Torbett is seen smiling in the rear, while famous Celts pose with the players. But Gordon was the player who never was and, instead of playing even once, he was repeatedly sexually abused by Torbett. Two attacks happened in a toy shop in north Glasgow while, he believes, the shop owner was watching. Now Gordon says he feels “abused again, again and again” over celtic FC’s claim it was a “separate entity” from the youth set-up.

image.thumb.png.ce99542c0e28378d2d923a9907da1280.png

There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing by anyone in the photo – other than Torbett. But Gordon, now in his 60s, believes the image is proof celtic FC can no longer credibly claim the “separate entity” position. In the photo he is seen, bottom right, holding the trophy along with other young boys. Gordon said: “I was a target from my very first experience with celtic Boys’ Club. I’m photographed holding a trophy I had no involvement in winning but my abuser wanted me in the photograph. “I am seen standing, a frequent event, with the celtic manager, the celtic chairman, Jim Torbett and the celtic European Cup-winning captain. “I now think my abuser wanted the photograph as his own ‘trophy’.” And he said of the photo: “This surely ridicules celtic’s stance of separate entity. Their statement is outrageous and calculated prevarication.

Nothing could be further from the truth. “The dream I was promised had nothing to do with ability – my trial ended in failure, with only my abuser allowing me a reprieve. It has morphed into a nightmare of massive proportions. “Every boy who signed for celtic Boys’ Club knew they were getting involved directly with celtic FC.  “We were joining the celtic family. We had the respect of our families, parents and siblings, who were so proud and excited one of their own had an opportunity with celtic FC. “I was involved in celtic Boys’ Club games at Parkhead and received complimentary stand tickets for celtic matches regularly. I was often in the company of celtic officials and players.

These facts only endorsed our beliefs that we were celtic FC.” He added: “The effect of the abuse I suffered at celtic Boys’ Club has been overwhelming since I decided to come forward to the Daily Record. “I came forward after 50 years knowing I was strong enough to make known my abhorrent experiences. “I am more determined than ever, regardless, to see the fight for justice continue until those to blame are uncovered and apologies issued.” Gordon said he was “eventually thrown out of the club” and “discarded for asking for the abuse to end”.  He added: “celtic FC’s persistent denial has left victims feeling abused again and again and again, not just physically, but increasingly mentally.”

At the High Court in Glasgow in November 2018, boys’ club founder Torbett, 72, was jailed for six years after being convicted of sexually abusing three boys over eight years. In response, celtic FC referred us to their statement of February 26, which said it “is very sorry that these events took place”. It added: “With regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at celtic Boys’ Club, although celtic Football Club is a separate organisation, we take these extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations. "The club will stand by its responsibilities, respecting the due process of law.”

Archived