Mixing it up.

Prso's headband

It's amazing how good we actually look when we mix up our play. 

It might have been simple all a long but Garner as the outball and now the wingers running onto it works perfectly when we can't play with it from the back. It means teams go a lot deeper and when they do it allows us to play a bit, which then allows us to showcase how good we actually are when we get it down and start moving off the ball. 

It works so well and long may it continue, so much for no plan B. 

Got to mention Rob Kiernan and Danny Wilson who were extremely good today. Kiernan really coming into his own and is learning from the school of Clint Hill and its working really well. Won every header against their big striker. Danny Wilson always in the right place to pick up the loose balls as well. Really happy with it and I believe the manager has answered his critics really well. He's changed it up, acknowledged we can win with less than 65% of the ball and is playing to Garner's strengths and allowing less pressure on the defence when we clear our lines. 

Really hope we carry this momentum on until the tarrier game and who knows what could happen frim now till the end of season 

Win your fights and then you can play football but I'm also big enough to admit I might have been wrong about the manger as he is learning and adapting this is easy to say when the team wins but he was beaten by both hearts and Aberdeen then made adjustments and beat them both.

19 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Such a huge relief that Warburton swallowed his pride and made a hybrid tactic. It's working fantastically well. There's a long time to go but we could be onto a winner here.

Me too mate. I was fed up walking away moaning about the formation and not playing to Garner's strengths every week. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

It might have been simple all a long but Garner as the outball and now the wingers running onto it works perfectly when we can't play with it from the back. It means teams go a lot deeper and when they do it allows us to play a bit, which then allows us to showcase how good we actually are when we get it down and start moving off the ball. 

Got to mention Rob Kiernan and Danny Wilson who were extremely good today. Kiernan really coming into his own and is learning from the school of Clint Hill and its working really well. Won every header against their big striker. Danny Wilson always in the right place to pick up the loose balls as well. Really happy with it and I believe the manager has answered his critics really well. He's changed it up, acknowledged we can win with less than 65% of the ball and is playing to Garner's strengths and allowing less pressure on the defence when we clear our lines. 

Really hope we carry this momentum on until the tarrier game and who knows what could happen frim now till the end of season 

Well said. Delighted with today's performance and last weeks long may it continue threw the festive period 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

So much effort from everyone. Coming back to cover when they pressed, which was almost never, and supporting every forward move. Looked like a unit today. Brilliant.

1 minute ago, delamonty said:

For me, Garner is the difference here.  We now have an option to play a longer ball.  Warbs/SDOW must get the credit here to have recognised the right player to play that role. (tu) 

That's it. His headers etc bring a player into the game and we attack from a good position now rather than playing it out from the back and allowing the opposition to sit in. 

I don't think I've seen a player that can get so high and is  so good at knock ons with his head than garner he's phenomenal and I'm always confident he will win balls in the air that he should have no chance of winning, great player in that role. I want him to do well and he got a great round of applause on the way off

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Again today as last weekend, saw some beautiful spells of one touch passing play

1 hour ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I don't think I've seen a player that can get so high and is  so good at knock ons with his head than garner he's phenomenal and I'm always confident he will win balls in the air that he should have no chance of winning, great player in that role. I want him to do well and he got a great round of applause on the way off

He's not the tallest and the amount of headers he wins is unreal. I think he sets a great example to the others with the effort the guy puts it - it can only rub off on the others. 

I think Wes has been instructed to find him with kick outs/clearances etc at all times!! Wee Barry was screaming for the ball a few times in acres of space in the 2nd half but Wes only has eyes for JG!!

the good thing is if the opposition put 3 men on Garner and flood the midfield we will just play out from the back as they won't have enough players to press us!! So glad Warbs has finally tried something different and the past two performances and results have shown its essential we are able to mix it up as our predictability was really hurting.