Giving the ball away cheaply!

pcbear

Just how many times did we gift the tims a platform to build an attack by fucking up a basic pass? don't even start me on 2nd balls which we never seem to be in a position to win.

Not just yesterday its every single  game we are masters of our downfall by repeating the same errors.

11 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

That's what happens when you have 3rd/4th rate players,their just not good enough

Its bread and butter passes that any footballer at any level should be capable  of, some of our free kicks in attacking positions ended up in a breakaway for them due to a simple pass going astray, most have the concentration level of a five year old on Christmas morning as well, dreaming away when full focus is required for 90 minutes.

You are spot on about the player right enough as far as general quality goes, on their game they are fine but its one decent performance in five, the rest of the time they are empty jerseys.

Fucked up my hogmany as well, we had tickets to go to a doo last night, I went to my bed as I would not have been the life and soul.

The thing that gets me is when Wes gathers the ball and everyone can see the obvious quick throw but he holds the ball for 10 seconds before either punting it out the field for a Celtic throw or putting us under immediate pressure by throwing it to a defender that already has a man breathing down his neck. I'd see the point if it was working more often than not but it wasn't and it rarely does. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

The real issue I had yesterday is our defence not pushing up when wes was forced into a long ball from a free or goal kick. Celtic tactically got it spot on with that. 

I actually thought Kiernan, Wilson and hill all had good games...none of them have any pace and going man for man with them at the back was a risk, I lost count how many times Hill bet Dembele to the ball.  But I hear what your saying mate - I think it comes from a lack of trust of the midfield and forward line...Being honest the ball only stuck to Miller and mckay to give them a breather.  Defenders worst nightmare.

20 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I actually thought Kiernan, Wilson and hill all had good games...none of them have any pace and going man for man with them at the back was a risk, I lost count how many times Hill bet Dembele to the ball.  But I hear what your saying mate - I think it comes from a lack of trust of the midfield and forward line...Being honest the ball only stuck to Miller and mckay to give them a breather.  Defenders worst nightmare.

It's not their fault mate. It's the coaches 

We've been giving the ball away cheaply since August 2015.  The players just don't have what it takes to play a high pressing passing game.  The evidence is there week in and week out as a lot of our goals conceded are a direct result of mistakes on the ball.

the reality is we're a million miles from the smellies just now and aslong as they keep over spending and we keep under spending then the gap will only get wider.  My only hope is they spend spend and fail to qualify for the champions league cos there's no millionaires out there willing to put top money into Rangers.

I spend the majority of matches on the edge of my seat trying not to shit myself watching Danny Wilson, Rob Keirnan and the like trying to thread a needle with passes around our 18 yard box, the number of times we turn easy possession into a dangerous attack for our opponents has to be addressed! 

Now im not trying to suggest we could be as good as Liverpool or that we have player as good to execute what they do but watching them last night was a real eye opener. When in possession they always have numerous players around the ball within 5/10 yards to offer an easy pass to the person in possession, for us it's the opposite and we don't have enough options, not enough people wanting or showing for the ball and end up trying to force a 20 yard pass through 3/4 bodies. Also when they lose possession the get 8/9 men behind the ball very quickly and never looks like the opposition can counter attack easily, when we lose possession we always seem to have 3/4 unmarked opponents running at us. It's normally Rogic but yesterday it was Armstrong, the number of times he got possession 25/30 yards out in-between our defence and midfield with no one marking him was worrying, if we worked harder and quickly got back to two lines of 4 or a 4 and a 5 we would shut down the space in the 30/40 yards from our goal. 

Like I said, we don't have the same quality as Liverpool but it's all relative and we don't play against the same level of opponents as Liverpool do so I think it's quite feasible we could achieve the same results as Liverpool do against the teams in our league. 

What infuriated me more than anything yesterday was the formation. With the our so called 'wing-backs' playing so high up the pitch, the tarriers almost had free reign down each flank and punished us for it.

Sums up the managers tactical naivety and despite him stating we will learn from this etc, we won't learn fuck all.

Another thing which has been well covered on here is defending set pieces. How many goals is that now we've conceded from corners since the start of last season? Pisses me right off and is just one of many black marks against Warburton. The fact Dembele had the time to bring the ball down, control it and get a shot away is fucking criminal. It won't be the last time it'll happen either which makes it all the more frustrating.

I've long ran out of patience with the management team, they're totally out their depth and it's time for the both of them to go.

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

Just how many times did we gift the tims a platform to build an attack by fucking up a basic pass? don't even start me on 2nd balls which we never seem to be in a position to win.

Not just yesterday its every single  game we are masters of our downfall by repeating the same errors.

Said the same thing yesterday. Too many passes are short, under hit and predictable. It's a frustrating part of our game that should be a very basic part of our game. 

Poor passes cause injuries too. 

5 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Wilson was horrendous at their first goal,watch it again,he's marking dembele runs over to the ball(for some reason) runs back to him but it's too late.just a rotten defender,schoolboy error

It happens because, with a few exceptions, we have a team full of players who panic when they're in possession and see an opposition player running at them so they rush their passes.

No composure or ability give themselves that extra bit of space to pick a pass.

The defence are the worst for it which makes this playing it out from the back philosophy even more annoying. 

5 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

. The fact Dembele had the time to bring the ball down, control it and get a shot away is fucking criminal.

Certainly was, at a corner you usually get a split second to get a header or snapshot on target.