Kenny & Hill to get contract extensions

RFCRobertson

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

I tell you what if you pay me x amount of hundreds of thousands I will find you one.Doesnt have to cost millions as was proved with Boyd and Novo to score goals in this pish league. The manager has repeatedly said that we are not taking our chances,Kenny himself has said we are not taking our chances so something isn't working up front,surely you must agree.

Yes, I agree but I blame the intransigence of Warburton. Boyd was given the service to score poachers' goals as was McCoist. Novo was more like a better verion of Barrie. Boyd and Miller, McCoist and Hateley, Millar and Brand. Notice any pattern here? Jim Forrest was different but he had two wingers who could get their crosses past the first defender!

6 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

We don't create enough chances for a player like that in our side.

Its about opinions but I think we have created chances all season its just that our front line have not put them away.Saturday against the scum is yet another example of whats been going on all season.

7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Yes, I agree but I blame the intransigence of Warburton. Boyd was given the service to score poachers' goals as was McCoist. Novo was more like a better verion of Barrie. Boyd and Miller, McCoist and Hateley, Millar and Brand. Notice any pattern here? Jim Forrest was different but he had two wingers who could get their crosses past the first defender!

as I said in answer to jackrfc we have created chances all season we have not been putting those chances away and Saturday against the scum was yet another example of that.When those few chances come along they need to be put in the back of the net and our front line has not been doing it.The stats/facts don't lie we are not scoring enough goals because we are not putting the chances away.

Can't wait for this season to be over and yet this news does nothing but convince me next season will be more of the same.

Hill I can just about understand as he looks the part as a CH. Will he still have the legs come April / May next year though, probably not.

Miller is lost as a striker, his goal return is just so poor. 

It's about making right decisions, and if this is the best we can do with around £15k per week in salaries which would have been freed up in the summer, it's going to be dark days ahead.

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can't wait for this season to be over and yet this news does nothing but convince me next season will be more of the same.

Hill I can just about understand as he looks the part as a CH. Will he still have the legs come April / May next year though, probably not.

Miller is lost as a striker, his goal return is just so poor. 

It's about making right decisions, and if this is the best we can do with around £15k per week in salaries which would have been freed up in the summer, it's going to be dark days ahead.

If Miller was being played just as a striker I would agree with you but he is being played more like an old style inside forward in the WM formation. I still reckon he is worth another year. After that, I would like to see him replace Weir as Assistant Manager.

23 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

If Miller was being played just as a striker I would agree with you but he is being played more like an old style inside forward in the WM formation. I still reckon he is worth another year. After that, I would like to see him replace Weir as Assistant Manager.

He's a forward, his return is poor imo.

Doubt MW or DW will be here by the end of next season.

Not really read the thread, so not sure what everyone is saying about this, but I don't mind seeing these 2 again next season. I would probably have preferred Kenny in a coaching role next season, but he still has the perfect attitude for Rangers, however his contributions are dwindling.

Big Hill has been a rock for us and Davie Weir was still doing it week in week out at his age, so who's to say Clint Hill can't as well.

4 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Willie Henderson was a forward. He scored 36 goals in 478 appearances. Would you have got rid of him too?

You comparing KM with Willie Henderson?

If I said to you before the season started that come January Miller had played 20 games and 1300 minutes, and had a return of 5 goals, would you have said this was a good return?

Didn't think so but it's excuse season on here these days.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You comparing KM with Willie Henderson?

If I said to you before the season started that come January Miller had played 20 games and 1300 minutes, and had a return of 5 goals, would you have said this was a good return?

Didn't think so but it's excuse season on here these days.

I'm comparing a forward with a forward. If Miller was being played as an out and out striker getting the service he and Boyd used to get I would agree with you but he is not. You are the one who said, "He's a forward". You forgat that Warburton wants his front 3 to move around. In addition, due to the lack of quality, Miller is also covering midfield.

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I'm comparing a forward with a forward. If Miller was being played as an out and out striker getting the service he and Boyd used to get I would agree with you but he is not. You are the one who said, "He's a forward". You forgat that Warburton wants his front 3 to move around. In addition, due to the lack of quality, Miller is also covering midfield.

We'll not agree on this one that's for sure.

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

But what about ohallorans pace, is it not game changing from the start or even with 20 minutes to go !

image.gif

Aye but have we really seen enough of him to make the decision to punt/loan or keep him? Do we really play the type of football that his "style" suits? Sometimes I reckon it's not all about the players' abilities it's about the totally crap systems they are told to play.

8 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Aye but have we really seen enough of him to make the decision to punt/loan or keep him? Do we really play the type of football that his "style" suits? Sometimes I reckon it's not all about the players' abilities it's about the totally crap systems they are told to play.

At Chelsea, Conte is using a system that suits the players and then adapt later, that's what you call a smart Manager.

20 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

He wasn't even the tenth or the twentieth never mind the first.

I can't help thinking we will always be seen as bigots with our no catholics till Moh, its the same as most supporters will always view us as Racist as we have not signed a Chinese player.:boobs:

I think that for now we must forget all about age.

If they're good enough for us they get in the squad and if picked they get a game.

We all know we want young hungry talented players that we can have for a couple of years and then sell for millions but we don't have time to wait till they develop. We need first team players right now.. For us at this time, we are ripe for picking. If a club came In for any of our players and offered two million quid, we would sell. We may believe the player was worth more but we have to balance the books.. I think that any decent player we manage to develop will ultimately be sold for less than their true value.

Kenny and Clint are first team players right now and rather than just say I'm glad were keeping them for another year I think our position is such that we cannot afford to lose them.

1 hour ago, BlueAvenger said:

Sorry Bears not for me.

Miller has done his bit for us over the years and Hill has done ok this season.

We need better to challenge the scum next season.

I think it tells us we will not be Challenging next season either as although both have done well to a point they are still way short of the Quality needed.

Kenny was good enough when he was Younger Clint good enough at this particular juncture as the rest of the defence is mince.

17 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Who were our best two outfield players in our last game?

Mckay and Hill then Miller. Imo.

Miller had a great first 40 then contributed little other than a shocking miss. Still got pass marks overall, again imo.

And over the season only Hill as an out fielder has played consistently well and got pass marks for the season.

What's your point?

So we're offering guys of 37 and 39 (or he will be by early next season) new contracts whilst the mhanks bring in £30 million CL cash and look like getting £20 million for Dembele after 7 months?

Sorry, but it's hard not to feel dispirited right now. It's also hard to see how we won't be well in their wake for the next few years.