It hasn't worked and will not work!

1 hour ago, writingranger said:

I feel better now Thank you. But it was 4-0 at home:confused:

1 hour ago, writingranger said:

I feel better now Thank you. But it was 4-0 at home:confused:

Still not great!

I recall going away feeling we'd not had the rub of the green that night, but their last was that good that most of us who were left gave it a clap!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Still not great!

I recall going away feeling we'd not had the rub of the green that night, but their last was that good that most of us who were left gave it a clap!

That Juve team was exceptional. What I remember was just how much heart Richard Gough had. I think that's what's really missing in this team, a core of players that know how to play and will drive the team. We had it with butcher, with Gough, with Ferguson, with weir. We don't have it at the moment - a central organising character that makes the team tick. That should have been Barton but we mustn't stop looking.

Rant/FM analysis coming up ?

Haven't read the whole thread - mainly because the responses are depressing and pretty disrespectful to a guy who works on things, does his homework and has conviction in a style that clearly works in all the top leagues the world over. In Scotland, the smaller pitches, the mentality of players coming up against Rangers, and the impatience of fans makes it a lot harder for success with this style. But there's no doubt he's got the right idea, this is exactly what we needed and wanted after the abysmal Rangers teams under mccoist. 

Having said that, and I say this with a heavy heart as I'm watburtons biggest fan, we have a few deficiencies throughout the team, all of which aren't that bad if we tweaked the system slightly, but he doesn't seem to want to make a few minor alterations 

Our biggest Problem and should be number 1 priority - we get caught constantly on the break, our final ball isn't what it was last season and teams break regularly with very little pressure on the ball leaving our defence exposed and even if we had Maldini in his prime, with the clone of David weir, Carlos Cuellar and madjid next to him they'd still struggle to keep teams out - it's the nature of playing a high line. when we push up we're exposed with big spaces in behind and in front, which gives our defence a bad name imo, Kiernan, Hill, Wilson, Wallace, Tav and Hodson are more than capable players - I've seen it first hand how good they can be, but we do them no favours by having a midfield that's incapable of pressing the ball and their back line/midfield 

We never initiate a press, we allow teams far too much space to run at us, even when we aren't attacking and getting broken on, teams have too much space, and as soon as we over commit, it's panic stations, Halliday trying to get close to a player, Holt sprinting back to no avail, with Kiernan and Wilson left one on one with a opposition player time and space to pick a pass it's a losing battle for the back line 

our front three, don't know how to press, our midfield can't mark and deny space. That's our biggest issue imo - if we win the ball high - the final balls easier and we're in on goal, we can't break down a wall of 10 players - we aren't Barca. We move the ball well and players are capable of a final pass, we just don't have the space to hit it. 

A tweak to our pressing game, never allow the man space and time to pick a pass and the games a fuck load easier, we make it harder for ourselves and I'd like to see 

McKay dodoo/miller MoH

Toral Forrester Hyndman