It hasn't worked and will not work!

Warburton has been proven wrong, his philosophy although commendable is not working. It has been clear it wouldn't work for some time now but now we're seeing it in technicolour.

If Warburton had been smarter, he would have created a team built on their strengths to start competing with Celtic and in Europe - he has not done this. Instead he has forced players into doing certain things they are not comfortable with - the players do not have the required attributes to do what he wants them to do.

THIS IS POOR MANAGEMENT.

If Warburton had been smarter, he would have implemented his commendable philosophy at youth level and allowed it to grow - because whether he likes it or not his dream takes far longer time than he will be given here now.

We are now stuck in limbo with a team unable to compete at the highest level in Scottish football and with people not believing his philosophy is not the way forward.

He has been too ambitious and it is going to make his stay at Rangers a failure. The well known analogy of turning a ship around springs to mind, that is the way of things sadly. We had been doing so many things wrong, we needed to change a lot - but changing things straight away has made matters worse - we have lost our identity. We have lost what has made our club great.

The soul has been ripped from our club, and the persons to blame are in control of our club right now. 

I'm sorry, and yes I know we've just played a good side in a friendly match, but this has been burning for a while now and I refuse to delude myself any longer.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Warburton has been proven wrong, his philosophy although commendable is not working. It has been clear it wouldn't work for some time now but now we're seeing it in technicolour.

If Warburton had been smarter, he would have created a team built on their strengths to start competing with Celtic and in Europe - he has not done this. Instead he has forced players into doing certain things they are not comfortable with - the players do not have the required attributes to do what he wants them to do.

THIS IS POOR MANAGEMENT.

If Warburton had been smarter, he would have implemented his commendable philosophy at youth level and allowed it to grow - because whether he likes it or not his dream takes far longer time than he will be given here now.

We are now stuck in limbo with a team unable to compete at the highest level in Scottish football and with people not believing his philosophy is not the way forward.

He has been too ambitious and it is going to make his stay at Rangers a failure. The well known analogy of turning a ship around springs to mind, that is the way of things sadly. We had been doing so many things wrong, we needed to change a lot - but changing things straight away has made matters worse - we have lost our identity. We have lost what has made our club great.

The soul has been ripped from our club, and the persons to blame are in control of our club right now. 

I'm sorry, and yes I know we've just played a good side in a friendly match, but this has been burning for a while now and I refuse to delude myself any longer.

He has implemented the philosophy at youth level. 

He's an adept coach. Alas, we need better than that.

His biggest fault imo is his mentality, in that he doesn't have a winning one. We've got a manager that would find it acceptable to finish on 4/5th in the English championship as it would place his team in the playoffs which could get them promotion and that is fine but doesn't work at a club such as ours.

The players are the same too and it's a reflection of our recruitment strategy, which has been just awful despite having the transfer messiah in Frank McParland.

TBH as unpalatable as it may be to some MW is just a terrible manager full stop.

He might do well at lower league clubs with lesser expections but this season in the Premier he has been shown up big time.

The only reason we are in second right now is he's had more money to spend than every team under him and the other teams are just as pish.

Excluding the two guys we signed this window he's brought in 14 new players over the last 12 months and somehow actually made the team worse in that period.

We will never really know as we don't know who what his first picks could be, he doesn't seem to see the mistakes in the team which is a problem.

Rangers is a hard job to learn to be a manager. This board have not really backed him.

There's a few factors i feel.

8 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

THIS IS POOR MANAGEMENT.

Warburton is a legend in his own mind. Never a manager and now well found wanting. We are going nowhere with him, but neither will we go anywhere with another manager whilst king is here, so we all better get used to the same menu of dross week in week out.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We will never really know as we don't know who what his first picks could be, he doesn't seem to see the mistakes in the team which is a problem.

Rangers is a hard job to learn to be a manager. This board have not really backed him.

Bottom line, he is a fucking clueless cantanqerous tosser 

Read the match report on club website and guess what says players will learn from playing against a class team. The amount of learning they're doing they'll soon be profesers. Unfortunately it's players we need. Something needs change at the top we can't keep learning and not put it into practice. 

The main thing I have taken from this season so far is that Warburton simply doesn't have the experience needed to take us to where we want to be.

If we want to compete for titles with celtic on a fraction of their budget we need a wily, experienced manager not a rookie, Pep Guardiola fanboy.

11 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

He has implemented the philosophy at youth level. 

ONLY if youth level, my point is it takes a long time to correct past mistakes, by him implementing so much change all at once he has fucked us up completely. He could have made us a successful first team, while showing his great strides in youth development and scouting etc.

I like the guy and I like his ideas on how a team should play, but the bottom line is he's completely out of his depth. This season and to be honest the last few months of last season has seen us regress as a team at an alarming rate, and the fact it has done this as he's rebuilding the side with players of his choosing is what will be his ultimate undoing. 

As much as I would like it to work out for Warburton I just can't see him turning it around now 

A- You can't be smart by building a team having had £2.3 mill to spend in two years. 

B- He has implemented his philosophy at youth level. Should probably do just a little research before talking fucking nonsense. 

C- Too ambitious? In what sense exactly? So now we have a manager who is too ambitious:headwall:

I agree with the second last part. 

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Agreed

17 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

THIS IS POOR MANAGEMENT.

Jesus wept.  Utterly over dramatic pish. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

A- You can't be smart by building a team having had £2.3 mill to spend in two years. 

B- He has implemented his philosophy at youth level. Should probably do just a little research before talking fucking nonsense. 

C- Too ambitious? In what sense exactly? So now we have a manager who is too ambitious:headwall:

Surely he means too ambitious in the sense of how he wants us to play football.

It's all fine and well talking about how great Barcelona are and  possession and pitch geography but at the end of the day we have players like Rob Kiernan, Andy Halliday & Jason Holt.

All coaches should strive to improve the players they have but a truly good - or more experience  - manager would see these players limitations and work within them to create as strong a team as he possibly can rather than constantly attempt to play them in a system or a style that they aren't  comfortable or capable of.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

A - I agree he has been underfunded, but I also refuse to believe he has used the players at his disposal wisely. We were shit at the back what does he do? Expose the backline more than any team in Scotland. Even that simple example speaks volumes.

B - try to understand without jumping to conclusions and talking shite yourself, at youth level and not throughout the whole team.

I thought it was blatantly obvious what I was getting at.

Too ambitious - changing too much all at the same time and fucking things up completely.

I dont envy his job one little bit. He has had to build the clubs footballing infrastructure from the ground up - including youth, development, scouting - everything. On top of that he has to get a team on the park thats winning.He looks like he is starting to struggle - and the transfer window in summer was a disaster for him.

I'm still on the fence with him. Its all very well having a 3 year plan but we cant lose 3 games in the trot because its a disaster. However, he needs to be lucky in the next 2 transfer windows and - yet again - the defence is a crucial to this. If he doesnt tackle the way we defend and the personnel he has in their - not just Kiernan and Tav - but all of them (including Wallace who i dont really rate) then he will be sacked and deservedly so, because you dont win things with a defence - and a team that defends -  like that.

It's pretty heart breaking that we find ourselves 5 years, not a couple of months, 5 years, into a supposed journey back to the top of Scottish football and have probably never been further away from it and in desperate need to rebuild an entire squad again. Tens upon tens of millions later, seasons later, squads and teams later, we are still nowhere near the required level for this football club. Nowhere near it. Even 2 years, if we write off the first 3 due to obvious handicaps, which this board have had(2 years now) and 18 months that this manager has had is more than long enough to see something but today, not just with that shambles in Germany against a very good team, today in time terms, find ourselves right back at square one. The Warburton experiment has not worked. Only a fool would argue otherwise. It's my opinion that appointing a man with less than 80 competitive matches under his belt as a manager and whom has never worked in an environment even close to what we have at Rangers was a disaster waiting to happen. It was simply never going to work. The bottom line is if Davie Weir wasn't his assistant this Warburton chap would be nowhere near Ibrox. I am not even sure if DW wasn't his assistant this board would even know who he is. In reality he is a footballing nobody and that is what our team is too, it mirrors the manager perfectly. An absolute shambles. Back to front. Clueless. Inept. Mediocre. Everything our manager is.

The question now is, how much longer are Rangers fans going to keep putting up with it? 

36 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

THIS IS POOR MANAGEMENT.

It's not the philosophy that is wrong.  It's the players.  They think they are fucking outstanding when nothing could be further from the truth. Fucking rotten. But to change the way he plays. What to hoof and run stuff.  Na . 

41 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

THIS IS POOR MANAGEMENT.

Go have a lie down son. 

If we were in La LiGA, LiGA Nos, this would be the right approach. You get tons of time on the ball and flair players get a chance to shine.

This is British football, kick and rush and 100% aggression and Pace.

Our midfield is over run as it's too small and lightweight. We can afford big aggressive  players but have opted for technical shiftless shitebags.

Warburtons downfall is his inability to exploit other teams weaknesses.

This isn't football manager where you pick a formation and just keep clicking through game after game without adapting to the opposition.

Then there is the arrogance of Plan A and we only think of ourselves, let others worry about us. Well no-one is worried and every team in the league fancy their chances. They all have thier tactics ready weeks in advance. Sit in, press and tackle hard, foul then counter attack.

We can't rebuild the squad every year and expect to compete. Are we the fans demanding too much?  Other teams we play have settled,  experienced teams. 

We need to know if there is money to take us forward. Or a new manager that's knows the Scottish game and can grin us out some wins.

Do we want pretty or effective? 

Man City have the same situation- albeit a different standard - with pep. 

Managers tied to philosophies become stubborn and predictable. It may have worked at Brentford, but it doesn't work here. MW has to adapt fast and play to the clubs strengths. It's like putting square blocks in round holes. 

Teams will sit in, let us spray the ball around the middle of the park - great possession stats but we don't challenge the opposition keeper enough in most cases. 

In fairness against the Mhanky mob we were more direct in the first half and were having success with it. He has the rest of the season to prove he can adapt