It hasn't worked and will not work!

2 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

If we were in La LiGA, LiGA Nos, this would be the right approach. You get tons of time on the ball and flair players get a chance to shine.

This is British football, kick and rush and 100% aggression and Pace.

Our midfield is over run as it's too small and lightweight. We can afford big aggressive  players but have opted for technical shiftless shitebags.

Warburtons downfall is his inability to exploit other teams weaknesses.

This isn't football manager where you pick a formation and just keep clicking through game after game without adapting to the opposition.

Then there is the arrogance of Plan A and we only think of ourselves, let others worry about us. Well no-one is worried and every team in the league fancy their chances. They all have thier tactics ready weeks in advance. Sit in, press and tackle hard, foul then counter attack.

We can't rebuild the squad every year and expect to compete. Are we the fans demanding too much?  Other teams we play have settled,  experienced teams. 

We need to know if there is money to take us forward. Or a new manager that's knows the Scottish game and can grin us out some wins.

Do we want pretty or effective? 

Correct. Pep is learning the very same lesson down south.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've just been beaten 4-0 by a side pushing Bayern Munich hard in the Bundesliga. Can't say we've learned anything knew. Warburton doesn't have a team of world class players, dare I say some of them aren't even talented players. What we really need is investment in the playing squad - that is the stark reality. If we'd spent £15-£20m on the side with Warburton in charge, would things be different? Arguably so, because hypothetically we would have better players, both physically and mentally. From here on out, having Warburton in charge seems to me like a gamble, and without substantial investment to really give him the resources and he squad he requires its a gamble not worth taking. 

It's a sad day when a great club settles for mediocrity, we are mediocre, our players, manager and chairman.

We can argue how good RB are but we showed nothing against them, I saw nothing that made me think the present squad has any promise.

Our next task is Motherwell any signs of failure and the fans will implode.

33 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The main thing I have taken from this season so far is that Warburton simply doesn't have the experience needed to take us to where we want to be.

If we want to compete for titles with celtic on a fraction of their budget we need a wily, experienced manager not a rookie, Pep Guardiola fanboy.

His team got pumped 4-0 today aswell.

7 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

It's not the philosophy that is wrong.  It's the players.  They think they are fucking outstanding when nothing could be further from the truth. Fucking rotten. But to change the way he plays. What to hoof and run stuff.  Na . 

I would say his philosophy is wrong when he'll implement it no matter what, like if I say - I will not harm another. 

Ok, fine philosophy, but if someone is attacking a child and I have to harm that person to save it then the original philosophy is incomplete and can be seen as wrong.

Warburton's philosophy may be right in the romantic sense of it, but in the real world it has been proven wrong. It takes time for him to do what he wants to do, it's almost as if he couldn't wait and is now getting shit results and performances for it.

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The main thing I have taken from this season so far is that Warburton simply doesn't have the experience needed to take us to where we want to be.

If we want to compete for titles with celtic on a fraction of their budget we need a wily, experienced manager not a rookie, Pep Guardiola fanboy.

Aye - and Pep's lot got tanned by a similar score today!

Not a model I want us copying!

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Said it before back the man or sack him. I believe Warburton will get us to 55 if he's backed in the transfer market.

I believe he will put us n admnistration if we ever gave him money to speculate.

He will neither be backed nor sacked. He is a true kingsman. Sounds like a broken record and spends fuck all of his own money.

Warburtons way of playing football is fast paced keeping the ball moving forward at pace and score more than the other team. 

Who many times have we played fast paced football moving the ball forward quickly in the last 12 months? Can't think of many at all  

So he seems to have lost his way badly and for me his tIme is coming to an end, I honestly don't think he's manager material and should be in charge of the youth set up at Auchenhowie only. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I believe he will put us n admnistration if we ever gave him money to speculate.

He will neither be backed nor sacked. He is a true kingsman. Sounds like a broken record and spends fuck all of his own money.

put us in administration hahahaha surely if that's what you believe you can't have a go and king for not investing?

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Warburtons way of playing football is fast paced keeping the ball moving forward at pace and score more than the other team. 

Who many times have we played fast paced football moving the ball forward quickly in the last 12 months? Can't think of many at all  

So he seems to have lost his way badly and for me his tIme is coming to an end, I honestly don't think he's manager material and should be in charge of the youth set up at Auchenhowie only. 

We don't have the players to play like Leipzig did today. We need to get to that level asap.

The only true way I feel to judge a manager IMO

*Is he getting the best out if the players at his disposal,  does he make them better than they really are using tactics and formations? 

Doesn't take a lot,   does the opposition have a week left back,  put on Mckay or Ohalloran to roast them all game battle one won. 

Do they have a strong midfield,  OK make sure we have an extra man to counter that.

Do they cross to a target man, play out more defensive full backs.

I can't even manage my dinner but feel we can't always just say fucking 4-3-3 score more than them.

Miller as inside forward is illogical. asking Haliday to play CDM when he doesn't have the attributes is illogical.

Having 5 Strikers in the squad for one place is illogical.

Get Warburton fifa 17 show him the chemistry when the wrong players are in the wring positions it all goes to shit 

So we can't compete in the Scottish Premiership even though we are currently sitting second :sarcasm:

Do people really believe we are worse now than before Warburton took over?

I know that a lot of fans are a bit flip flop in their opinions but we seem to be taking it to extremes. We've had the "we want to be entertained not just win matches" attitude change to all that matters is the win. There was a poll on here at the end of last season on where we thought we would finish in the league, pretty sure second place came out on top and most people seemed happy with that. Now it is unacceptable.

We are not going to attract any great manager at the moment and the same goes for players. With European football next year we should be able to attract a better calibre of player and the increased revenue will only help. Barton aside (who I think was a mistake) we have had some bad luck with three of our new midfielders being injured. Nico was just coming into his game when we lost him and I do believe that when Rossiter gets fully fit and has a few games under his belt we will have a cracking player.

Warburton is learning his trade too. We might not like that but I think we are better off with a upcoming manager than an established mediocre one. He will make mistakes and at times is slow to learn but I believe he will get there.

Priority for me is European football and get the defence sorted. I believe we will achieve the former and we have the rest of this window and next seasons to get it right. Can't see us buying anybody this window so maybe a loan to bolster up the back four tobolster us for the rest of this season.

I'll leave you now to your knee jerking :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Who MW or Mini?   I thought Mini had 'a number of potential investors' lined up?  You cannot make a F1 car using parts from a Lada.

20 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Man City have the same situation- albeit a different standard - with pep. 

Managers tied to philosophies become stubborn and predictable. It may have worked at Brentford, but it doesn't work here. MW has to adapt fast and play to the clubs strengths. It's like putting square blocks in round holes. 

Teams will sit in, let us spray the ball around the middle of the park - great possession stats but we don't challenge the opposition keeper enough in most cases. 

In fairness against the Mhanky mob we were more direct in the first half and were having success with it. He has the rest of the season to prove he can adapt

100% right if you watched man city today they were clueless  same as us trying to play tippy tappy football in a league that is fast and aggressive wont work i keep coming back to inverness caley a couple of years ago they were 3rd in the league and won the cup  they were a big strong physical team with no real stars sometimes you have to adapt to the league you are in............................................................................................................................................mo

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I honestly don't think we will ever get back to that level and it's heart breaking to say that. 

Not playing in the SPL we wont :justno:

The glory days are behind us I'm afraid and unless the whole set up of football changes we will not be able to compete with even Championship teams when it comes to buying and paying players.

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

100% right if you watched man city today they were clueless  same as us trying to play tippy tappy football in a league that is fast and aggressive wont work i keep coming back to inverness caley a couple of years ago they were 3rd in the league and won the cup  they were a big strong physical team with no real stars sometimes you have to adapt to the league you are in............................................................................................................................................mo

Great point re Inverness,and that's the crux of the matter,we play in Scotland,tippy tappy shite doesn't work here

People with this opinion are knee jerking :lol: The fact is we have been suffering for months now. The last light I saw from Warburton was when we beat Celtic in the Scottish cup - this opinion has been long since coming and I have not made it clear until now.

Why do folk want to belittle someonelses argument by saying it's a knee jerk or whatever? it might be painful to you hearing some fans have different opinions than yourselves and it might be even more painful to learn the likes of knee jerking isn't the cause for it - but that's just the way it is. 

I know it will be hard but, accept it darlings xxx

Just now, Darth Bear said:

Not playing in the SPL we wont :justno:

The glory days are behind us I'm afraid and unless the whole set up of football changes we will not be able to compete with even Championship teams when it comes to buying and paying players.

Can't give you a like mate because it's so depressing, but your spot on. 

Its a sad day when the best we can hope for is maybe winning this pish league then maybe getting to the CL groups just to be humped home and away with the occasional glory night once in a blue moon.