It hasn't worked and will not work!

Let's say Rangers play a team and get pumped 5-0 in the first half.  You would expect changes to be made at half time since what we were doing obvious wasn't working.  Under Warburton we would go out and play the second half in the exact same way we did the first.  There's a real inability to change or try something new.  He seems like a smart guy but I think he's stubborn and that's going to get the better of him in the end.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Let's say Rangers play a team and get pumped 5-0 in the first half.  You would expect changes to be made at half time since what we were doing obvious wasn't working.  Under Warburton we would go out and play the second half in the exact same way we did the first.  There's a real inability to change or try something new.  He seems like a smart guy but I think he's stubborn and that's going to get the better of him in the end.

I think he is as thick as two short ones. He has latched onto something and winging it, hence why he can't adapt nor assymilate to the tactics of the opposition to change a game.

His pressers are repetative nonsense and bear little semblance to the game. Again, because he cannot articulate the the different aspects of a game, being limited in his knowledge and blinded by his self belief. That's not a trait of an intelligent person. He sounds like a nice guy but that's it.

My main gripe with this guy is his attitude to defeat to him its like water off a ducks back its totally acceptable what kind of message does that send out to his players i know weve had Walter Smith but now weve got fukin Walter Mitty

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's 1st season back in the top flight and running in second shows we can do all of that - not yet at the level we all want but no where near as bad as the hysterical amongst us would have us believe. 

Running in second?

Aberdeen win their game in hand and they're in second.

Tit.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Warburton has actually admitted himself he can't change things during games because he doesn't know what to do or how to change them. There is an actual quote and interview kicking around of that where he admits this. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

And next season when it's the same shite? What will be the excuse when the phoney "it's our first season back" pish has left the building ?

... I see you've chucking in the towel already for  next season - we will improve - it's called development - your part of the group that just expects success 'just because' and think these things are instant and easy 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... I see you've chucking in the towel already for  next season - we will improve - it's called development - your part of the group that just expects success 'just because' and think these things are instant and easy 

What are we improving?

What are we developing?

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Running in second?

Aberdeen win their game in hand and they're in second.

Tit.

Aberdeen lose their game in hand we remain second - we beat them we remain second - I may be a tit but to me that at least can be a arrratcive thing whereas your surrender monkey attitude is always ugly 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

What are we improving?

What are we developing?

Are you telling me second in the top league is not an improvement on not gaining promotion - do you not think our form is better than the start of the season? Both these are improvements! You just want instant success but it has to be earned 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Aberdeen lose their game in hand we remain second - we beat them we remain second - I may be a tit but to me that at least can be a arrratcive thing whereas your surrender monkey attitude is always ugly 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Are you telling me second in the top league is not an improvement on not gaining promotion - do you not think our form is better than the start of the season? Both these are improvements! You just want instant success but it has to be earned 

We're miles behind the only place that matters.

2 points in front of Aberdeen who have a game in hand.

We won 4 games in a row,hip hip hooray.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We're miles behind the only place that matters.

2 points in front of Aberdeen who have a game in hand.

We won 4 games in a row,hip hip hooray.

You said there has benn no improvement - there has been but you'd rather moan 

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You said there has benn no improvement - there has been but you'd rather moan 

Because we are nearly 20 points behind the tims

Because the tims have battered us 3 times this season. Dropping points to the likes of Kilmarnock, St Johnston and Hamilton.

Because we as a team have not progressed on the park in terms of style of play, consistency or hunger since the semi final last season.

Because our summer signings have been woeful from Barton being sacked, Niko injured for the season to the Rossiter being AWOL and our manager giving us stupid wee riddles as to when he could be back.

Oh and the huge stinking pile of shite that King came out with pre season in terms of our ambition, investment and expectation just to be sitting here with a terrible squad, inept manager and no short or long term fix ahead.

Maybe that's why....

3 hours ago, writingranger said:

we lost 10-1 on aggregate to Juventus when we were going for 9inarow & untouchable. Losing heavily in Europe is nowt new I don't want to go back to Walter football. We need better players and time to gel.

It was 8-1.

15 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I know mate. I did say that in the above post. 

Allys tenure was a waste of time. The club were never going to do anything given the circumstances surrounding it at the time. The last 2 years since King and co have took over however are completely different. Warburton has had 3 exciting months, the honeymoon period, as Rangers manager and 15 mediocre, almost embarrassing ones. He's managed Rangers in almost 80 matches and we could count on one hand the number of good results and performances he has had, the bad days at the office and bad results far outweigh the good ones. For the last 14 months now we have got gradually more boring, more predictable and worse. Nothing about this team works. Nothing. He's now stuck 3 centre backs in the team which takes away another attacking option. Has it shored up the defence? No. Has it helped the team? No. Our 2 best players arguably are both our goalkeepers. Outfield we have one passenger after another. One mediocre dud after another. From right back to left wing, every position is filled with players who are not good enough for Rangers Football Club. Regardless of budgets or excuses about scouting etc. recruitment has been appalling. Signing players we don't need, too many players for here and not enough for there, desperate panic signings, signing players to sit on the bench when it was first team players we needed. It's been a disaster. 

In 18 months Mark Warburton as managed to sign over 20 players yet put us back to exactly the same position Ally McCoist had us in when he left, needing a whole new team. 

We don't have money in the bank, we are not a cash rich club yet when you add up all the money he has spent and wasted, it is criminal gross mismanagement. Surely sackable in any other industry. 

He actually looked like he was on the brink of getting something right at the start of December against Aberdeen , hearts and Hamilton and then he just resorted back to a style of play that was dropping us points all over the place beforehand 

18 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

He actually looked like he was on the brink of getting something right at the start of December against Aberdeen , hearts and Hamilton and then he just resorted back to a style of play that was dropping us points all over the place beforehand 

The Hamilton game was atrocious and there were circumstances surrounding both Hearts and Aberdeen at home. Hearts with new clueless manager of their own and Aberdeen who just simply lose every time they are at ibrox. Neither result fooled me. The season has been a disaster and today we find we are linked with some Ecuadorian defender who can't even make Watford's 25 man squad. Paredes. That will be 3 right backs, none of whom are good enough. It's not going to improve. Nothing is changing and no one is developing or improving. It feels like the whole club top to bottom is in a mediocre trance and needs given a shake top to bottom. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Honestly dont think we are one bit better than this time last year.

9 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

The Hamilton game was atrocious and there were circumstances surrounding both Hearts and Aberdeen at home. Hearts with new clueless manager of their own and Aberdeen who just simply lose every time they are at ibrox. Neither result fooled me. The season has been a disaster and today we find we are linked with some Ecuadorian defender who can't even make Watford's 25 man squad. Paredes. That will be 3 right backs, none of whom are good enough. It's not going to improve. Nothing is changing and no one is developing or improving. It feels like the whole club top to bottom is in a mediocre trance and needs given a shake top to bottom. 

It didn't fool me either but he changed our style of play and it worked , pains me to say it but the way things were going I would not have been surprised if Aberdeen had broken their poor ibrox record that day , thankfully it was not the case . The point I am making is in those three games we played probably our best three performances of the season in a row , Hamilton I would not say we were atrocious until the last 15 minutes where Halliday Fannie's about and costs us a goal and then it was panic stations . Up until then we were cruising the game and again if more clinical would have finished the game . Why he reverted back to the same style of play after that which was clearly not working is a mystery . It was the on,y sign of some form of play working for us this season 

18 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

A - I agree he has been underfunded, but I also refuse to believe he has used the players at his disposal wisely. We were shit at the back what does he do? Expose the backline more than any team in Scotland. Even that simple example speaks volumes.

B - try to understand without jumping to conclusions and talking shite yourself, at youth level and not throughout the whole team.

I thought it was blatantly obvious what I was getting at.

Too ambitious - changing too much all at the same time and fucking things up completely.

Understand where your coming from but would that work?  Let's say we had it at youth level but not senior, then 2 or 3 of the youths got promoted to the senior team and showed some real class, which system do we play? The one the senior team is currently playing or the one that the 3 youth players are now used to?  

It's something that will 100% take time to implement and I agree that we should have been perhaps scouting players for the first team who are used to playing this kind of system but I still think it will come good and may be exactly why Warburton has always spoke about a 3 year plan. This years one was just to finish 2nd with the view of qualifying for European football and attracting players of a bit more higher quality.

19 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It didn't fool me either but he changed our style of play and it worked , pains me to say it but the way things were going I would not have been surprised if Aberdeen had broken their poor ibrox record that day , thankfully it was not the case . The point I am making is in those three games we played probably our best three performances of the season in a row , Hamilton I would not say we were atrocious until the last 15 minutes where Halliday Fannie's about and costs us a goal and then it was panic stations . Up until then we were cruising the game and again if more clinical would have finished the game . Why he reverted back to the same style of play after that which was clearly not working is a mystery . It was the on,y sign of some form of play working for us this season 

I wanted to walk out the pub at half time watching the Hamilton game.  Only thing kept me there was knowing it was my team on telly. It was dreadful. 

I didn't think we played well against Aberdeen either. I honestly don't. They were appalling. 

The Hearts hame was best performance if those 3 and that was because Hearts were a mess. Much like we make other teams look better than they are when we don't turn up,  they done that to us. Hearts never trapped that day and it made us look better than we really are. 

Nothing is changing under him and nothing will. He will simply never be good enough to satisfy this clubs ambitions.  He's a youth coach at best if that. Definitely not a manager. 

We've been getting gradually worse since the celtic game last April and I think the reason for it is we have too many players with a small club mentality who have been coasting on that result .

That result would be enough to write your name into folklore if you are playing for some lower league English team and I think a lot of our players think that result means they have made it because the vast majority of them have been coasting ever since.

21 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I wanted to walk out the pub at half time watching the Hamilton game.  Only thing kept me there was knowing it was my team on telly. It was dreadful. 

I didn't think we played well against Aberdeen either. I honestly don't. They were appalling. 

The Hearts hame was best performance if those 3 and that was because Hearts were a mess. Much like we make other teams look better than they are when we don't turn up,  they done that to us. Hearts never trapped that day and it made us look better than we really are. 

Nothing is changing under him and nothing will. He will simply never be good enough to satisfy this clubs ambitions.  He's a youth coach at best if that. Definitely not a manager. 

I completely agree with your last point by the way , I am not sticking up for warburton by the way as I don't believe he is the answer either and my main point is why he changed what seems to be our best winning set up so far this season to resort back to the style of play which has us dropping points all over the place