It hasn't worked and will not work!

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can't give you a like mate because it's so depressing, but your spot on. 

Its a sad day when the best we can hope for is maybe winning this pish league then maybe getting to the CL groups just to be humped home and away with the occasional glory night once in a blue moon. 

Only queers and RFCRobertson give a fuck about likes :thuglife:

It is unfortunately the way of things nowadays. The likes of Burton Albion can outspend us and until we get back into Europe there is no allure for players to come here unfortunately.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

TBH as unpalatable as it may be to some MW is just a terrible manager full stop.

He might do well at lower league clubs with lesser expections but this season in the Premier he has been shown up big time.

The only reason we are in second right now is he's had more money to spend than every team under him and the other teams are just as pish.

Excluding the two guys we signed this window he's brought in 14 new players over the last 12 months and somehow actually made the team worse in that period.

No one can argue with a single word of this . He has to go and very very soon

1 hour ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I like the guy and I like his ideas on how a team should play, but the bottom line is he's completely out of his depth. This season and to be honest the last few months of last season has seen us regress as a team at an alarming rate, and the fact it has done this as he's rebuilding the side with players of his choosing is what will be his ultimate undoing. 

As much as I would like it to work out for Warburton I just can't see him turning it around now 

This is the way am starting to feel.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

The main thing I have taken from this season so far is that Warburton simply doesn't have the experience needed to take us to where we want to be.

If we want to compete for titles with celtic on a fraction of their budget we need a wily, experienced manager not a rookie, Pep Guardiola fanboy.

The main thing I've learned .MW is  here for the long haul .Not because he is good .Not because he has a clue .

Because he is the perfect cover for King and his long term plan of mediocrity .As long as Himself and Murray are in their old seats carefully approved upon by the Sfa /Sfpl.

Nothing is going to change any time soon .

I fully expect to have lost 6 OF games by the end of this season . If not 6  it will be 5 and a  big Scottish cup tie loss I'm not comfortable saying that but I would bet on it ,if it weren't my beloved club .

He is a midden of a Manager tactically .I don't care how many excuses are put up for him

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

TBH as unpalatable as it may be to some MW is just a terrible manager full stop.

He might do well at lower league clubs with lesser expections but this season in the Premier he has been shown up big time.

The only reason we are in second right now is he's had more money to spend than every team under him and the other teams are just as pish.

Excluding the two guys we signed this window he's brought in 14 new players over the last 12 months and somehow actually made the team worse in that period.

:thumbup: Cannot argue with a word of that. 

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The main thing I've learned .MW is  here for the long haul .Not because he is good .Not because he has a clue .

Because he is the perfect cover for King and his long term plan of mediocrity .As long as Himself and Murray are in their old seats carefully approved upon by the Sfa /Sfpl.

Nothing is going to change any time soon . 

I fully expect to have lost 6 OF games by the end of this season . If not 6  it will be 5 and a  big Scottish cup tie loss I'm not comfortable saying that but I would bet on it ,if it weren't my beloved club .

He is a midden of a Manager tactically .I don't care how many excuses are put up for him

Sadly I agree with you eejay, and Warburton is a class act the way he handles himself around the club. He's the perfect Rangers manager in some ways, but in the ways that are essential? :no:

Nothing has changed on my feeling on MW where I feel he is clueless when it comes to tactics albeit the Germans are certainly up a level and we did compete at some points with the decision making of individuals coming into question (again).

It could be argued that better quality means better decisions which turn passages of play or chances into goals. Goal change games we all know that.

I hope MW wins us the SC but my pessimism only sees a capitulation and this will open the eyes of other fans. 

Lastly playing this calibre of opposition can be a good thing but that's not a break for the players. I just hope there does become a red bull investment otherwise who the fuck is picking these matches.

Yes it's great for the fans but thats all it is. 

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's pretty heart breaking that we find ourselves 5 years, not a couple of months, 5 years, into a supposed journey back to the top of Scottish football and have probably never been further away from it and in desperate need to rebuild an entire squad again. Tens upon tens of millions later, seasons later, squads and teams later, we are still nowhere near the required level for this football club. Nowhere near it. Even 2 years, if we write off the first 3 due to obvious handicaps, which this board have had(2 years now) and 18 months that this manager has had is more than long enough to see something but today, not just with that shambles in Germany against a very good team, today in time terms, find ourselves right back at square one. The Warburton experiment has not worked. Only a fool would argue otherwise. It's my opinion that appointing a man with less than 80 competitive matches under his belt as a manager and whom has never worked in an environment even close to what we have at Rangers was a disaster waiting to happen. It was simply never going to work. The bottom line is if Davie Weir wasn't his assistant this Warburton chap would be nowhere near Ibrox. I am not even sure if DW wasn't his assistant this board would even know who he is. In reality he is a footballing nobody and that is what our team is too, it mirrors the manager perfectly. An absolute shambles. Back to front. Clueless. Inept. Mediocre. Everything our manager is.

The question now is, how much longer are Rangers fans going to keep putting up with it? 

You cant blame 5 years worth of mismanagement  on MW. He has been in charge 18 months.

Ally had, what 4 years? to run us into the ground and succeeded admirably in that task.

it not todays result that pisses me off. it's the performance or lack off that's frustrating. Leipzig are a quality team but we make things so easy for them with our inability too pass the ball YET AGAIN! Same thing happened on new years eve and against every other team we have played this season. MW we are not LEARNING !!

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

You cant blame 5 years worth of mismanagement  on MW. He has been in charge 18 months.

Ally had, what 4 years? to run us into the ground and succeeded admirably in that task.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's..........Even 2 years, if we write off the first 3 due to obvious handicaps, which this board have had(2 years now) and 18 months that this manager has had is more than long enough to see something........is.

I know mate. I did say that in the above post. 

Allys tenure was a waste of time. The club were never going to do anything given the circumstances surrounding it at the time. The last 2 years since King and co have took over however are completely different. Warburton has had 3 exciting months, the honeymoon period, as Rangers manager and 15 mediocre, almost embarrassing ones. He's managed Rangers in almost 80 matches and we could count on one hand the number of good results and performances he has had, the bad days at the office and bad results far outweigh the good ones. For the last 14 months now we have got gradually more boring, more predictable and worse. Nothing about this team works. Nothing. He's now stuck 3 centre backs in the team which takes away another attacking option. Has it shored up the defence? No. Has it helped the team? No. Our 2 best players arguably are both our goalkeepers. Outfield we have one passenger after another. One mediocre dud after another. From right back to left wing, every position is filled with players who are not good enough for Rangers Football Club. Regardless of budgets or excuses about scouting etc. recruitment has been appalling. Signing players we don't need, too many players for here and not enough for there, desperate panic signings, signing players to sit on the bench when it was first team players we needed. It's been a disaster. 

In 18 months Mark Warburton as managed to sign over 20 players yet put us back to exactly the same position Ally McCoist had us in when he left, needing a whole new team. 

We don't have money in the bank, we are not a cash rich club yet when you add up all the money he has spent and wasted, it is criminal gross mismanagement. Surely sackable in any other industry. 

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Warburton has been proven wrong, his philosophy although commendable is not working. It has been clear it wouldn't work for some time now but now we're seeing it in technicolour.

If Warburton had been smarter, he would have created a team built on their strengths to start competing with Celtic and in Europe - he has not done this. Instead he has forced players into doing certain things they are not comfortable with - the players do not have the required attributes to do what he wants them to do.

THIS IS POOR MANAGEMENT.

If Warburton had been smarter, he would have implemented his commendable philosophy at youth level and allowed it to grow - because whether he likes it or not his dream takes far longer time than he will be given here now.

We are now stuck in limbo with a team unable to compete at the highest level in Scottish football and with people not believing his philosophy is not the way forward.

He has been too ambitious and it is going to make his stay at Rangers a failure. The well known analogy of turning a ship around springs to mind, that is the way of things sadly. We had been doing so many things wrong, we needed to change a lot - but changing things straight away has made matters worse - we have lost our identity. We have lost what has made our club great.

The soul has been ripped from our club, and the persons to blame are in control of our club right now. 

I'm sorry, and yes I know we've just played a good side in a friendly match, but this has been burning for a while now and I refuse to delude myself any longer.

while I'm not sure he's the right man for the job how the fuck can you build a team to compete with Sellik and Europe for five bob and a returned ginger bottle?

15 minutes ago, frazer89 said:

it not todays result that pisses me off. it's the performance or lack off that's frustrating. Leipzig are a quality team but we make things so easy for them with our inability too pass the ball YET AGAIN! Same thing happened on new years eve and against every other team we have played this season. MW we are not LEARNING !!

Were a team that would struggle to get out the third tier in england

Just now, AlCapone said:

whistles I'm not sure he's the right man for the job how the fuck can you build a team to compete with Sellik and Europe for five bob and a returned ginger bottle?

I totally agree mate, but it's dead easy to blame just the board - I don't think that's a fair reflection.

I don't like DK one bit, I want him out because I think he will destroy us but Warburton in my mind has no where near used his players to their full potential. His tactics have actually worked against his players - everyone has seen this. I see that as poor management. You use what is at your disposal to be the best you can be, not adhere to a philosophy that exploits the weaknesses in your own team.

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I know mate. I did say that in the above post. 

Allys tenure was a waste of time. The club were never going to do anything given the circumstances surrounding it at the time. The last 2 years since King and co have took over however are completely different. Warburton has had 3 exciting months, the honeymoon period, as Rangers manager and 15 mediocre, almost embarrassing ones. He's managed Rangers in almost 80 matches and we could count on one hand the number of good results and performances he has had, the bad days at the office and bad results far outweigh the good ones. For the last 14 months now we have got gradually more boring, more predictable and worse. Nothing about this team works. Nothing. He's now stuck 3 centre backs in the team which takes away another attacking option. Has it shored up the defence? No. Has it helped the team? No. Our 2 best players arguably are both our goalkeepers. Outfield we have one passenger after another. One mediocre dud after another. From right back to left wing, every position is filled with players who are not good enough for Rangers Football Club. Regardless of budgets or excuses about scouting etc. recruitment has been appalling. Signing players we don't need, too many players for here and not enough for there, desperate panic signings, signing players to sit on the bench when it was first team players we needed. It's been a disaster. 

In 18 months Mark Warburton as managed to sign over 20 players yet put us back to exactly the same position Ally McCoist had us in when he left, needing a whole new team. 

We don't have money in the bank, we are not a cash rich club yet when you add up all the money he has spent and wasted, it is criminal gross mismanagement. Surely sackable in any other industry. 

I dont think it is quite the disaster it was under ally. We are in a far better position now  - even if we need a good few players to push on - than ally had us. When ally left we actually did need a new team - at the moment we need a BETTER team - theres a difference. MW;s summer transfers were a disaster no doubt - if he can recover from that he has a future. If he has another transfer window like that he wont see next Xmas - but I am prepared to give him that provided we finish a strong 2nd in the league.

43 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Correct but the RB team toyed with us first and second strings, and we just cannot keep a hold of the fuckin ball, how many tame passes went straight to a RB player? hunners.

what 2nd string was this mate? the guy that came on up front in the 2nd half that they bought for £13 million?