Our Defense

When I seen the stats at about 80 mins we had had 10 shots to their 5. On target we had nil to their two (one a goal). I thought our defence was ok, we are just rank at creating clear cut chances. Hence why our defence always gets questioned. We have what we have. The only way to mask this is to score more (Mark's philosophy).

Don't see what the problem is here. 

We will concede goals ffs it's a football match, Moult has been on fine form, he scores big fucking deal. People talk about the defence as if it's a divine right we should never concede. 

The fact is Windass instead of wanting the ball after being on for less than 5 minutes leaves the ball and the Motherwell player takes it. Wallace just looks at him, scared to make a tackle like he's scared to talk on the pitch and Moult wins the header. 

There will be times when players win headers against us. 

The biggest problem is midfield to front bar Mckay. Hopeless

48 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Don't see what the problem is here. 

We will concede goals ffs it's a football match, Moult has been on fine form, he scores big fucking deal. People talk about the defence as if it's a divine right we should never concede. 

The fact is Windass instead of wanting the ball after being on for less than 5 minutes leaves the ball and the Motherwell player takes it. Wallace just looks at him, scared to make a tackle like he's scared to talk on the pitch and Moult wins the header. 

There will be times when players win headers against us. 

The biggest problem is midfield to front bar Mckay. Hopeless

Sorry, but I think that's a load of nonsense.

Our defense time and time again fall prey to simple goals scored by shit quality players. 

I do not mind conceding the odd silly goal or to a well worked goal, but the fact of the matter is our defense make the most retarded mistakes all the time - basic mistakes you'd never expect a professional footballer to make except once in a blue moon.

25 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Our defense time and time again fall prey to simple goals scored by shit quality players. 

I do not mind conceding the odd silly goal or to a well worked goal, but the fact of the matter is our defense make the most retarded mistakes all the time - basic mistakes you'd never expect a professional footballer to make except once in a blue moon.

So big Amo, Moore, Boughy, Weir etc never lost out to a header from what was a decent cross? Come on. 

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So big Amo, Moore, Boughy, Weir etc never lost out to a header from what was a decent cross? Come on. 

Eh?

34 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Amazing :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Eh?

Amazing :facepalm:

Aye it is amazing. That's what happened today it was a good header and well won. It happens. 

You're contradicting yourself a lot now. You've said you don't mind conceding a goal like the one today yet make a thread on it with no input whatsoever. 

A pointless video in a pointless thread. 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye it is amazing. That's what happened today it was a good header and well won. It happens. 

You're contradicting yourself a lot now. You've said you don't mind conceding a goal like the one today yet make a thread on it with no input whatsoever. 

It was a justified and well executed piece critiquing our defense.

The ODD silly goal, do     I      need     to     talk    slowly      so     you     understand?

Are you trying to say these stupid mistakes a lot of the time costing us goals and costing us games are not happening week in week out?

Conversation over mate, sorry, I'd rather chat to a rotten turnip.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

it was a free header on our 6 yard line with no one else in the box from motherwell, it was a shocking goal to lose as all the striker does is take a step back (into the space i might add) and kiernan is too busy watching the ball (again)

had the guy been marked, made a quick darting sprint and flicked a header right before our defender did then fair enough, but he never, just like sinclairs goal against us, kiernan has absolutely no positional sense and awareness of whats around him, it was the only motherwell player anywhere near him ffs