Boycott?

LochendBilly

15 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Been on and off for about 15 years. Had a spell when younger when was tickets here and there.

Down south now a lot but get to as many as possible still.

What is the logic here? That I havent seen bad times?.

I'm sure you have seen bad times but your quote below suggests you only follow through the good times.

12 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Theres supporting your team and theres being a gullible support.

Sometimes need to think about that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

I'm sure you have seen bad times but your quote below suggests you only follow through the good times.

Not at all mate.

My point is there needs to be balance.... do we all just go and continually fund and accept mediocre?.

Sad thing is about this board is most likely will only wisen up when the supporter £££'s dry up.

Always the supporter who suffers and is taken as the mug whilst everything around is overhyped and overpaid dross from top to bottom.

what about the lot that thought it was ok to boycott when Dave King told them to and nearly killed our club ?

why don't they fuck off ?

and the ones who weren't there when we were in Div 3 2 1 ?

should they not fuck off as well ?

i'll do what i fucking want I have paid for my season ticket and I will buy it again next year

7 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Been here for ten years, I'll quite happily remain.  If you don't respect my opinion then that is fine but I stand by my questioning of continuously paying for those players who played tonight.

I have already said I do not endorse a boycott.  Nice mature insult at the end though.  Perfect way to validate your point.

You are basically saying though that you are only willing to pay for success. If every fan had the same attitude as you then you would only have the top teams being supported. You have not endorsed a boycott yet you are saying you won't pay to keep the manager in a job and won't renew. That to me sounds like a boycott. As I say waste of a season ticket in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Sandro420 said:

what about the lot that thought it was ok to boycott when Dave King told them to and nearly killed our club ?

why don't they fuck off ?

and the ones who weren't there when we were in Div 3 2 1 ?

should they not fuck off as well ?

i'll do what i fucking want I have paid for my season ticket and I will buy it again next year

The ringleaders who promoted the boycotted were invited into the directors box and thanked for their efforts, while the guys who continued to pay to keep the club alive were treated like shite.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

You are basically saying though that you are only willing to pay for success. If every fan had the same attitude as you then you would only have the top teams being supported. You have not endorsed a boycott yet you are saying you won't pay to keep the manager in a job and won't renew. That to me sounds like a boycott. As I say waste of a season ticket in my opinion.

I accept my orignal post sounded like that and I have already admitted regret for that...but the heat of the moment was just that.  I won't hide from it.

I don't pay for success and those few who know me personally on this forum can back me up when I say I am in no means a 'glory hunter'

I can understand your wanting to have a pop at me.  By all means I expected it and will take it on the chin.... but I will not apologise for questioning the money I, we, pay to watch he players we watched tonight.

15 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I accept my orignal post sounded like that and I have already admitted regret for that...but the heat of the moment was just that.  I won't hide from it.

I don't pay for success and those few who know me personally on this forum can back me up when I say I am in no means a 'glory hunter'

I can understand your wanting to have a pop at me.  By all means I expected it and will take it on the chin.... but I will not apologise for questioning the money I, we, pay to watch he players we watched tonight.

I think we all question the money especially when we are witnessing these performances and no investment on the park. We need wholesale changes throughout the whole club but unfortunately we need to keep backing the club financially to keep it going. I appreciate it was a heat of the moment comment but we are not paying to keep the manager or players we are paying to keep the club afloat.

I've supported Rangers for over 55 years, and I'll be supporting Rangers till the day I die.

Don't make it to as many games as I'd like to these days, and haven't been to an away game in years

The only way to show our displeasure is by turning up to Ibrox, every other weekend, then let them know how we feel after a game by cheering or jeering the team off at full time.

Boycotting will just destroy the Club. We are now in a horrendous situation. We have a Chairman who was prepared to compromise the Clubs income streams in order to gain control, who bizarrely is also an advocate of Boycotts when it suits him, irrespective of the collateral damage caused. We also have a Chairman who is rarely present, and who has failed to deliver on any of his key promises.

I understand the anger directed at MW, but he was appointed by King's Board and given his lack of experience at this level, and having had no previous in Scottish Football, you would have thought it would have been sensible for the Board to have had oversight on his transfers dealings. So any failings by MW are in my view completely attributable to Dave King. Yes I do think MW has been found out, and he is not able to operate at this level, but as previous Mangers have either stated or alluded to, he has not been given the appropriate backing. But at the same time the writing was on the wall for all to see at the end of last year, and emphasised by his Teams no show at the Hibs Cup Final.

We are in a horrendous situation. I completely understand the anger at Ashley and the Sports Direct deal, however there is a bigger picture, and that is the lack of visibility in the Streets these days is going to compromise the value of the Rangers Brand in the future. Already when at the kids Football matches, I see a propensity of Celtic tops/ merchandise, I hardly see any Rangers kit- 5 years ago it was the other way round. Yes the Sports Direct deal hits us hard now, but not having the kit out there and visible is going to create huge damage in the future. My fear is that we are losing a generation of potential future Rangers supporters.

For me King is the problem. He has achieved control of Rangers yet is hardly present. Where was he last night. Why become Chairman of Rangers Football Club yet fail to attend matches or significant Remembrance events, which even the Celtic Chief Executive managed to attend. Was it all just a massive Ego trip? The damage his been horrendous and the sooner his fellow Board members, i.e. The Murrays and Co, and even his SOS "boys" realise that they are party to what is in reality a complete failure by the Board to properly and actively lead this Club forward. The only people that can really get rid of King are the shareholders. The Club is in reality being kept afloat by Season ticket money, yes we get these occasional drop fed loans (which those lending aim to convert to shares so in fact they hope to get it back) but on an annual basis the massive majority of cash Rangers receive is from the rank and file support (with no expectations of future shares). This idea that King is some kind of saviour has by his lack of action and interest so far proved to be a complete fallacy.

Rather than a boycott it is an Egm rthat is required.