Leadership

The Godfather

Where was our captain tonight? Did anyone see Lee pulling the rest of the boys up giving them an ear full or looking even remotely hurt by that?  

The fans have been incredible with him and yet he doesn't even go to the visiting support to face the music like a man by all accounts...

Rangers captains need to stand up and show a bit of passion, steel...something ffs

Aye he stood by us but I'm not accepting a captain shrinking into the background like Lee has been doing, man the fuck up and lead this team.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Where was our captain tonight? Did anyone see Lee pulling the rest of the boys up giving them an ear full or looking even remotely hurt by that?  

The fans have been incredible with him and yet he doesn't even go to the visiting support to face the music like a man by all accounts...

Rangers captains need to stand up and show a bit of passion, steel...something ffs

Aye he stood by us but I'm not accepting a captain shrinking into the background like Lee has been doing, man the fuck up and lead this team.

He's never been a captain , anybody can see it .

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lack of leadership at boardroom level.

Lack of leadership at managerial level.

Lack of leadership on the park.

I have it on good authority the Launderette supervisor at Auchenhowie is not up to much either 

1 minute ago, 2daludaludalu said:

Miller should have been captain, he's the only player who shows any fight.  I know warburton is getting heavy stick and rightly so, but the majority of those players were fuckin hiding tonight.

Warburton signs the players, Warburton sees the players in training, Warburton picks the team, Warburton tells them how to play, Warburton keeps playing players that let him down time and time again.

the players are to blame as well for not showing any fight, desire, passion, determination, mental steel. These are qualities a good captain should have not someone who stayed with the club.

New manager who plays a rigid formation with a much authoritarian approach is required and a captain who isn't one to hide is also needed.

58 minutes ago, 2daludaludalu said:

Miller should have been captain, he's the only player who shows any fight.  I know warburton is getting heavy stick and rightly so, but the majority of those players were fuckin hiding tonight.

He picks Halliday.end of story.Warburton can't hide anymore.Everyone has known for ages that Halliday isn't good enough never mind trying to play DM.Warburton has had ample time to get it sorted and has failed miserably. Halliday will get Warburton the sack.

No Rangers player should ever need to be shown leadership, motivation or passion through their captain. It should be installed within them as soon as they sign for this club until the day they leave. We have a squad made up of absolute impostors who show more passion through social media than they do out on a pitch. 

That Hearts team are utter shite. This result tonight changes absolutely nothing regarding how they should be viewed. And the fact we got outplayed and fucking bullied off a small club who are disillusioned towards their place in Scottish Football is an absolute disgrace.

A lightweight, incapable squad who can't handle what it takes to pull on a jersey with that much history behind it.

The same goes for the manager.  

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yet is idolised by many...it's bizarre 

Not like him since he blanked me and the wee man at auchenhowie, even Ian Black was over chatting to the wee man and having a laugh with him. All the praise he got at the start of the season was cringy as fuck. He looked off pace tonight too when he should be approaching his peak.

I'd actually give Clint hill it over anyone in the squad right now at least he looks like he cares and isn't afraid to shout at players.

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Not like him since he blanked me and the wee man at auchenhowie, even Ian Black was over chatting to the wee man and having a laugh with him. All the praise he got at the start of the season was cringy as fuck. He looked off pace tonight too when he should be approaching his peak.

I'd actually give Clint hill it over anyone in the squad right now at least he looks like he cares and isn't afraid to shout at players.

It's because he stuck around and I get that to a certain extent but he's captain and should be doing more to merit being given that honor. He's about as intimidating as a newt and as verbal as a mute. Hardly captain material 

He hasn't got it (leadership quality that is).   Neither has Warburton imo. 

It's not the same as just being competent at a job, or managing a situation, or going on a course to learn what its meant to be about.   IMO really effective leaders have it in them as an instinct.   The very best are those you'd willingly follow out of a trench into combat.   Inspirational types.  

Wallace just wears an armband, the badge of leadership but without exercising the authority of leadership.  That's not to say he should not be respected.   Its just that he's not - imo - anywhere near leadership material and not someone you'd look to when the going gets difficult.

Just now, The Godfather said:

It's because he stuck around and I get that to a certain extent but he's captain and should be doing more to merit being given that honor. He's about as intimidating as a newt and as verbal as a mute. Hardly captain material 

I appreciate him staying but we need a natural leader who can motivate on the pitch

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I appreciate him staying but we need a natural leader who can motivate on the pitch

Absolutely, has to go to Miller in the meantime.  At least he is vocal and looms like he gives a fuck.

Mind you having theresponsibility of being our top goalscorer, best player, second oldest player and then captain might be a bit much to put on Kenny shoulders....

What a mess 

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Absolutely, has to go to Miller in the meantime.  At least he is vocal and looms like he gives a fuck.

Mind you having theresponsibility of being our top goalscorer, best player, second oldest player and then captain might be a bit much to put on Kenny shoulders....

What a mess 

I'd give hill it

Nobody ever mentions Weir in all of this,the one part of the team you would think we would be strong is defence but it is our weakest by far. We lose the same goals every game and yet the first name on the team sheet appears to be Keirnan,I've never played football at the same level as Weir but even I can see that this guy will never be a centre half. It says it all when Hill is our best defender and he shouldn't be anywhere near our side