Not a director of The Rangers or management staff . .

BLUEDIGNITY

16 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

No need for someone from the board to be in front of the cameras. There might be some legal/financial implications and a wrong word or two under media questioning could prove very expensive. It would be good to hear from Club 1872 giving the fans opinion. This is one of the things I expected them to do 

You expect to much then if you think club Houston will say anything. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hardly "every single rumour". It's a seismic issue.

And given MW was refuting it, I'd suggest in this instance a Board member giving clarification would have been beneficial in taking control of the situation.

For hours no one knew if it was true, a hack, a mistake or whatever.

A Board member appearance wasn't needed but would have improved the situation in a professional context.

Instead we appeared like bumbling fools with a crazy out of the blue statement. Again the club that keeps on giving blah blah.

This isn't a huge dig at the Board either, just an observation and opinion.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's hardly "every single rumour". It's a seismic issue.

And given MW was refuting it, I'd suggest in this instance a Board member giving clarification would have been beneficial in taking control of the situation.

For hours no one knew if it was true, a hack, a mistake or whatever.

A Board member appearance wasn't needed but would have improved the situation in a professional context.

Instead we appeared like bumbling fools with a crazy out of the blue statement. Again the club that keeps on giving blah blah.

This isn't a huge dig at the Board either, just an observation and opinion.

Hopefully they get someone with a command of the English language to update the support today........

6 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

The board can't go about commenting on every single rumour in the media.

As far as they're concerned everything they need to say has been said in the statement.

Aye this board are about as transparent as a fucking blackboard right enough ?

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Tbh , and I'm no fan of the board , they should be . 

Its making us look like a two bit organisation . 

At this monent ,can anyone argue we are not 

With Murray left in charge while King is out of the Country 

While an iron fist is over at the east end dictating to everyone in the game including the media .

We simply have the wrong men in control of our club 

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

As a pundit, of course.

We sacked MW by releasing a statement. Same way Man U sacked Moyes. Same as Everton sacked Martinez. Same way most clubs do.

But apparently, if we don't have a Board member in front of a camera immediately it's a disgrace.

I understand what you're saying, however, did Moyes or Martinez then contradict Man United or Everton? It looks as if Warburton may well have been off in the summer and something went wrong this week. We won't know for sure, but what we have heard so far doesn't really make sense. 

7 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

The board can't go about commenting on every single rumour in the media.

As far as they're concerned everything they need to say has been said in the statement.

The statement looked as if it was written by a 5 year old

It was so bad that people genuinely thought that the site had been hacked by illiterate bheasts 

59 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I understand what you're saying, however, did Moyes or Martinez then contradict Man United or Everton? It looks as if Warburton may well have been off in the summer and something went wrong this week. We won't know for sure, but what we have heard so far doesn't really make sense. 

Agreed, seemingly Warburton mentioned legal advice last night, the club have to come out and put this to bed, if they have acted correctly then further statements will not damage their stance

If however we have fucked up somewhere....... 

I think what's happened is that warbs & Co had negotiated a deal to leave, job fell through, they came running back. The board has then looked at the legalities & seen that they can get them out for no compensation. The reason warbs is denying he's resigned, is he probably thought his agent had sorted it all out. Only my take on it & I hope it's true. Don't want to be paying out more compensation, we need every penny we've got. 

2 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

No need for someone from the board to be in front of the cameras. There might be some legal/financial implications and a wrong word or two under media questioning could prove very expensive. It would be good to hear from Club 1872 giving the fans opinion. This is one of the things I expected them to do 

1872 and fans opinion? A contradiction in terms!

In my view its a very poor display of leadership and communication from the Club.  When a Club loses the top layer of its football management it is such a big event that a senior Director, probably even the Chairman, should provide a statement in person to the Support via the media.   When the football management layer goes so quickly and under such confusing circumstances the need for a senior Director or the Chairman to surface and explain becomes, imo, even more important.  

The Club saw fit to rest behind a poorly crafted, clumsily worded note published on the website.     Even then for hours we had speculation over whether the band of 3 had or had not actually resigned.     With no active response or move to clarify from any senior person at Ibrox.  Not even from the very well paid MD if no Director or Chairman was available.

Also, we are paying decent bucks for Roberstson as MD.  If that note on the website had been drafted by him, or proof read and approved for release by him then its a poor quality performance imo.   

3 minutes ago, macranger said:

I think what's happened is that warbs & Co had negotiated a deal to leave, job fell through, they came running back. The board has then looked at the legalities & seen that they can get them out for no compensation. The reason warbs is denying he's resigned, is he probably thought his agent had sorted it all out. Only my take on it & I hope it's true. Don't want to be paying out more compensation, we need every penny we've got. 

Maybe also the board have been sounding out a new manager and after being giving the nod have taking warburton etc. up on their offer (also hedging their bets)

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

In my view its a very poor display of leadership and communication from the Club.  When a Club loses the top layer of its football management it is such a big event that a senior Director, probably even the Chairman, should provide a statement in person to the Support via the media.   When the football management layer goes so quickly and under such confusing circumstances the need for a senior Director or the Chairman to surface and explain becomes, imo, even more important.  

The Club saw fit to rest behind a poorly crafted, clumsily worded note published on the website.     Even then for hours we had speculation over whether the band of 3 had or had not actually resigned.     With no active response or move to clarify from any senior person at Ibrox.  Not even from the very well paid MD if no Director or Chairman was available.

Also, we are paying decent bucks for Roberstson as MD.  If that note on the website had been drafted by him, or proof read and approved for release by him then its a poor quality performance imo.   

Don't agree with anything this board does or says but if this is true and water tight we have won a watch , for once we come out of this without more millions being wasted.

The problem with kind of shite, as in the Barton scenario but only worse because Warburton is party to much more inside info. Is the kiss and tell knowledge that the employer has to buy the silence for, unless king has something more dirty on Warburton.

No matter the truth of any of it, I doubt we will be walking away without moneys being paid.

BTW, will all this mean we can have Joey back?

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Don't agree with anything this board does or says but if this is true and water tight we have won a watch , for once we come out of this without more millions being wasted.

The key here is watertight.    If the conversations between the band of 3 or their agent and the Board reps / MD were couched in terms of thinking of resigning rather then a firm 'we resign', or if the 3 did not hand in written resignations then maybe the question of watertightness might yet come into play.   Because if the Board has simply chosen to deem them to have resigned because they were sounding out the possibility of working elsewhere then a proverbial can of worms might be opened up and hey ho it becomes a field day for employment lawyers.    If they resigned - really resigned and not simply created the impression that they intended to resign - then as you rightly say the Board wins a watch.   I guess more will be revealed today - especially if the 3 turn up for work at the Training Centre or at Ibrox. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The problem with kind of shite, as in the Barton scenario but only worse because Warburton is party to much more inside info. Is the kiss and tell knowledge that the employer has to buy the silence for, unless king has something more dirty on Warburton.

No matter the truth of any of it, I doubt we will be walking away without moneys being paid.

BTW, will all this mean we can have Joey back?

I don't think we get Barton back.    I hope its been a clear case that resign meant resign and not the Board jumping the gun a bit on 'we deem you to have resigned' with its risk of fouling the whole thing up with compensation then being paid.    With the Board - and even with an expensively paid MD - the way this has gone has not been as clear cut as a simple resignation should be.

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I don't think we get Barton back.    I hope its been a clear case that resign meant resign and not the Board jumping the gun a bit on 'we deem you to have resigned' with its risk of fouling the whole thing up with compensation then being paid.    With the Board - and even with an expensively paid MD - the way this has gone has not been as clear cut as a simple resignation should be.

100%. This could have, should have been handled better. The mhedia now have at least a weeks worth of feeding frenzy to spin, speculate and demonise as to what's went on and what the consequences will be.

Was at the wind up with Barton coming back.