***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

The whole process seems to me to have reached a stage where the next statements should simply be to announce who is being appointed to the jobs.   The Club must surely be nearly there in concluding negotiations with their preferred front runners for each post, and if more than one candidate is in the mx for each of the jobs then that would maybe extend the time needed to conclude discussions and for all parties to make decisions.   Its not as if we are at the beginning of the process, it must surely be winding its way to a conclusion sometime pretty soon.

They can't go on talking endlessly though.   Maybe those involved (and I include the candidates in this if they are taking some additional time to mull things over) will pick up the pace and reach glacial speed next week.      For Rangers in deciding to go for a very different structure of DOF and Head Coach there will be no cookbook approach to doing this.  Its untried territory for the Club.   That in itself might be part of the delay as the Club seeks to be a sure as it can that it has attracted the best affordable 2 people on the best terms that are possible with the same applying to the preferred candidates as they will know they are stepping into a situation where a big recovery is needed and with a Board that operates with controversy as an ever close companion.

I doubt if any statements will be made by the Club until they are ready to unveil their choice of DOF and Head Coach (whichever is appointed first).    

13 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

King doesn't do it the right way, everything is done underhand with glib and shameless lies, he is tarrier like in that respect, its time for him to go.

Aye cos its King carrying out the interviewing process

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Neither, I was hoping this board we're conducting finding a new manager in a professional way.  There's no reason why they can't offer Al-Gharafa a common courtesy statement to confirm they agree with their statement, that it is an untruth.

What does this even mean :lol: 

Neither, I was hoping this board we're conducting finding a new manager in a professional way.  There's no reason why they can't offer Al-Gharafa a common curtsy statement to confirm they agree with their statement, that it is an untruth.

We dont agree with the statement tho we have made a approach for the manager...through his agent imo it happens all the time 

Your saying it's dog eat dog out there and professionalism goes out the window

Dearest Sweetheart- it is indeed dog eat dog- the problem we have is we need to find the right dog. Preferably a hungry aggressive one that will be prepared to bite when the rest of the pack let the side down

4 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

Dearest Sweetheart- it is indeed dog eat dog- the problem we have is we need to find the right dog.

It always starts this way mate dont be pulled in by her when your still trying to explain  yourself in 4 hrs don't say you were not warned !

Doggy harness is her next question

Just now, KingKirk said:

It always starts this way mate dont be pulled in by her when your still trying to explain that yourself in 4 hrs don't say you were not warned !

Doggy harness is her next question

Sure it's not style. I think it's contagious. I have never been quite the same since the draw with Stranraer a few years ago. On a serious note- we really need to get someone in to salvage the rest of this season- but in a manner which allows for a proper structure for the future. I don't trust DK an inch- but at the same time I do not envy them the situation they are now in. The only positive at the moment is that the media spotlight is off Murty and hopefully he can achieve a few more results such as the St Johnstone result- which was in fairness to him a cracking result- especially with the Hearts and Aberdeen results going against them. 

Why can't folk just wait?

You have had SR saying on Wednesday it will be soon a new man is appointed.

It's only two days since then, plus we have a game tomorrow afternoon. We are hardly going to announce anything before that.

Let the board do their job, stop reading fucking shanner websites.

Anyone posting anything from Sportingdestiny@qatarsportsfootballnet.com or Hitc or the record or whatever should be banned from adding to this thread

Sky sports and BT Sport pay to show Scottish football, until they start reporting anything I think it's unlikely other sources will be ITK.

There is no point and coming on here to wet the bed. Use your nut.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Cam1872 said:

Why can't folk just wait?

You have had SR saying on Wednesday it will be soon a new man is appointed.

It's only two days since then, plus we have a game tomorrow afternoon. We are hardly going to announce anything before that.

Let the board do their job, stop reading fucking shanner websites.

Anyone posting anything from Sportingdestiny@qatarsportsfootballnet.com or Hitc or the record or whatever should be banned from adding to this thread

Sky sports and BT Sport pay to show Scottish football, until they start reporting anything I think it's unlikely other sources will be ITK.

There is no point and coming on here to wet the bed. Use your nut.

Ridiculous logic ffs

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Ridiculous logic ffs

Nothing wrong with the logic that investors in Scottish football will want to ensure they break the biggest story currently available...

The fact they aren't running with pretty much any of the guff on here for me is an indication of the state of play. 

I'm not suggest nobody else knows what's happening, I'm just suggesting that when sky news go with new manager story it's likely to be a good sign it's nearly done.

Only shite logic cause you never thought of it.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, The Dude said:

Exactly. I had confirmed Wilson had been offered the job a week before Sky or BT touched it. 

Must have been wrong if Sky and BT never broke it first..

download (7).jpg