***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I hope we are not naming the Manager on the recommendation from a Dof who clearly hasn't made his own mind up, I always think players and managers use this tactic as Wilson may be doing to get a better contract at his current club or even put himself in the shop window.

True Rangers fashion under this lot. 

It wouldn't be Rangers if we weren't doing it arse over elbow. 

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Wonder what the odds are for Murty being named as NO 2 ? Can see this happening 

I think it will be Fergie. here's why http://www.footballinsider247.com/barry-ferguson-delivers-honest-assessment-of-rangers-speculation/

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Mmmmmmmm 

“The truth of the matter is I’d have run naked along the M74 to get there if I thought for a second they wanted me for any role within the club.

“But let’s get one thing straight. At this point in my own development, I’m simply not equipped for the top job. One day I do hope to be good enough to manage Rangers.

“But for now the immediate future is to continue learning my trade in order that I’m ready if that day ever does come.”

:hmmm:indeed.

Really underwhelming whatever way you look at it really.. if this Portuguese lad is so good then why the fuck is he managing in Qatar?  It makes Scottish football look like last liga and do they even have a national team??  It's poor.

of the list mentioned it's a toss between mcinnes and rowett but again the transfer budget or lack of will come into play no matter who takes the job and as much as I like a  DOF and what they seem to do, I don't think it's a priority for us given the serious lack of funds as we'd still be shopping in the same window signing similar shite.

he would be doing the job with one hand tied behind his back coupled with the money it would cost in an extra salary means we'd likely get an incompetent system which we lose more money and make no improvements on the football field

By the sound of it we're heading into extra time being needed for both appointments.      It starts to take on the appearance of the circus-act performances on the pitch are being rivalled by the hugger-mugger stately courtship dancing by the Board reps off the pitch,  

In mitigation I guess they can't wish things to a quick conclusion.  There may be points to be worked out, and maybe even some more negotiation.  I doubt if its a case of a good enough package and good enough set of iron-clad transfer budget assurances being put on the table which was capable of more or less immediate acceptance by the candidates.

I reckon there must be quite a bit for the DOF and manager candidates to think about.   Not least of which will be what sort of transfer money is going to be available and how much time are they to be given to deliver a proper title-challenging Rangers side.  And that's aside from the views they take about the calibre of Chairman and Directors they'd be working to.......where the track record of awkward mishap and controversy in dealing with the last management team and in dealing with an argumentative player were all made into a bit of a feast by the media and bang slap in the public eye.  For the candidates the considerations may also be about the sort of image and reputation they might be left with when they want to move and how they might themselves think they'd get on with King, Robertson, Dickson and the other Directors.

8 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Really underwhelming whatever way you look at it really.. if this Portuguese lad is so good then why the fuck is he managing in Qatar?  It makes Scottish football look like last liga and do they even have a national team??  It's poor.

of the list mentioned it's a toss between mcinnes and rowett but again the transfer budget or lack of will come into play no matter who takes the job and as much as I like a  DOF and what they seem to do, I don't think it's a priority for us given the serious lack of funds as we'd still be shopping in the same window signing similar shite.

he would be doing the job with one hand tied behind his back coupled with the money it would cost in an extra salary means we'd likely get an incompetent system which we lose more money and make no improvements on the football field

Michael Laudrup also manages in Qatar with Al Rayyan. It's down to money. I looked at a few videos of Al Gharafa and the stadium is near empty, it's just oil money that is funding the teams there with the hope that it suddenly becomes really popular (unless al gharafa are not popular compared to other Qatari teams).

Its the same reason that players and managers are going to China, so the fact he's there and not in the EPL or La Liga suggests that he's not a top manager but it doesn't mean he's no good either.

regardless of how big a club we are , our following, our history and honours list, our facilities etc. we still can't compete financially and as a result our league is mince and we can't attract big names like your Klopps, Guardiola's etc. So we have to get managers with lower stock - either those who have fallen or those yet to rise - and that means getting managers who people deem as failures e.g. Davies, freedman, pardew, warnock or you take a punt on unknowns like Caixinha, Perreira.

The scum got Rodgers because he stuffed up at Liverpool and he wasn't likely to get a big job in England, so his stock had fallen. For us Frank De Boer would have fallen into that bracket and I'm still a little surprised we didn't at least talk to him about the possibility,of taking up the role in the summer. Caixinha is one of the unproven managers so it's a punt. Someone like Michael Laudrup might not have been a bad shout but again he is probably topping up the bank account waiting for the right job offer in Europe.

Going to be embarrassing when we sign Caxinha and Wilson says no.

Were really making an arse of this. If it was gospel we had to get a DOF in then it should have been done early this week with the recommendation that he brings a list of managers set up for interviews who could have been installed later this week or monday at the latest. 

Were going to end up going for Caxinha and Wilson turns round and says no thanks. 

The fact that pioneering position for us is dragging on sums up the board. If it was that much of an important position they would have gave wilson what he wanted instead of going back and forth which yet again makes us look amateurish.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Michael Laudrup also manages in Qatar with Al Rayyan. It's down to money. I looked at a few videos of Al Gharafa and the stadium is near empty, it's just oil money that is funding the teams there with the hope that it suddenly becomes really popular (unless al gharafa are not popular compared to other Qatari teams).

Its the same reason that players and managers are going to China, so the fact he's there and not in the EPL or La Liga suggests that he's not a top manager but it doesn't mean he's no good either.

regardless of how big a club we are , our following, our history and honours list, our facilities etc. we still can't compete financially and as a result our league is mince and we can't attract big names like your Klopps, Guardiola's etc. So we have to get managers with lower stock - either those who have fallen or those yet to rise - and that means getting managers who people deem as failures e.g. Davies, freedman, pardew, warnock or you take a punt on unknowns like Caixinha, Perreira.

The scum got Rodgers because he stuffed up at Liverpool and he wasn't likely to get a big job in England, so his stock had fallen. For us Frank De Boer would have fallen into that bracket and I'm still a little surprised we didn't at least talk to him about the possibility,of taking up the role in the summer. Caixinha is one of the unproven managers so it's a punt. Someone like Michael Laudrup might not have been a bad shout but again he is probably topping up the bank account waiting for the right job offer in Europe.

he was interviewed in London.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Going to be embarrassing when we sign Caxinha and Wilson says no.

Were really making an arse of this. If it was gospel we had to get a DOF in then it should have been done early this week with the recommendation that he brings a list of managers set up for interviews who could have been installed later this week or monday at the latest. 

Were going to end up going for Caxinha and Wilson turns round and says no thanks. 

The fact that pioneering position for us is dragging on sums up the board. If it was that much of an important position they would have gave wilson what he wanted instead of going back and forth which yet again makes us look amateurish.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-truth-caixinha-rangers-talks-rubbished-qatari-club-manager-denies-talks/

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wilson said no at the weekend. We returned with a new offer and he's thinking it over. It's not looking great but isn't totally dead. 

Do we have a plan b would look silly appointing a manager without a dof

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-truth-caixinha-rangers-talks-rubbished-qatari-club-manager-denies-talks/

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

Gets even worse then