The Restoration Of Our Club

Blue Avenger

20 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I doubt if I want a conversation with you so jog onĀ 

I only have dialogue with good bearsĀ 

What was the actual purpose of replying to something i said to someone else, What's a good bear in your eyes ? Someone who agrees with everything you say and those who don't are "worth a watching". Maybe when you fit into your big boy's trousers you might understand the concept of people having differing opinions, Your problem is you just don't like anyone who differs from your opinion hence throwing the toys out your pram and claiming the childish pish about "Your worth a watching,As i said previously GROW UP.

Through the magic of the internet i've now changed you into a little grey box, Brilliant isn't it.

Have a great day.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/25/2017 at 4:44 PM, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck, I would need to consult a lawyer first!

LBH, he is a bit of the obnoxious type and making money is his no. 1 priority, but he does appear to be very competent at it, as his personal wealth is testament to.Ā Newcastle haveĀ a pretty loyal and large fan base to build on, plus in the top tier he has all that tv money. They've been down one season and look to bounce straight back up. It's like he can't lose. Previously,Ā I think his choice of managers has been shit, but has now got a decent one in Benitez. He does appear to invest well in the team, but I just don't know what to make of him, in being good or bad for us. He is certainly no amateur businessman, unlike King.

If he was free of Newcastle, I could hesitantly say yes. At the minute he could do it with placemenĀ via an EGM, if the Ashley friendly shareholders went for it and won and all sorts of business relationships could open up, but it would have to be seen that he is not in control and at the end of the day, there would have to be something in for both him and us that is equitable, and not exploitive.Ā 

I think Ashley is very high risk if it was good with him it would beĀ very good but if it was bad it would be flippin' awful ... someone with such a lot of financial clout would hardly miss the asset in his portfolio if our disputes with himĀ ever got personalĀ and that's probably not the case with someone likeĀ KingĀ 

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I think Ashley is very high risk if it was good with him it would beĀ very good but if it was bad it would be flippin' awful ... someone with such a lot of financial clout would hardly miss the investment if our disputes with himĀ ever got personalĀ and that's probably not the case wit someone likeĀ KingĀ 

I get what you say, but to run with King it will be years of playing second best to the scum and winning little. If we are prepared to accept that reality then there is little point in moaning about it, including from me. If we have another season like this one, we will lose fans in their droves as people will just not put up with it, paying top dollar but getting little value for it.

Unless there is a billionaire out their for us, the best we can hope for is to get professionals at the helm with the business acumen to run us better and create new income streams.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I get what you say, but to run with King it will be years of playing second best to the scum and winning little. If we are prepared to accept that reality then there is little point in moaning about it, including from me. If we have another season like this one, we will lose fans in their droves as people will just not put up with it, paying top dollar but getting little value for it.

Unless there is a billionaire out their for us, the best we can hope for is to get professionals at the helm with the business acumen to run us better and create new income streams.

How long do you think rogers will stay? I think he wants to do really well this season because he knows this is just a short spell for him to lick his wounds before gong back to the real footballĀ 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

When Ashley's men occupied the boardroom they didn't askĀ McDowall if he wanted to take the first team,Ā they told him heĀ would be at least until the end of the season, they thenĀ brought in Newcastle players mostly crocked or tooĀ ill to play.Ā McDowall himself statedĀ heĀ had no say in the matter, he also stated he was told to play them if they were fit.

Were you all for Rangers supporters boycotting season ticketsĀ back then?

7 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

When Ashley's men occupied the boardroom they didn't askĀ McDowall if he wanted to take the first team,Ā they told him heĀ would be at least until the end of the season, they thenĀ brought in Newcastle players mostly crocked or tooĀ ill to play.Ā McDowall himself statedĀ heĀ had no say in the matter, he also stated he was told to play them if they were fit.

Broken-record.jpg

13 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Change the names around,Ā but you've just described this season in a nutshell.Ā 

Nice to see you want this crookedĀ board out finally. ?

50 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

How long do you think rogers will stay? I think he wants to do really well this season because he knows this is just a short spell for him to lick his wounds before gong back to the real footballĀ 

TBH, never thought of that, but whether it's it's him or another, we still need quality and whilst they get the CL cream and DD as their banker we have a tall order to overhaul them. We will need a good managerĀ and a well run club that can get value for money, not cheap tat from the lower reaches. If we can get that manager and see decent quality players in, we have a fighting chance unlike now, so we will have to see what happens next with these new appointments and the money that will be made available for players.

43 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I was Whitney's best mate!

:mutley:

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Change the names around,Ā but you've just described this season in a nutshell.Ā 

Nice to see you want this crookedĀ board out finally. ?

Why the change of attitude then if you feel that way CB.

If you see things as the same why do you now only describe the idea of holding season ticket money backĀ as a catch 22 situation?Ā 

The board are rightly coming under fire but at least they are making moves to bring in a new management team.Ā 

The last lot refused to rule out keeping McDowall on beyond the season even though he clearly didn't want to be in the hot seat.

26 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Why the change of attitude then if you feel that way CB.

If you see things as the same why do you now only describe the idea of holding season ticket money backĀ as a catch 22 situation?Ā 

The board are rightly coming under fire but at least they are making moves to bring in a new management team.Ā 

The last lot refused to rule out keeping McDowall on beyond the season even though he clearly didn't want to be in the hot seat.

Its was a catch 22 before for any Bear, what I didn't agree with was the organised effort by Sloth and his pals to force a boycott and Kings mental idea of giving him our ST money.Ā 

Nice that you seem to give this board all the time in the world 2 years down the line,Ā but screamed blue murder when it was 140 days with the last shambles.Ā 

I will wait to see who they get for the job before I patĀ them on the back.Ā 

32 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I was Whitney's best mate!

:mutley:

Ā 

Dont know about that but by your own words you want to repeat his and Kings plan to get fans boycotting season books and pay game by game, two cheeks from the same arse, you do realise the problem your plan would cause the club dont you ? ITbwasnt big and clever when IT was tried before and IT certainly wouldnt do any good now.

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Its was a catch 22 before fore cabinetsnany Bear, what I didn't agree with was the organised effort by Sloth and his pals to force a boycott and Kings mental idea of giving him our ST money.Ā 

Nice that you seem to give this board all the time in the world 2 years down the line,Ā but screamed blue murder when it was 140 days with the last shambles.Ā 

I will wait to see who they get for the job before I patĀ them on the back.Ā 

They really have to get IT right this time and pats on backs only happen when trophies are IN the cabinets not for just competing.

Just now, piperpete said:

Time will tell on that one, IM sure IT will end up costing us something.

Agreed, But in reference to the situation now. He's gone withĀ none, which should make it easier for the board to get another manager. Ally's contract was honoured by the board back then and they had to budget for his replacement also.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed, But in referenine to the situation now. He's gone withĀ none, which should make it easier for the board to get another manager. Ally's contract was honoured by the board back then and they had to budget for his replacement also.

Ā 

Agreed, But in reference to the situation now. He's gone withĀ none, which should make it easier for the board to get another manager. Ally's contract was honoured by the board back then and they had to budget for his replacement also.

Ā 

It may end up us paying a year x3 IF things were not done properly so ITs no different as the club would have to budget that INto their sums going forward.

Ā 

Dont know why you post came up more than once.

Ā 

Ā 

It may end up us paying a year x3 IF things were not done properly so ITs no different as the club would have to budget that INto their sums going forward.

Ā 

Dont know why you post came up more than once.

Here's hoping it was done correctly. Will the club budget for it, if no claim has been made?

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

imere's hoping it was done correctly. Will the club budget for it, if no claim has been made?

I would think we would have too, IMagine not doing so and a bill for a million come IN.Hope all IS well but until alls sorted we will never know, remember MW was shouting from the roof tops he never jacked IN.

I would think we would have too, IMagine not doing so and a bill for a million come IN.Hope all IS well but until alls sorted we will never know, remember MW was shouting from the roof tops he never jacked IN.

I suppose they would have to keep some fudge money, to cover any extra cost that may occur.

It would be rather silly IF they never built IT INto their years forecast would IT not .?

It 's what I would do if running the business, but we don't have insight on what has been budgeted for and what money's in the bank. Yes it would be silly if they didn't budget for a possible court case.