Caixinha Interview

scottjf82

10 minutes ago, denya said:

So you think its very easy to get over 50% win percentage at Leiria and Saudi Arabia, no chance my friend, it is not easy. Stats do not tell you the real story. If stats like you think tell you everything then why do clubs waste their time with scouts around the world if they can simply just log on a computer and get stats of these players since they must tell them everything. Same with managers. Stats dont mean nothing in the end of the day. I will never agree with you about that. 

if you are a good manager you will be able to do that. second, alot of clubs dont have scouts and do actully use computers to determine what players to go for. your points are rediculous and if you know your football as you seem to do by the way your talking you would know clubs do use computer stats to sign players. obv its not big clubs but small clubs do use it 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CRARFC said:

if you are a good manager you will be able to do that. second, alot of clubs dont have scouts and do actully use computers to determine what players to go for. your points are rediculous and if you know your football as you seem to do by the way your talking you would know clubs do use computer stats to sign players. obv its not big clubs but small clubs do use it 

I know clubs do have databases of players but what I am saying is that you seem to think stats mean everything when they clearly don't. If they meant everything then clubs would never have scouts now. Clubs have scouts because you cannot rely on stats. 

1 hour ago, denya said:

I know clubs do have databases of players but what I am saying is that you seem to think stats mean everything when they clearly don't. If they meant everything then clubs would never have scouts now. Clubs have scouts because you cannot rely on stats. 

but they are facts ? so if a striker scores 100 goals in 150 games and another striker scores  50  goals in 150 games, what striker would you prefer to have in your team ? clubs have scouts to scout youth. after under 21s most clubs dont have to scout because they know what players they want/need to make their team better or they will pay free agent managers to scout for them. 

Just now, CRARFC said:

but they are facts ? so if a striker scores 100 goals in 150 games and another striker scores  50  goals in 150 games, what striker would you prefer to have in your team ? clubs have scouts to scout youth. after under 21s most clubs dont have to scout because they know what players they want/need to make their team better or they will pay free agent managers to scout for them. 

I can tell you that a lot of European clubs have scouts here only to watch the top professional league and not for youth. Why would they need to do that if everything is on the computer. Do these stats also tell if a player will be able to cope with the style of play, if they can cope with the culture, if they are team players, what they do off-the ball in a match etc, no they dont and the same apply for managers. As I told you before I do not agree with you about this stats thing and never will. As for the goals thing, a player scoring 150 goals in 100 games in one league might not work as good as the player who scored 50 goals due to many reasons as I have said stats dont tell you the real truth behind everything. 

4 hours ago, CRARFC said:

You are completely taking what I'm saying in the wrong context. I don't care where the guys from I just want someone who knows the British game and has a good cv. He doesn't fill me with excitement. His teams looking at his history look like during the course of the season have 3 or 4 games when they get pumped. When they win it's by one goal and the odd occasion a few. 

I will back whoever is in charge but just now he's not filling me with excitement. This is a forum and I'm giving my opinion. 

I think British managers should be given more chances at big clubs. 

We went British last time and look where that got us