NBA

32 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Yeh alright mate, tired AF and still can't taste or smell a thing.

Read a few stories online of folk who have recovered months ago but their sense of smell still hasn't returned. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to me fs that sounds horrendous

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers sweep them

We could go small and push AD to the 5 who is more than a match for Bam anyway or we could go big and play Howard at the 5, AD at the 4 and bang him up that way

I think they will do the same to Bam as they done to Jokic, nobody could handle Jokic for the Clippers but Vogel starting Dwight and him effectively bullying Jokic for the 1st Q the last 2 games of the series made a big difference, Bam will need to be careful about foul trouble as well. 

The one thing the Heat have over the Nuggets is that multiple players that can get hot, Nuggets only really had Murray and Jokic. 

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I think they will do the same to Bam as they done to Jokic, nobody could handle Jokic for the Clippers but Vogel starting Dwight and him effectively bullying Jokic for the 1st Q the last 2 games of the series made a big difference, Bam will need to be careful about foul trouble as well. 

The one thing the Heat have over the Nuggets is that multiple players that can get hot, Nuggets only really had Murray and Jokic. 

Yep, Jokic is a better version of Bam Adebayo. Jokic can do the one thing Bam can't and that's pass his way out of double teams effectively enough to make the Lakers think twice.

They do, but they also have nobody who can guard AD. All the chat is on Iguodala and Jimmy Butler vs LeBron - despite the last time Iggy had Bron duties in the Finals, Bron dropped 35/8/8 on him - but I truly think this match-up will be won and lost depending on which AD turns up. 

If AD continues to play as he has been playing, Lakers win. We have the guards who can play with enough energy to disrupt the likes of Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro from getting clean looks from 3 pt range. CaruSHOW and Playoff Rondo have both turned up

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Yep, Jokic is a better version of Bam Adebayo. Jokic can do the one thing Bam can't and that's pass his way out of double teams effectively enough to make the Lakers think twice.

They do, but they also have nobody who can guard AD. All the chat is on Iguodala and Jimmy Butler vs LeBron - despite the last time Iggy had Bron duties in the Finals, Bron dropped 35/8/8 on him - but I truly think this match-up will be won and lost depending on which AD turns up. 

If AD continues to play as he has been playing, Lakers win. We have the guards who can play with enough energy to disrupt the likes of Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro from getting clean looks from 3 pt range. CaruSHOW and Playoff Rondo have both turned up

Playoff Rondo is real been on that bandwagon since him and AD were at the Pelicans, Caruso is superb love his play and they will disrupt certainly disrupt Miami, the one part that gives me hope for a long series is Spoelstra as I doubt he won't have some sort of plan to try slow down the Lakers. 

Agreed about AD as well if he is aggresive the Lakers win in 4 or 5, but if he goes back to having games were he take's only 10 attempts then it will get interesting. 

3 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Playoff Rondo is real been on that bandwagon since him and AD were at the Pelicans, Caruso is superb love his play and they will disrupt certainly disrupt Miami, the one part that gives me hope for a long series is Spoelstra as I doubt he won't have some sort of plan to try slow down the Lakers. 

Agreed about AD as well if he is aggresive the Lakers win in 4 or 5, but if he goes back to having games were he take's only 10 attempts then it will get interesting. 

I absolutely hated Rondo before he joined us. Obviously with his Celtics connection, I despised him but actually he has been brilliant for us in the bubble. Shocking in the regular season and didn't want him to get many minutes, but Waiters can't get fit / Coach Vogel doesn't trust his defence and Bradley opted against the bubble so really, we have needed him to step up and he has done it

The Miami zone defence will be interesting - Rockets tried it against us but they didn't have the personnel to really stop us

I think you've called it there. Need AD to be aggressive. Need him to just take over. The way he won that game against the Nuggets with the buzzer beater when we were up against it - that's who we need AD to be. He's the most athletic player in the NBA. He is a 7 footer who plays like a point guard. He's ridiculous and we just need him to keep getting in the paint and making things happen. He just hates doing it though because he gets banged up :lol:

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I absolutely hated Rondo before he joined us. Obviously with his Celtics connection, I despised him but actually he has been brilliant for us in the bubble. Shocking in the regular season and didn't want him to get many minutes, but Waiters can't get fit / Coach Vogel doesn't trust his defence and Bradley opted against the bubble so really, we have needed him to step up and he has done it

The Miami zone defence will be interesting - Rockets tried it against us but they didn't have the personnel to really stop us

I think you've called it there. Need AD to be aggressive. Need him to just take over. The way he won that game against the Nuggets with the buzzer beater when we were up against it - that's who we need AD to be. He's the most athletic player in the NBA. He is a 7 footer who plays like a point guard. He's ridiculous and we just need him to keep getting in the paint and making things happen. He just hates doing it though because he gets banged up :lol:

I only really started watching it again about 2015 so just blank Rondo at the Celtics out of my mind 😂

AD used to be a point guard in school i'm sure then had a ridiculous growth spurt which made him into a Power Forward/Centre, he done a stepback 3 in the buzzer beater game you would have thought it was Harden doing it was that confident in his shot. 

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I only really started watching it again about 2015 so just blank Rondo at the Celtics out of my mind 😂

AD used to be a point guard in school i'm sure then had a ridiculous growth spurt which made him into a Power Forward/Centre, he done a stepback 3 in the buzzer beater game you would have thought it was Harden doing it was that confident in his shot. 

I can't forget it, he was part of that Celtics team that I fucking despised as well haha. KG, Paul Pierce just talking utter bullshit. Never has a team made so much political capital out of one NBA Championship than the '08 Celtics

Yeah, that's right. I'd have him at Centre all day long, lets you put Kuz at PF, Bron, Green & KCP. Though we have to keep him happy to get him to sign his contract in a few weeks time so will let him play PF and put Dwight or JaVale at Centre :lol:

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I can't forget it, he was part of that Celtics team that I fucking despised as well haha. KG, Paul Pierce just talking utter bullshit. Never has a team made so much political capital out of one NBA Championship than the '08 Celtics

Yeah, that's right. I'd have him at Centre all day long, lets you put Kuz at PF, Bron, Green & KCP. Though we have to keep him happy to get him to sign his contract in a few weeks time so will let him play PF and put Dwight or JaVale at Centre :lol:

Must say I think a large part of that is Paul Pierce, guy is an absolute tool 😂 watched a video of him last night trying to say he was better than DWade and Jalen Rose effectively slapped him back down with the stats. 

I might be a bit mad here but someone like Kelly Olynk playing Centre for the Heat could pose a new problem, means either AD or Dwight/Mcgee need to guard him against the perimeter freeing up the paint for the Heat, granted it will be easy boards for them but has the potential to grab a few points. 

11 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Must say I think a large part of that is Paul Pierce, guy is an absolute tool 😂 watched a video of him last night trying to say he was better than DWade and Jalen Rose effectively slapped him back down with the stats. 

I might be a bit mad here but someone like Kelly Olynk playing Centre for the Heat could pose a new problem, means either AD or Dwight/Mcgee need to guard him against the perimeter freeing up the paint for the Heat, granted it will be easy boards for them but has the potential to grab a few points. 

Kelly Olynyk is a good shout, he actually showed surprising 3 pt ability before his injury in the playoffs. Could be an option to match up against Dwight/Javale and match up Bam with AD, if he can get over his fitness issues. One thing they cannot do is put a half-fit Olynyk up against Dwight, who is still a very athletic centre

10 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Doc Rivers and the Clippers part ways, about time IMO and be interesting to see who they go for now, seen a crazy stat today that he has won the same amount of playoff series's in 7 years with the Clippers that Vogel has won in 1 year with the Lakers 😂 

The Clippers in chaos...you love to see it

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Kelly Olynyk is a good shout, he actually showed surprising 3 pt ability before his injury in the playoffs. Could be an option to match up against Dwight/Javale and match up Bam with AD, if he can get over his fitness issues. One thing they cannot do is put a half-fit Olynyk up against Dwight, who is still a very athletic centre

The Clippers in chaos...you love to see it

He has it in his locker to get hot from 3.but agreed they can't stick him in with Dwight even if he is only 90 percent fit as Dwight will terrorise him. 

Playoff P cheating on Docs daughter then getting him fired 😂 hilarious. 

I am pretty happy to see Butler put down a display like that, he was excellent. 

I really like him as a person, well on board with him being aware of how much a dick he can be. He is a total monster of personality on the court. 

Always found the narrative about him not being a top level star bullshit, he was going to get slated if the Heat had been swept which would have been such BS. 

On 05/10/2020 at 16:28, Dennis Reynolds said:

I am pretty happy to see Butler put down a display like that, he was excellent. 

I really like him as a person, well on board with him being aware of how much a dick he can be. He is a total monster of personality on the court. 

Always found the narrative about him not being a top level star bullshit, he was going to get slated if the Heat had been swept which would have been such BS. 

I like Jimmy Butler.

If it wasn't for Kawhi dicking us around last summer we were wanting him as our 3rd star but by the time Kawhi shafted us, Butler had gone to Miami. 

He was outstanding the other night but the Lakers defensive rotations were a shambles. Continually allowing KCP to guard him was embarrassing. 

3-1. Reasons why I'm confident we are winning a ring on Friday:

- we've had permission from the league to switch to the Black Mamba jerseys and we're 4-0 in those
- LeBron's record in close-out games is insane. He's 38-10
- we have AD

Absolutely buzzing. Have waited 10 years for this 

On 08/10/2020 at 10:59, psb07158 said:

3-1. Reasons why I'm confident we are winning a ring on Friday:

- we've had permission from the league to switch to the Black Mamba jerseys and we're 4-0 in those
- LeBron's record in close-out games is insane. He's 38-10
- we have AD

Absolutely buzzing. Have waited 10 years for this 

Lol

• 1 month later...