NBA

33 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Well that's Harden to the Nets for control in 7/8 drafts, Levert to Pacers, Allen to Cavs.

Rockets get Oladipo. Genuinely looks like a good deal for all, it'll be funny to see the Nets defend.

Looking at it just now its the Nets who have got the shit end of the stick, could of course be proved wrong but if Kyrie decides he just doesn't want to play anymore then they have just chucked away a chunk of there rotation when they could have just shipped Kyrie, it will be very interesting to watch nonetheless.

Everyone else is a winner IMO, Rockets get the draft picks plus some they gave up for CP3 and Russ, Pacers get Levert which could potentially see them make a run out the East and the Cavs keep playing it smart IMO, big fan of Allen think he will do well for them. 

34 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Looking at it just now its the Nets who have got the shit end of the stick, could of course be proved wrong but if Kyrie decides he just doesn't want to play anymore then they have just chucked away a chunk of there rotation when they could have just shipped Kyrie, it will be very interesting to watch nonetheless.

Everyone else is a winner IMO, Rockets get the draft picks plus some they gave up for CP3 and Russ, Pacers get Levert which could potentially see them make a run out the East and the Cavs keep playing it smart IMO, big fan of Allen think he will do well for them. 

Yeah it's really a win or bust. I don't think it can be as big a bust as the Pierce/Garnett one. But it could end really badly. Although Durant and Harden on their own are a fearsome combo.

8 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Yeah it's really a win or bust. I don't think it can be as big a bust as the Pierce/Garnett one. But it could end really badly. Although Durant and Harden on their own are a fearsome combo.

They certainly are, an interested Harden is still one of the greatest scorer's ever. 

The problem's may start to arise if Kyrie decides to show up again, KD can work off the ball but Harden and Kyrie both need the ball in there hands to be effective. 

54 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

They certainly are, an interested Harden is still one of the greatest scorer's ever. 

The problem's may start to arise if Kyrie decides to show up again, KD can work off the ball but Harden and Kyrie both need the ball in there hands to be effective. 

Even if Irving comes back think with those 3 on point would even blow away the Lakers at the moment. What's more likely is there are total meltdowns though and the Nets are ruined for years to come.

I would have been booking tickets tomorrow for a Nets game, a week of a couple of Nets games and a Knicks game would be the dream just now. The atmosphere at every one of the Nets game would have been an unreal they are a team that is going to be so easy for a lot of people to dislike, so much narrative around that team 

6 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I read that KD, Harden and Kyrie are 3 of the top 10 ball usage players in the entire league so how they will fit together is totally unclear. One of them will have to defer and accept a lessened role. There's no way that's going to be Kyrie and if you were coach, would you want KD to take a lesser role? No chance. 

Very interesting times ahead

5 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Even if Irving comes back think with those 3 on point would even blow away the Lakers at the moment. What's more likely is there are total meltdowns though and the Nets are ruined for years to come.

Serious question marks around whether Kyrie plays again this year (or ever). He clearly has significant mental health issues. He will get hammered by the NBA for breaking the COVID bubble too but the fact he hasn't even spoken to the Nets GM or Steve Nash about when he will be back speaks volumes about the level of respect he has for the organisation IMO

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would have been booking tickets tomorrow for a Nets game, a week of a couple of Nets games and a Knicks game would be the dream just now. The atmosphere at every one of the Nets game would have been an unreal they are a team that is going to be so easy for a lot of people to dislike, so much narrative around that team 

I went in December 2019 for my 30th, Nets v Nuggets at the Barclays Centre. Was a great game and brilliant to see guys like Allen and even Dinwiddie in person for the Nets and Jokic/Murray for the Nuggets. 

I want to try and get over to Staples for the first game fans are allowed in, if possible. Tickets will be like gold dust but what an occasion that will be to see number 17 lifted into the rafters 

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I read that KD, Harden and Kyrie are 3 of the top 10 ball usage players in the entire league so how they will fit together is totally unclear. One of them will have to defer and accept a lessened role. There's no way that's going to be Kyrie and if you were coach, would you want KD to take a lesser role? No chance. 

Very interesting times ahead. 

KD for me is the best off the ball but you are correct you don't want his role diminished in any way, it would never happen but it would be good if Harden or Kyrie accepted being the 6th man and take charge of the 2nd unit that way everyone gets usage of the ball. 

2 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

KD for me is the best off the ball but you are correct you don't want his role diminished in any way, it would never happen but it would be good if Harden or Kyrie accepted being the 6th man and take charge of the 2nd unit that way everyone gets usage of the ball. 

Likely they will all start but they will spread Irving and Harden so one is always on the floor. Plus Harden is meant to want to take less control. Whether he does or not is a different story.

Buzzing for this Nets game.

i actually think the Nets will be unreal (by playoffs time and it clicks)

i can see the 3 dropping ego in defiance and saying fuck the world, people will hate looking at the 3 with rings, that defiance might just win them rings. 

I love that top they have on tonight, I’ll have my Harden one in the post to me in weeks, it’s staunch as fuck. I love my Knicks but it’s a a classic jersey to pass up on that one tonight

As an aside KD is amazing like he’s so good, his step back shot is poetry it’s class to watch - his arms are mentally long 

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Mass found on Caris Levert's kidney, seriously hope the lad is ok.

Horrible news, really hope that it isn't serious / cancer

Well done to the Pacers medical staff for picking it up and hopefully it means that they can treat whatever it is and have him back healthy ASAP

You dread to think if he hadn't been traded, what could have happened as I don't think players are routinely put through MRIs on annual basis as part of their pre-season checks 

Watching the Knicks kick the absolute living shit out of Boston was so therapeutic after that dogs dinner of a day of sport. 

Then watching the Mavericks look like an absolute shit show against The Bulls, the Mavericks need to be careful with their movement, could see Luca sacking them off for a move, he is never winning a thing with KP as his two The Joker KP is not. 

Inside the NBA is amazing but Shaq can be a right dick at times, this exchange even if he thinks he is trying to motivate Mitchell is just awkward, he is well into just trending his brand, speaking Russian to Jokic last week then this, it has been a bit pish for him this season.

It is even weirder doing it after a stat line of 35 PTS, 5 REB, 5 AST, 5 3PT 

On 21/01/2021 at 12:50, psb07158 said:

The Nets big 3 gave up 147 points to the Cleveland Cavaliers

lmao

Sexton tore them apart the full overtime, especially Kyrie who he made look like an utter fud 😂 Nets need another Centre or some sort of presence in the paint as they will just get scored on at will with or without Deandre Jordan. 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Inside the NBA is amazing but Shaq can be a right dick at times, this exchange even if he thinks he is trying to motivate Mitchell is just awkward, he is well into just trending his brand, speaking Russian to Jokic last week then this, it has been a bit pish for him this season.

Always like watching inside the NBA but Shaq always comes across like a dick, the only time he doesn't is when he actually just talks Basketball as he is really knowledgeable. 

Charles Barkley on the other hand is a national treasure and should be treated as such over there. 

11 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Sexton tore them apart the full overtime, especially Kyrie who he made look like an utter fud 😂 Nets need another Centre or some sort of presence in the paint as they will just get scored on at will with or without Deandre Jordan. 

Aye, AD and Trezz will be licking their lips if they don't sign someone for that position. Can't just rely on scoring to win games, especially in the play-offs. 

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Aye, AD and Trezz will be licking their lips if they don't sign someone for that position. Can't just rely on scoring to win games, especially in the play-offs. 

Probably won't happen but I would love to see the Joker come up against them in a playoff setting, think he would have his way with them and then some, any Centre worth there salt will have a blast against them. 

20 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Probably won't happen but I would love to see the Joker come up against them in a playoff setting, think he would have his way with them and then some, any Centre worth there salt will have a blast against them. 

Could even see my own Pels running wild on them with Adams and Zion and that's saying something. If Adams could score on you, should be back to the drawing board.

10 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't think he meant any harm by that, I think he is trying to motivate Mitchell and that's the only way he knows how. I've watched loads about Shaq and his relationship with Kobe and a lot of their interactions were similar to this, to try and get the other motivated to improve quickly, but he is a dinosaur and doesn't understand these players anymore. I'm not sure that whole mindset really works anymore, you see LeBron playing the big brother role to a lot of the Lakers now and that's his leadership style rather than directly calling folk out