Josh Windass

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

It's not. Halliday has not given his full effort. Lazy backtracking from him a few times.

He's not good enough but I don't for one minute think its through lack of effort. He seems to get singled out more than the rest of the squad who have also been shite.

6 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

He's not good enough but I don't for one minute think its through lack of effort. He seems to get singled out more than the rest of the squad who have also been shite.

Halliday is a good footballer; I don't think he is good enough for one single reason, he plays at the most crucial part of the park and for the team, if the team has to make an impact on the park; even in the Championship he had that problem, and although he scored in the SC Final he still didn't do it in that match either. He had a good game in the Semi Final last year, but Dominic Ball and later Zelalem were the main difference that day. Worse players that Halliday have had good careers here, but not playing in Halliday's position. I like him, I also think he is more talented on his feet than he is given credit for, but not as a central midfielder or in any role through the middle.

Guest Lloyd72
19 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Shite patter

Gave his all but couldn't be fucked tracking his man in the semi final, couldn't be fucked tracking back at all this season, shit it out of every tackle and when he got tackled he would roll about on the ground till the physio came on. Did he fuck give his all

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Halliday is a good footballer; I don't think he is good enough for one single reason, he plays at the most crucial part of the park and for the team, if the team has to make an impact on the park; even in the Championship he had that problem, and although he scored in the SC Final he still didn't do it in that match either. He had a good game in the Semi Final last year, but Dominic Ball and later Zelalem were the main difference that day. Worse players that Halliday have had good careers here, but not playing in Halliday's position. I like him, I also think he is more talented on his feet than he is given credit for, but not as a central midfielder or in any role through the middle.

He wasn't the only one in the final tbf, absolute fucking shambles.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He wasn't the only one in the final tbf, absolute fucking shambles.

I agree, but his position is crucial to winning a game, and holding on to a lead etc. We were run over by their midfield that day. I know their striker scored, but their midfield was better than ours. 

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree, but his position is crucial to winning a game, and holding on to a lead etc. We were run over by their midfield that day. I know their striker scored, but their midfield was better than ours. 

They were better all over the park tbh, and had Ball not been suspended, it would have been the same set up as the Semi.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree probably in the minority but I still think he'd be a decent squad player to have. He plays well when he's running about harassing people rather than sitting in front of the defence trying to control the game with his passing. There's no doubt he's not good enough to do that.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They were better all over the park tbh, and had Ball not been suspended, it would have been the same set up as the Semi.

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I agree probably in the minority but I still think he'd be a decent squad player to have. He plays well when he's running about harassing people rather than sitting in front of the defence trying to control the game with his passing. There's no doubt he's not good enough to do that.

The team with the best midfield will win most matches, and will win the league; Walter always made sure our midfield was the best. If Caixinha has anything about him he will make sure our midfield is very strong for next season.

On 17/05/2017 at 8:30 PM, crabbit247 said:

i'll give him a lift to the train station. wee primadonna 

He is not a winner and never will be 

That is the problem with our club .We have trusted AM and MW to sign "nice "little players but neither have considered the old mantra of Walter Smith legend 

Having a spine of winners from goalkeeper to centre half to central midfield to stiker 

We are in such a total fucked up mess .Akin to 2004 when our team was full of dross and pussies ,probably much worse now

How anyone can think we can achieve anything in Scottish football without this is beyond me .Also ,how can anyone get enthusiastic about seeing injured players Danny Wlson and Niko in our teams next season .It is just depressing 

They were both fucking useless and as guilty of 80% of the others for the abortion of a season we have just had .They are not going to change us 

Ship them all fucking out 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

The team with the best midfield will win most matches, and will win the league; Walter always made sure our midfield was the best. If Caixinha has anything about him he will make sure our midfield is very strong for next season.

No I didn't read yours before I posted mine ?

I would keep Halliday as a squad player, but I would also make it clear he is way down the pecking order. Barjonas is head and shoulders above home and he has made 4 appearances for the club! If he has any professional pride he'll submit a transfer request and get a regular starting slot at a League 1 or 2 side down south.

He has looked lazy and like he doesn't care at times. Should be busting a gut every minute he plays, but chooses to think he has made it rather than actually making it.

4 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I would keep Halliday as a squad player, but I would also make it clear he is way down the pecking order. Barjonas is head and shoulders above home and he has made 4 appearances for the club! If he has any professional pride he'll submit a transfer request and get a regular starting slot at a League 1 or 2 side down south.

He has looked lazy and like he doesn't care at times. Should be busting a gut every minute he plays, but chooses to think he has made it rather than actually making it.

I'd keep him as a mascot for Broxi to use as a punch bag as part of pre match entertainment.

37 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He is not a winner and never will be 

That is the problem with our club .We have trusted AM and MW to sign "nice "little players but neither have considered the old mantra of Walter Smith legend 

Having a spine of winners from goalkeeper to centre half to central midfield to stiker 

We are in such a total fucked up mess .Akin to 2004 when our team was full of dross and pussies ,probably much worse now

How anyone can think we can achieve anything in Scottish football without this is beyond me .Also ,how can anyone get enthusiastic about seeing injured players Danny Wlson and Niko in our teams next season .It is just depressing 

They were both fucking useless and as guilty of 80% of the others for the abortion of a season we have just had .They are not going to change us 

Ship them all fucking out 

I am worried that pedro wants to build a squad around kranjcar.......

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

If people think Josh Windass and Barrie McKay should be given a chance in a team if we acquire better players then according to others we have fallen head over heels about them? At his best McKay is one of the best in this league, and Windass has potential. It's very reasonable to think this. 

Aye, but only if you're on the medication you're on.

3 hours ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Don't know about that. Yesterday it seemed to be that his first thought was to turn and drive up the park or cut inside on a run and done it a few times. He was playing good one twos with the front players and getting forward

Yesterday was a totally meaningless game with no pressure on; Windass turning up for that one, but not for the Old Firm or sheep games, has nought to do with the players around him, and everything to do with his own mentality. 

24 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Yesterday was a totally meaningless game with no pressure on; Windass turning up for that one, but not for the Old Firm or sheep games, has nought to do with the players around him, and everything to do with his own mentality. 

Just like every other senior player then.