Mark Allen new DoF?

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

MAN IN CHARGE 

Rangers appoint Manchester City academy director Mark Allen as Director of Football, according to reports

The Welshman will work alongside Gers boss Pedro Caixinha as the Portuguese boss continues his Ibrox revolution

By Robert Collins

14th June 2017, 8:07 pm

Updated: 14th June 2017, 8:11 pM  

RANGERS have reportedly appointed Manchester City academy director Mark Allen as their new Director of Football.

The Welshman will work alongside Gers boss Pedro Caixinha as the Portuguese boss continues his revolution.

Mark Allen is reportedly Rangers’ new Director of Football

Allen has overseen the progression of Manchester City‘s youth set-up in recent years.

But according to the Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law, Allen will now head for Ibrox after eight years at the Etihad.

He joins Rangers as they continue their massive rebuild, having already signed FIVE players this summer with more on the way.

Allen’s new role will likely require him to work with Caixinha on identifying transfer targets.

And he may even take a role in working alongside the current academy staff at the club.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think he'll be doing more than just working with youth players mate hopefully he helps with signing first team players too

That's what I mean, young players that ain't getting the breaks in their own first team come here and get that break. The amount of talented youth that never get the break for big teams is ridiculous and something that Allen can tap into. 18-20 year olds that are ready for first team.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

That's what I mean, young players that ain't getting the breaks in their own first team come here and get that break. The amount of talented youth that never get the break for big teams is ridiculous and something that Allen can tap into. 18-20 year olds that are ready for first team.

I like Brentford's system they completely scrapped their youth system and used the money they save from it to bring in young promising players from teams like Chelsea where they would never get a chance

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I like Brentford's system they completely scrapped their youth system and used the money they save from it to bring in young promising players from teams like Chelsea where they would never get a chance

Could see young billy return some time in the future, if that's the way we go 

11 hours ago, Ryan_1 said:

Wish this would stop becoming public. 

Can we not have someone doing a similar job in the background? All this nonsense surrounding the DoF is a ready made excuse for any troubles in terms of form or poor signings during the season.

Can hear Sutton, Stewart and Craigan lapping it up already.  

It won't be long now til we wipe the smile off their smarmy faces....

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Sounds promising.

A little off topic but did Wallace not work for MTV then City. Probably just coincidence and they probably never crossed paths anyway.

He did, also worked for IMG.

Could be Alaistair Johnston has had a say in this?

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2013/11/21/People-and-Pop-Culture/Rangers-CEO.aspx

Fantastic contacts , well respected overall a great appointment .

breaking players into the city team when they've got the cash behind them as well as changing managers is incredibly difficult . The set up at city has meant that  both Allen and Lee Carsley, who did manage the u18's,  were in demand but for other reasons Carsley would be managing a club by now . 

The change in role is always going to be a test but trust me this bloke knows a lot of people within the game both at clubs and the broader set up . 

The club deserve a lot of credit for their actions this closed season . 

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

is this a done deal yet,daily record this morning saying it is still being considered?

From City's side it's all but done. They're the ones who disclosed about him coming here as they wanted him to stay on. Nothing has come out from our camp, which I've been absolutely delighted about. Nothing leaking until he is pictured at Ibrox holding the scarf aloft, the way things should be.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

From City's side it's all but done. They're the ones who disclosed about him coming here as they wanted him to stay on. Nothing has come out from our camp, which I've been absolutely delighted about. Nothing leaking until he is pictured at Ibrox holding the scarf aloft, the way things should be.

Definitely not true.

1 minute ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Never heard of him

I hope he can take the step up

Well respected and sought after within the European u20s elite. Think he can step up to the job we need him to do quite easily. Think we will become a bigger attraction to sign for within the big youth teams in Europe with him coming here.