how old is too old?

7 hours ago, FSM said:

Anyone over the age of 18 wearing a football top when not 1) Playing football or 2) Watching Rangers should have a long, hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if this is the kind of person they really want to be. Guys cutting around on holiday with a football top on should be shot on sight for their own good.

Tend to agree with you,wearing a football top on holiday is something I havent done since I was in my late 20s,always knew it but finally realised it's too bloody hot to wear one 

Always pish myself at the amount of sweaty tarriers cutting about abroad with the green and grey,maybe they can't afford a tattoo that says,look at me I'm a fud, though 

I work a lot at airports and never fail to see at least one of them strutting about with the rag on

Nearly pissed myself at Glasgow airport one day a guy of about 40 was with his 2 boys and all 3 had full kit on,was dying to take a pic but unfortunately for security reasons taking pics is banned ,woulda made a crack in meme

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, FSM said:

Anyone over the age of 18 wearing a football top when not 1) Playing football or 2) Watching Rangers should have a long, hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if this is the kind of person they really want to be. Guys cutting around on holiday with a football top on should be shot on sight for their own good.

This attitude I find strange albeit it seems not uncommon but only with particular tops.  Before I go on, I'm older that the OP but I wear a Gers top playing football and going to Rangers games.  I sometimes wear a top when on holiday but then I don't usually take holidays in the popular resorts so nobody takes much notice.   .   

Now back on my response to this poster FSM, I would doubt very much if you would be so anti-football top if it was some unknown or even just lesser known and less obvious team.  People say nothing about other sports club tops such as US football, baseball and ice hockey.  

FUCK THE FASHION POLICE! WEAR YOUR RANGERS TOP WHENEVER, WHEREVER,  YOU WANT.

WHETHER YOU'RE 6 OR 66, WEAR IT WITH PRIDE. FUCK THE HATERS!

Once you reach a certain age, you no longer worry about being fashionable, in your dress sense. Just look all around you. There's pensioners wearing trainers and a suit. Don't give a fuck what other people think, it's a free country,dress as you please, and FUCK THE HATERS!

Ive seen a couple of guys in tops in random places in the last few days, one in Brentwood and one in Chingford, if I spot them in time I can give it a "mon the Rangers" out the window, usually gets a staunch raised fist in return.

I'd be more inclined to wear a Rangers top, or merchandise, now I live in London (32).

When living in Glasgow city centre it just wasn't worth the potential bother, match day or not. Which is a bit ridiculous feeling like you can't wear something with a team badge without the potential of getting hassled by some bigoted moron. 

It's totally normal in any other city to wear tops, jackets or hats with your teams badge on. 

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

. Now back on my response to this poster FSM, I would doubt very much if you would be so anti-football top if it was some unknown or even just lesser known and less obvious team.  People say nothing about other sports club tops such as US football, baseball and ice hockey.  

To be fair I specifically said football tops, and I do mean ALL football tops regardless of team or location, but I take your point that it's more likely to be a case of familiarity breeding contempt when it comes to seeing people in Scottish football tops rather than tops from other European football leagues. 

Wear your top whenever and wherever you please.

If it means having to look at one less rag on the street then that's fine by me.

Guys slating people for wearing a top should have a look at themselves ffs, probably the same handwringers telling you what to sing and do at the games. Who are you to judge and look down your nose at people?

Who needs enemies with friends like these.