Lee Wallace

gsa

These days does he really

.......visibly and audibly lead by example on the pitch?

.......defend consistently well?

.......inspire confidence?

......provide commanding leadership when things get tough?

......still earn the right to be captain (or even earn the right to be first pick full back)?

I don't think so.   He's served well enough but his status in reputation and name far exceeds his present-day abilities and imo he never ever had enough leadership quality to be captain of Rangers. 

16 minutes ago, Malvern said:

In a heartbeat I would.

We don't know how good or commanding he'll be once he arrives that's the thing. On paper, he'd 100% be my choice but it's a case of seeing how he does when he eventually starts training with the squad. 

Very ordinary player and never a rangers captain , we've to bow to him coz he was on 10 to 15 grand a week in division 3 fucking shame eh , Clint hill captained the side last season and big Bruno will this 

Been saying it for ages. He's an imposter. Never a captain in his life. I seen some idiot the other day say he has been given the captaincy by all these different managers so can't be doing a bad job, completely ignoring the fact, all these managers were duds who were chased from the job for being rotten themselves! Sooner we get rid of shite like Wallace the better. 

Just now, M-89 said:

We don't know how good or commanding he'll be once he arrives that's the thing. On paper, he'd 100% be my choice but it's a case of seeing how he does when he eventually starts training with the squad. 

He cannot be worse than Lee, where was he tonight in after match reactions? Did he run up to the ref and get in his face when our player was taken out in the box by their keeper?

Nah he was running up and down the left touchline doing fuck all. As someone mentioned in another thread, Rossiter was doing more shouting to get people moving, that's his fucking job, if he can't do it fuck off.

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Absolute weirdos that consider him a legend, but why do some many people care who wears an armband each game fs.

Its a symbolic gesture and actually means nothing. 

Captains can pull the ref up and vice versa, they are important. The also instil fire in the belly, would Lee do that for you? He would be great on my insomnia DVD to help me go to sleep though, I did on 35 mins watching him play.

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

He cannot be worse than Lee, where was he tonight in after match reactions? Did he run up to the ref and get in his face when our player was taken out in the box by their keeper?

Nah he was running up and down the left touchline doing fuck all. As someone mentioned in another thread, Rossiter was doing more shouting to get people moving, that's his fucking job, if he can't do it fuck off.

I do agree with everything you've said about Wallace. I just hope Alves is the one to take the armband and actually act like a Rangers captain.  

giphy.gif

He's dug shite. I've been saying it on here for years and watched people constantly defending him.

Literally the only thing he's done that he's still living off of is the fact that he stayed when we went down to the 3rd division and I honestly wish he hadn't fucking bothered.

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Captains can pull the ref up and vice versa, they are important. The also instil fire in the belly, would Lee do that for you? He would be great on my insomnia DVD to help me go to sleep though, I did on 35 mins watching him play.

Every single player can pull up the ref.

If it's an armband that "instils fire in the belly" then we'd be as well giving the whole squad one.

At fault for the first goal as he let Windass track his player in the LB position and then jumped like a 12 yr old with his back to the ball. 

The scond goal we should have had a wall  not Wallace standing on his own like a wall    Pick a man up or make a wall  don't stand doing neither ffs

I feel like a broken record when it comes to him. But you look at the amount of goals we concede from that left back position it's incredible