Scotland's Gallant Few

Escobar

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

It's quite catchy. I'd never heard it before until the square in Luxembourg. A great trip until the football match :lol: .

It's fine until it gets to that whoa-whoa-whoa part then it sounds like Crocodile Rock - might as well just do the Naaaaaaa, Na-na-na-na-naaaa's from it :lol:

And yeah, it's a fucking pity the match wasn't still to come and happened when it did.
If we'd have had the team available to us from the past couple friendlies, I like to think things would've went a lot different.

59 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I get this and I remember wanting other Scottish teams (except one) playing in Europe to do well but those days are long gone. Their recent hatred of us has made me hate them even more so. 

Seeing a midget police officer pull out a baton for sod all on my boy  at the cup final when the hivs were running amok killed any support I had for the police (prick is lucky one of his superiors saw sense otherwise he was getting it shoved it up his arse).

I haven't given up on everything Scottish but I'm not far from it.

I along with my old man and family were the same, Rangers and Scotland and all Scottish teams in Europe(Except the East end fuckers)...not now though.  My wee granny who has long gone, knew the script, only kind of swore when talking about labour and the snp...called them fenian b's. That's as close as she would get to swearing. She was also the same any time the scum carried out an atrocity on our people and at the sight of adams having a voice over on the news.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

WHOSE THAT TEAM THEY CALL THE RANGERS

Some people say that Real Madrid's
The greatest football team
I've even heard the Anderlecht
The best they've ever seen
There's Manchester United
And Tottenham Hotspur too
There's Derby, Chelsea Blackburn
Just to name a famous few

But who's that team they call the Rangers
Who's that team they all adore
They're the boys in royal blue
And they're Scotlands galant few
And they're out to show the world what they can do

So bring on the Hibs the Hearts the Celtic
Bring on Spaniards by the score
Barcelona, Real Madrid they will make a gallant bid
For we're out to show the world what we can do ...... I remember we always sang this line ..... "But you'll know the only reason that we roar" .... as it rhymed with score.

So here's a health tae Glasgow Rangers,
Here's a health frae me tae you,
And let's hope that every game,
Will immortalize the name
Of the boys who wear,
The famous royal blue.

ulsterman

Date registered10.29.2010

:UK:

PS:- And yes it was a different era all together ... where even the sash was a firm favourite sung at Hampden loud and proud ... and most of the Scotland team were Rangers players .... :tu:

A man amongst men

7 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

we are scotlands gallant few

fuck the pope and big jock knew

:tu:

"If I had a tommy gun ... I'd shoot every fenian H** ...

Just for walking on the Queen's highway"

Was another wee varied line introduced into that song too .... :lol:

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

"If I had a tommy gun ... I'd shoot every fenian H** ...

Just for walking on the Queen's highway"

Was another wee varied line introduced into that song too .... :lol:

Used to have the song on a single back in the day --- better than that youtube shite posted above.:whistle:

4 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Presbyterians are too fucking kind.

Us 'Wee Free's' kept ourselves to ourselves. We never help anybody except our own, and even then it's the minimal amount we can, morally, get away with. 

We get on well with the Irish. We buy their 'lucky white heather,' and their wooden clothes pegs, because at least they're trying to earn a living, not being a burden of the state.

4 hours ago, Supersonic said:

It's fine until it gets to that whoa-whoa-whoa part then it sounds like Crocodile Rock - might as well just do the Naaaaaaa, Na-na-na-na-naaaa's from it :lol:

And yeah, it's a fucking pity the match wasn't still to come and happened when it did.
If we'd have had the team available to us from the past couple friendlies, I like to think things would've went a lot different.

Think it's class. Imagine the whole of ibrox going bonkers to it? Mind the Atletico Madrid fans singing it as their bus arrived at Stamford Bridge. Tune stuck in my head ever since