Kenny Miller - I've had enough of him.

graeme_4

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another shameful fucking thread! 

To translate the OP.

every striker must convert every chance, all attempted tricks must work and as  any defeat must be blamed on someone, blame someone based of rumours of being a mole.

this place goes mental after a defeat - it's one thing discussing merits but this constant hate fest is fucking embarrasing as a support. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To translate the OP.

every striker must convert every chance, all attempted tricks must work and as  any defeat must be blamed on someone, blame someone based of rumours of being a mole.

this place goes mental after a defeat - it's one thing discussing merits but this constant hate fest is fucking embarrasing as a support. 

Fuck up.

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To translate the OP.

We're rangers fans used to winning, we go mental after getting beat by shite like hibs with magregor Whittaker and ambrose as a defence, 3rd rate nothing's .more embarrassing "is the the team hasn't settled yet,"same shite always gets peddled every year,funny how hibs settled fine .i said before the season started we wouldn't get 9 points from the first three games and low and behold that's right,

having said all that a decent manager would be looking for a left and right back,and we wouldn't be losing goals in every game we play,and we would be not a bad side,at least hard to beat

21 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To translate the OP.

Why do you never post anything about tactics, team selection, transfers or anything constructive at all?

I did not expect Kenny to be starting games this season, but he does not pick the team so it is hardly his blame.

I also cannot understand why Pedro let's him leave his position so much, surely that would be easy to fix.  

The Stokesy quote after the way that wanker played against us on Sat was stupid to say the least. 

15 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Why do you never post anything about tactics, team selection, transfers or anything constructive at all?

He's a troll, nothing more, he's taken a post effectively saying Miller is past it and translated that to "every striker must convert every chance" if he had a reasonable view he'd see how harmful Miller is in breaking up our own attacks but he'd rather jump on an opportunity to disagree with everyone again in dramatic and exaggerated fashion. 

53 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To translate the OP.

It's not shameful at all, if you read my post you'll see that I posted 6 months ago complaining about him, and have done even when we've won. It's not reactionary. I've been consistent in it. 

I've complained about his ability, and attitude for the best part of a year. 

He has blown two guilt edge chances at 1-0 in the last two league games, and we've gone on to struggle - it's a fact. It's not up for debate. 

Now off the park he's throwing team mates under the bus, as well as referring to his pals 'Stokesy' and 'Lenny'. 

You'll note I'm not going after Pedro, or the majority of players who I think are progressing reasonably (in contrast to some who disagree). I back the team and manager consistently, and he throws his team mates and manager under the bus.

He's either furthering his own agenda, or he's thick and / or inexperienced with the media? You tell me. 

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Just think Pele, 1970 and that outrageous dummy on the goalie. Never seen better just a shame he missed the goal after or it would have been one of the great goals of all time.

He made a cunt of it, boy just didn't have enough skill to do a proper dummy.

A forward approaching 38 not having a flawless game is hardly a massive surprise. The mishandling of the media and being too friendly with tarriers is an issue we've had with so many players and ex-players including ones who are meant to be lifelong Rangers men

Said on another thread yesterday no-one at all is above criticism but the way some seem to be jumping so enthusiastically on Miller really comes across like they're always just waiting for an excuse because of his past

I hope the same folk are as bothered about any talk of Naismith coming back because what he did and said was far worse and far more hurtful, in my view anyway

Quite often seems to happen these days that when players are playing poorly it becomes a broad character assassination. 

Kenny's been great for us over the years. He's shite now, should be dropped and probably shouldn't have had another season. 

That's about the size of it in my view.

I'm honestly not bothered by age, previous clubs, how he's left / returned previously.

All I'm interested in is how positive an impact he makes in his position, and how that compares to what I expect and how I compare that to others in this league. 

I assess him as a Rangers number 9.

For me a general expectation is 30 plus goals, about half that in assists. Some 9s are poachers, others do the donkey work so I take that into account. But goals and assists are bread and butter, same way I consider goals against when I consider keepers/ defenders.

As I see it the return is poor. Last season he got half if what I expect. So far this season it's a similar trend. He's had starts, minutes, and scoring opportunities. 1 in 3 to 4 games isn't acceptable. Comparing him to other scorers in this league and there's far too many even at provincial teams demonstrating more firepower as a goal scorer.

I don't care about age,  he could be 50 for all I care if scoring, but he is now laboured. He tires as the game progresses and can't give more than 50 to 60 mins.

I'm frustrated by regular evidence of blaming others, visibly throwing tantrums, slowing down breaks, losing possession and generally not having a positive impact other than meagre goals and assists.

I don't see his leadership, I don't see forwards looking up to and learning from what he does on the park. Hes rarely motm.

I want him dropped for Morelos, and think it could be a defining moment if Pedro sticks by him. Dropping him into midfield isn't fair on him as he's just not capable in there. Sat we were 2 men down but that's on Pedro.

Like the OP, I've been consistent and didn't want him offered a new contract. This isn't knee jerk and i feel is objective in argument.

Morelos must be our 1st pick and we need at least another forward in soon or we'll really struggle especially if Morelos loses form or gets injured.

But Miller is part of our problem not our solution.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To translate the OP.

giphy-35.gif

6 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Reminds me a bit of Ferguson in the way that he gives the players around him the blame for every one of his mistakes as well.

Ferguson was a Player though Miller not so much decent to an extent but should not be leading the line now.

The manager brought in Herrera and Morelos.   The first an experienced international player with 9 caps and 3 international goals albeit his club goal scoring record is not much to enthuse about.   The second a prolific goal scorer with his last club and has already netted three for us with not much by way of first team game time, but its encouraging.

Neither have been selected as starting strikers thus far with Miller being favoured as a first pick.   I can only assume this is because the manager is trying to find a way to progressively introduce Hererra and Morelos to the backwater hostility of Scottish football alongside an experienced player who can, in theory, help them on the pitch.    But surely the time must come soon on the learning curve of 'here's how Scottish backwater in your face football is played' when Herrera and Morelos can be let loose from the start of a game without their on-pitch mentor Miller.  And Miller then steps into the role of sub or starting when one or the other of Herrera or Morelos is not fit or suspended.

That aside though, running through the season with striking options of Herrerra, Morelos, Miller and Hardie does not seem strong enough to produce the goals needed for the side to be much more competitive than last season.   I still think we are short of at least one good quality striker.   Maybe its going to be down to the loan market for solutions but if Pedro thinks he can have a successful season with only that quartet of strikers to call on then he sees way more potential in them for goals than I do.    

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

We're rangers fans used to winning, we go mental after getting beat by shite like hibs with magregor Whittaker and ambrose as a defence, 3rd rate nothing's .more embarrassing "is the the team hasn't settled yet,"same shite always gets peddled every year,funny how hibs settled fine .i said before the season started we wouldn't get 9 points from the first three games and low and behold that's right,

having said all that a decent manager would be looking for a left and right back,and we wouldn't be losing goals in every game we play,and we would be not a bad side,at least hard to beat

All fair enough and not once did you resort to extreme rhetoric! It's the whole hate this, cunt that- especially in threads like this about Miller who has done well for us and continues to do so.