Pedro feeling Stronger than ever

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am willing to judge him on competitive games this Season, therefore Europe was a massive negative, Dunfermline a positive but tempered by them being Championship level, albeit they have had very good results this season.

Both Motherwell and Hibs games left me with mixed emotions. Motherwell - looked good in spells but got it wrong tactically to almost drop points. Hibs - first 15 minutes was a good performance (I know only 1/6 of game) then let them into the game.  We will never know if we could have played like that in other stages of the game due to Red card and multiple yellows.. Worrying point for me was his response. Firstly he does not bring on another midfielder and dropping Miller into midfield and Hibs take control and no surprise they scored again before HT. Then his HT changes, I can get the 3 at the back but not addressing the fact we had lost midfield and leaving Miller in there bringing on Herrera and then when he did change it again (after losing a 3rd goal) bringing on Pena who has never kicked a ball for us at that point so not the right time to introduce him. Was he afraid to put either Krancjar or Rossiter on in a kicking match in case they got injured.

In summary there are some green shoots of what could be a good team but he has still to convince me he can handle demands of making the correct tactical decisions when required.

1 hour ago, He's blue he's white said:

Just out of interest do you love anything?  Not just in life in general terms...But Rangers related?  

At the moment? the Loyalist fan base ... the midfield pairing of Dorrans/Jack and Alves at the back.

I dislike the manager and I fucking despise the board & the fan mouth-pieces (although I've been pleased with Club1872 recently) 

I have a feeling reading between the lines of that you are questioning my love for Rangers because I am vocal in criticism towards Pedro. Don't fall into that trap. I don't need to justify my love for Rangers to anyone - it's because of this that second-rate people running my football club makes me so loud. I don't need to prove my supporter credentials to anyone, either. Anyone that knows me knows.

Year after year season after season manager after manager Rangers cant produce a football team capable of beating Hearts Hibs Aberdeen or celtic this results in lowlife scumbags swaggering and smirking in and out of the main door at Ibrox and looking forward to doing it again the next time. World Class training facilities World class stadium hundreds of thousands of fans worldwide and Rangers are unable to produce a capable football. Seems a bit odd doesnt it.

I'm fed up blaming SFA  SPFL Bheasts SNP IRA Referees Glasgow City Council etc. I blame Rangers. With all the resources Rangers consistently fail to deliver and its the fans who take the flak. Rangers doesn't give a fuck that you and me on an almost daily basis at work, in the pub , in the neighbourhood  have to put up with jeers and ridicule. Do we ever hear an apology to supporters from the Club?  

Even the other day just after being humiliated at Ibrox by low life scumbags  Rangers decide to advertise a tour of a Graveyard on matchdays. eh????. Bet the bheasts were having a right laugh at that..  A capable football team results in low life scumbags crawling back under rocks. Its that simple it really is.

Dave Dave do you gettit.

1 minute ago, standup said:

Year after year season after season manager after manager Rangers cant produce a football team capable of beating Hearts Hibs Aberdeen or celtic this results in lowlife scumbags swaggering and smirking in and out of the main door at Ibrox and looking forward to doing it again the next time. World Class training facilities World class stadium hundreds of thousands of fans worldwide and Rangers are unable to produce a capable football. Seems a bit odd doesnt it.

I'm fed up blaming SFA  SPFL Bheasts SNP IRA Referees Glasgow City Council etc. I blame Rangers. With all the resources Rangers consistently fail to deliver and its the fans who take the flak. Rangers doesn't give a fuck that you and me on an almost daily basis at work, in the pub , in the neighbourhood  have to put up with jeers and ridicule. Do we ever hear an apology to supporters from the Club?  

Even the other day just after being humiliated at Ibrox by low life scumbags  Rangers decide to advertise a tour of a Graveyard on matchdays. eh????. Bet the bheasts were having a right laugh at that..  A capable football team results in low life scumbags crawling back under rocks. Its that simple it really is.

Dave Dave do you gettit.

Bingo, mate.

The buck and responsibilities stop with us.

The other stuff you mention, all they do is get gratification from our failures ... the key being "our" failures. They are scummy bastards, but there's only so much they can do if we are winning and putting them in their place on the park. 

The scary thing is if Pedro fails like the last two managers we'll be back to square one again,another rebuilding process and more time lost in trying to catch up with the beasts.

The buck has to stop with those who appointed Pedro this time if he fails but I just prey it doesn't come to that and the manager can get it right this time.

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

The scary thing is if Pedro fails like the last two managers we'll be back to square one again,another rebuilding process and more time lost in trying to catch up with the beasts.

The buck has to stop with those who appointed Pedro this time if he fails but I just prey it doesn't come to that and the manager can get it right this time.

I disagree with that to be honest mate - for all Pedro's faults, I think he's bought wisely this time. I think if a new manager comes in there won't be the big rebuild needed, just a wee tweaks here and there.

If there's anything we should have learned over the past few years, it's that talk is cheap and means absolutely nothing when it comes down to it. I'm certainly not convinced by the manager, and I'm not buying any of the excuses being used to defend his record so far. Personally, I'm almost certain he's a lame duck, but I do hope he makes me eat my words. 

17 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Spot on. Kings 3 man panel of supposed experts. Is it Park, Dickson and Robertson, not a football brain between them. 

When Pedro fails there is definitely something there for a new man to work with but it has to be someone with pedigree, who knows what he is doing and whom instantly commands respect from fans and players alike. In all honesty, Pedro was a joke appointment. 

4 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I imagine the headline has taken Pedro's words out-of-context, but if not, he needs to shut the fuck up.

Under that cunt, we've handed them a place in a Cup final, been humiliated 5-1 in an Old Firm game at Ibrox and lost our 20+ years old record at home to Aberdeen. It's mid-fucking August and already, we've been put out of Europe in Scotland's most humiliating result on the continent and Neil fucking Lennon's newly-promoted Hibs have beaten us.

We are garbage.

Caixinha has filled his squad with shite. Over the course of the season, Candeias, Cardoso, Morelos and Hererra will prove to be le Guen-like signings while Jack will show he doesn't have the mental capacity to player for Rangers and sadly, Dorrans will probably end up the same way Andy Halliday did; hated through bitterness generated by underperformance and humiliation on the pitch.

Shite, shite, shite. I'm starting to think I should actually just accept it now, it's gone on that long.

There's something in how we're setting up that's not right & not getting the best out of players.

Even the 2 guys who seem to be quite highly regarded were all over the place at Hivs first on Saturday - it looked as if we still had Kiernan & Senderos at CB.

Seems like we can make anybody look shite nowadays - shame it's our players, not the oppositions.

Never made the game Saturday sadly due to a wedding but reading between the lines the ref was shite if not crooked and regardless of what anybody says, sending offs change matches, I'm firmly in the Pedro camp, it's too easy to look inward for a scrape goat, how about "altogether now, the cry was no surrender"?  Whatever happened to the altogether bit? I like the look of the squad and it has potential but we need to stick together ffs. Don't do the job of the haters ???

Thing is we can't hang about this season and wait to see if Pedro comes good, how many points could we have fallen behind by then ? I think Saturday is huge, must win as they all are , but if we don't, big questions will be hanging over Pedro, im sure he knows this .

11 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

Never made the game Saturday sadly due to a wedding but reading between the lines the ref was shite if not crooked and regardless of what anybody says, sending offs change matches, I'm firmly in the Pedro camp, it's too easy to look inward for a scrape goat, how about "altogether now, the cry was no surrender"?  Whatever happened to the altogether bit? I like the look of the squad and it has potential but we need to stick together ffs. Don't do the job of the haters ???

I don't get this to be honest mate - the haters are happy with the job Pedro is doing and would rather he stayed forever? 

2 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

Said who?

If you ask any Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen fan (if they had the choice) of Pedro staying or we look for someone else I bet you my life they say Pedro to stay. A lot of comments on the Celtic and Hibs boards backs that up too about them wanting him to stay with us for a long time. 

I wanted Delia to stay and Mowbray too. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I don't get this to be honest mate - the haters are happy with the job Pedro is doing and would rather he stayed forever? 

The guys deffo up for fighting our corner, he's got shot of the shite from last year more clinically than I've ever witnessed before and he's got the potential team to move us forward, I don't get the apprehension.  Fair do's, we've had some shite results last season and preseason but he's wearing our tie so has my support until he proves it otherwise.

3 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

The guys deffo up for fighting our corner, he's got shot of the shite from last year more clinically than I've ever witnessed before and he's got the potential team to move us forward, I don't get the apprehension.  Fair do's, we've had some shite results last season and preseason but he's wearing our tie so has my support until he proves it otherwise.

That's fair enough. I don't mind anyone wanting to give him more time. I don't see the need myself but I wouldn't tell anyone they can't think that - my gripe is the excuse making I see and the stuff trotted out.

There's some people that say they acknowledge the shockers but still think it's unfair to get rid of now which I totally respect but no-one can try and dress up some of the results to me. I just cannae buy it.

To be a flippant bastard for a second (and the risk of sounding like a total dick) I could wear a club tie and fight our corner - doesn't make me a good manager :cheers:

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

If you ask any Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen fan (if they had the choice) of Pedro staying or we look for someone else I bet you my life they say Pedro to stay. A lot of comments on the Celtic and Hibs boards backs that up too about them wanting him to stay with us for a long time. 

I wanted Delia to stay and Mowbray too. 

Don't mingle with Aberdeen, hibs or Celtic fans but my point stands. The guys just in the door, trying to make changes, getting tuned into the lingo but we are two games into the league? I'm still optimistic believe it or not ?

Just now, bluenose1975 said:

Don't mingle with Aberdeen, hibs or Celtic fans but my point stands. The guys just in the door, trying to make changes, getting tuned into the lingo but we are two games into the league? I'm still optimistic believe it or not ?

I don't mingle with them either, but wanted to make the point anyway.

It's OK saying it's 2 games in the league but but it's been 4 competitive ties he's failed the two biggest ones already and that's before getting started on last season.

Again, like a said in my other comment if your optimistic that's fair enough. I've no issue, each to their own. At least you acknowledged the bad results in your other post which is more than some others. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's fair enough. I don't mind anyone wanting to give him more time. I don't see the need myself but I wouldn't tell anyone they can't think that - my gripe is the excuse making I see and the stuff trotted out.

There's some people that say they acknowledge the shockers but still think it's unfair to get rid of now which I totally respect but no-one can try and dress up some of the results to me. I just cannae buy it.

To be a flippant bastard for a second (and the risk of sounding like a total dick) I could wear a clue tie and fight our corner - doesn't make me a good manager :cheers:

What's burned ye bud, the manner of the defeat at home last year to the fenians, the sheep or the euro result?  Or do ye just no fancy him to drive us forward?  Personally, I suffered all three no doubt like yersel but can't help but remain positive otherwise why bother? 

Just now, bluenose1975 said:

What's burned ye bud, the manner of the defeat at home last year to the fenians, the sheep or the euro result?  Or do ye just no fancy him to drive us forward?  Personally, I suffered all three no doubt like yersel but can't help but remain positive otherwise why bother? 

Aye that's fair enough bud it just depends on your outlook I just think we are going down a certain path again. 

Pedro was a gamble hired by a 3-man football panel that don't have the first clue about football let alone a club the size of Rangers, on a reccomendation from Pedro Mendes and hired off the back of a power-point presentation and talking a good game. It was a gamble then at a time we needed the most solid appointment in our history and he's done nothing so far (for me) to think the gamble has paid off (or will pay off) .. how can I think otherwise when he's failed every single test laid out in front of him? I do get your optimistic and would never try and talk anyone into being pessamistic but personally I can't see it myself. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with a lot of that but it's part and parcel of being a manager of one of the Old Firm. There's an unreal amount of focus on you. Good managers handle it.

I was a bit embarrassed when he said the other day demanding respect and saying he get's treated differently from everyone else - the reason for that is the pish he spouts mate. Remember him having a go at McInnes out of nothing in the media saying Derek wants his job and Aberdeen are on decline etc ... he makes a lot of these problems for himself that plays a wee bit of a victim card to justify his WATP pish in his next conference. 

I don't, as you know, live in Scotland but do you honestly think Delia got it as hard from the media as Pedro does and Brenda seems to be adored by the current crap of Scottish journos.  That aside, he can easily remove some of the pressure with a run of good results, I also think the JJ appointment was an error as he'd have been better with someone who knows the club AND the media.  

Just now, K.A.I said:

Aye that's fair enough bud it just depends on your outlook I just think we are going down a certain path again. 

Pedro was a gamble hired by a 3-man football panel that don't have the first clue about football let alone a club the size of Rangers, on a reccomendation from Pedro Mendes and hired off the back of a power-point presentation and talking a good game. It was a gamble then at a time we needed the most solid appointment in our history and he's done nothing so far (for me) to think the gamble has paid off (or will pay off) .. how can I think otherwise when he's failed every single test laid out in front of him? I do get your optimistic and would never try and talk anyone into being pessamistic but personally I can't see it myself. 

Agree about the importance of the appointment and I was in the de boer camp too but it never went that way so we get behind the man and hope it comes good. No doubt if it disnae over the season he'll get papped but I'm all for giving the man a fighting chance.