• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

games so far this season look much more like a Rangers team

Our performances and results so far this season are absolutely nothing like I would expect a Rangers team to deliver.

Nowhere near convinced by Caixinha on the evidence so far; barely understand what the fuck he is talking about half the time and some of his decisions during his tenure so far have been baffling - not forgetting some of the worst results in our history.

If the figures are to believed he's spent near £10 million. So far, there's not been a return on that.

2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

The squad were shite yes but they were better than before Pedro came in. Ergo, he made a bad squad even worse. Absolute Dud. 

Warburton had friends in that squad and all the players were on easy street, Pedro didn't come in and just continue the work of Warburton or even Murty.

So because Murty got a draw at paedodome that meant he's got more out of the squad ergo he's a better manager? Remember the loss away to Dundee? The loss away to Caley? The last minute winner at home sto st Johnstone spared blushes.

Warburton had won 1 in 5 of his last games. Pedro won 3 out of his first 5.

There are so many things that can play a factor in a new manager coming in but he's here, he got the backing of the board and he's put a team together that I think looks far stronger than last seasons and I hope he does prove people wrong as I think some simply want him to fail.

I used to think he'd make a big positive difference and was a big improvement on Warburton.  But after the disaster against the Luxembourg part timers which came on top of very bad results at the tail end of last season I tuned out of him and am not convinced he can produce a far more competitive Rangers side than last season.   I know its early days but the result against Hibs - even allowing for rank bad refereeing - has not changed my view.

Now today we get....

"“We always win so at least if we don’t win we learn, so we never lose. ........"   Eh?   How do you always win but the if you don't win you never lose?    Is this some sort of Portuguese philosophy being pushed our way?   I have no idea what he means.  The DR will doubtless be tempted to make hay with this.

Those are the points we need to keep working on, the boys need to understand it and of course during this week we will be a lot more focussed on these things.”    He's had the vast majority of his first team squad available since sometime in June to get them coached into his idea of more control of the game.    If they've not understood it by now then one can only hope that the Hibs game completed their coaching education and its now time to deliver.   His stuff about learning and training well starts to sound like Warburton with a different accent and with more confusing explanations (if that were possible).

".....Apart from Lee everyone else is fit."  I wonder if he means that Pena is also now fit enough and whether we can expect to see what the Club has got for the transfer fee shelled out for this player.

"“The window closes at the end of the month, we know and we believe in everyone that we are working in the same direction..........."   He believes in everyone?    Deep stuff or just plain confusing.   I take it from his statement and the stuff that followed it that work continues to try to sign players before the end of the transfer window.   I hope its a couple of decent full backs who are competent at the first job of a full back which is to defend properly,  and a good quality striker is needed imo  because relying on a mix of Herrera, Morelos, Miller and Hardie supplemented by Ruddock does not strike me as being anywhere near enough firepower to produce a much more competitive side than last season. 

I'm pleased for him that he's feeling stronger after the Hibs result.  To take the way that game went and then use that to summon up some mysterious thing that makes him feel stronger as a result is a positive I never expected to hear.   Hopefully the newly acquired additional strength will find its way into the first team squad and become a noticeable feature as the season progresses.    To be successful he does of course only have to produce a side over the course of the season that ends up with a lot more points on the board than last season and there is a fair way to go so he has time to build on this additional strength he as discovered.   All he's got to do is do what he said we'd be trying to do this season which is 'win, win, win'.   When he achieves that sort of track record I'll look to revise my opinion of his suitability to be Rangers manager.   

That Madeira stuff must have some terrific properties.   I'm off to get a few bottles and see if it helps to understand what the manager is saying.      

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Is this squad better than when he first came in? Yes so made a pish squad worse is not true

Right so you've either completely ignored what I actually said or just not taken it in. 

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Surely there must be some exception made for the last match? I thought even at ten men this was the best Rangers performance at Ibrox in years; what I mean by that is that were superior in the playing department, and for much of the match we dominated more than at anytime we ever did last season.

We should have been more clinical early on and their equaliser was avoidable. I know there were mitigating circumstances but the fact is, it's a home defeat against a team we should be beating

25 minutes ago, RDFM said:

The whole "not his squad" argument is utterly mental, by that rule it must mean it was Benitez that won Real Madrid the CL in 2015 and AVB that won it for Chelsea.

There is no rule however it cannot be irrelevant that he inherited a squad of weak minded underperformers?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for a second saying it gives him a free pass, he has to be accountable but ffs it has to be a point of consideration amongst many others?

Warburton left because he had assembled a squad of absolute garbage who had proven they lacked ability and character.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Warburton had friends in that squad and all the players were on easy street, Pedro didn't come in and just continue the work of Warburton or even Murty.

So because Murty got a draw at paedodome that meant he's got more out of the squad ergo he's a better manager? Remember the loss away to Dundee? The loss away to Caley? The last minute winner at home sto st Johnstone spared blushes.

There are so many things that can play a factor in a new manager coming in but he's here, he got the backing of the board and he's put a team together that I think looks far stronger than last seasons and I hope he does prove people wrong as I think some simply want him to fail.

Dunno why you're chatting to me about Murty, I forgot he even existed tbh. Good for Pedro winning his first few shame he couldn't replicate it in games of any importance.

I don't want Pedro to fail, but I'm almost certain he will. 

Just now, MisterC said:

We should have been more clinical early on and their equaliser was avoidable. I know there were mitigating circumstances but the fact is, it's a home defeat against a team we should be beating

What we saw was a referee ruining what was up until the sending off a very good game of football, and we were far better than them. We should be more clinical, but I think we have to make an exception to this match.

Just now, markem said:

There is no rule however it cannot be irrelevant that he inherited a squad of weak minded underperformers?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for a second saying it gives him a free pass, he has to be accountable but ffs it has to be a point of consideration amongst many others?

Warburton left because he had assembled a squad of absolute garbage who had proven they lacked ability and character.

He left that shite squad in a worse place than Warburton left them. 

5 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

Our performances and results so far this season are absolutely nothing like I would expect a Rangers team to deliver.

Nowhere near convinced by Caixinha on the evidence so far; barely understand what the fuck he is talking about half the time and some of his decisions during his tenure so far have been baffling - not forgetting some of the worst results in our history.

If the figures are to believed he's spent near £10 million. So far, there's not been a return on that.

I don't count last season when judging him .

As for results this season we are two games into a season

QF of the cup

Only thing we could improve on is Europe

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

What we saw was a referee ruining what was up until the sending off a very good game of football, and we were far better than them. We should be more clinical, but I think we have to make an exception to this match.

Fair enough, it's true that the ref ruined the game to be fair

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Murty changed from the shite against Dundee and ICT, and got a draw against them amongst the two other wins.

Caixinha done the exact same in his two Old Firms and embarrassed us.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Dorrans, Jack and Morelos never shat it. Only ones that really looked up for, maybe Candeias.

yea pretty much, thought Morelos was gonna walk in the first half tbh, jack did well and Dorrans too till he got booked. Was happy with Candeias tbh thought he looked up for it.

4 minutes ago, RDFM said:

He left that shite squad in a worse place than Warburton left them. 

So he inherited weak minded pish, that he never bought and pretty much made it clear they had no future at the club and in your mind its mental to consider that as a factor - really?

To be clear, there are huge question marks over him, I agree but dismissing any consideration to what he walked into last year as 'utterly mental' is utterly mental.