Pedro feeling Stronger than ever

Guest Lloyd72

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

See something that's been playing on my mind - we were told to forget last season as Pedro was left with the shite Warburton has signed - but since the start of the season and even including pre-season the "shite" Warburton left us with that's went to new clubs ;

Halliday - man of the matches in Europa league games in Azerbajean.
McKay - Forest fans love. Direct quote they think he's a "snip" ... scored a winner.
Waghorn - Scored in his Ipswich debut - McCarthey delighted and thinks he got a bargain.
Garner - Scored a barrowload in pre-season more than we did put together as a team until the Dunfermline game.
O'Halloran - 3 goals in 2 games - all them goals from skinning people - new lease of life. Probably the top flights best player in the first couple of games of the season.
Crooks - No idea how he's getting on but again his club think they've got an absolute bargain. Wouldn't surprise me if he recaptures his form.

Maybe I'm reading too much into early season forms but it's making me wonder a bit if that is more and more like a handy excuse for him just being a shite manager and blaming the players for it. 

Every single one of those players is performing for a smaller club though. Thriving because they've found their level playing for clubs where it's not the end of the world if they don't win every week.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I imagine the headline has taken Pedro's words out-of-context, but if not, he needs to shut the fuck up.

Under that cunt, we've handed them a place in a Cup final, been humiliated 5-1 in an Old Firm game at Ibrox and lost our 20+ years old record at home to Aberdeen. It's mid-fucking August and already, we've been put out of Europe in Scotland's most humiliating result on the continent and Neil fucking Lennon's newly-promoted Hibs have beaten us.

We are garbage.

Caixinha has filled his squad with shite. Over the course of the season, Candeias, Cardoso, Morelos and Hererra will prove to be le Guen-like signings while Jack will show he doesn't have the mental capacity to player for Rangers and sadly, Dorrans will probably end up the same way Andy Halliday did; hated through bitterness generated by underperformance and humiliation on the pitch.

Shite, shite, shite. I'm starting to think I should actually just accept it now, it's gone on that long.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Every single one of those players is performing for a smaller club though. Thriving because they've found their level playing for clubs where it's not the end of the world if they don't win every week.

Aye I do take that on board. Some players excel with less pressure on them and in inferior teams - but talent-wise, I'm just starting to think that good managers can coach them mentally too and prepare them/help them deal with the pressures of a big club. 

It's not an easy thing to do but I think being a good manager is a whole raft of things including dealing with players and the pressures. I've always said that playing for Rangers is only part talent - mentality is a big part too.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No I agree with that. 

It's not as straight forward as I made it sound (and didn't really mean it to) ... I'm just kinda thinking out loud.

You could argue that a good manager can prepare them mentally for playing for Rangers though and coach them the right things. That might be a factor. 

Even SAF didn't manage that with everyone but I take your point.

I think its what Murty is trying to do with the Academy. He's challenging them at an early stage and I think it may well pay off in the medium to long term if we keep going with it.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Although did Pedro honestly say the last training season was an amazing session, the best training he's ever seen? that's the mumblings of a desperate man. IMO.

I'll say one thing for Pedro, he needs to stop with the sound bites and just produce quality performances for more than the first 20 mins and get the results that we should be getting against shite like Hibs.

He's not doing himself any favours if he talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Even SAF didn't manage that with everyone but I take your point.

I think its what Murty is trying to do with the Academy. He's challenging them at an early stage and I think it may well pay off in the medium to long term if we keep going with it.

I think Murty will be good at that side of things tbh. 

I know he wasn't a great first team manager his couple of months here but I seen a mental toughness/organised team start to take shape - if nothing else.

Just now, rangerslion said:

These forums breed too many people wanting to be in the I told you so group. What ever happened to supporting the team through thick and thin?

Why does voicing legitimate concerns and criticisms not equate to supporting the team? it's because we care. We will all be at the next game wanting Rangers to win - why don't people like you never understand this? 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Although did Pedro honestly say the last training session was an amazing session, the best training he's ever seen? that's the mumblings of a desperate man. IMO.

Warburton used to come away with shite like that

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Pedro must be the fuckng incredible Hulk - he get's bigger and stronger and more motivated after every single bad result. 

Personally, I think he is shell shocked. I thought I had seen everything, until last Saturday. I fucking bet Pedro's asking himself WTF!! Who needs the grief?! I'll guarantee he has never came across anyone in his footballing career, anyone that is so dishonourable and and utter cunt as the lemmon. So he will learn from it. The best baptism into football life in Scotland yet.

I remember the injustice meted out to Souness and our club whilst he was here. We were singled out for the treatment then, but ffs, it's gone way past that.

You really couldn't make the shite up that goes on in this backwater. Outsiders must think we are all from outer space and in theory, it's only about a game of football. Aye, if only!

I am a cynical bastard by nature, but these days I have absolutely no faith in anything that is national or local government, plod, the judiciary and all that is footballng authorities. The fucking whole country is a trainwreck, run by taigs for taigs and corrupt to it's core. The only way I know how to take it back, is a war with these cunts, because any other way will take far too long and with no guarantee of winning, such is their grip on power across the land.

I want Pedro to turn this around. We shall not be sullied nor defeated by those scum bastards and in spite of all the forces acting against us, we will be victorious, but Pedro more than ever, needs our support to do it.

8 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

These forums breed too many people wanting to be in the I told you so group. What ever happened to supporting the team through thick and thin?

Name 1 person who wants to be in the I told you so group?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Personally, I think he is shell shocked. I thought I had seen everything, until last Saturday. I fucking bet Pedro's asking himself WTF!! Who needs the grief?! I'll guarantee he has never came across in his footballing that he has never come accross such a dishonourable and utter cunt as the lemmon. So he will learn from it. The best baptism into football life in Scotland yet.

I remember the injustice meted out to Souness and our club whilst he was here. We were singled out for the treatment then, but ffs, it's gone way past that.

You really couldn't make the shite up that goes on in this backwater. Outsiders must think we are all from outer space and in theory, it's only about a game of football. Aye, if only!

I am a cynical bastard by nature, but these days I have absolutely no faith in anything that is national or local government, plod, the judiciary and all that is footballng authorities. The fucking whole country is a trainwreck, run by taigs for taigs and corrupt to it's core. The only way I know how to take it back, is a war with these cunts, because any other way will take far too long and with no guarantee of winning, such is their grip on power across the land.

I want Pedro to turn this around. We shall not be sullied nor defeated by those scum bastards and in spite of all the forces acting against us, we will be victorious, but Pedro more than ever, needs our support to do it.

I agree with a lot of that but it's part and parcel of being a manager of one of the Old Firm. There's an unreal amount of focus on you. Good managers handle it.

I was a bit embarrassed when he said the other day demanding respect and saying he get's treated differently from everyone else - the reason for that is the pish he spouts mate. Remember him having a go at McInnes out of nothing in the media saying Derek wants his job and Aberdeen are on decline etc ... he makes a lot of these problems for himself that plays a wee bit of a victim card to justify his WATP pish in his next conference. 

38 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I imagine the headline has taken Pedro's words out-of-context, but if not, he needs to shut the fuck up.

Under that cunt, we've handed them a place in a Cup final, been humiliated 5-1 in an Old Firm game at Ibrox and lost our 20+ years old record at home to Aberdeen. It's mid-fucking August and already, we've been put out of Europe in Scotland's most humiliating result on the continent and Neil fucking Lennon's newly-promoted Hibs have beaten us.

We are garbage.

Caixinha has filled his squad with shite. Over the course of the season, Candeias, Cardoso, Morelos and Hererra will prove to be le Guen-like signings while Jack will show he doesn't have the mental capacity to player for Rangers and sadly, Dorrans will probably end up the same way Andy Halliday did; hated through bitterness generated by underperformance and humiliation on the pitch.

Shite, shite, shite. I'm starting to think I should actually just accept it now, it's gone on that long

Footnote: I just remembered who his advisors are. Murray and co! :megaanguish:

However, King is a wide boy, so you'd think he would be a good advisor for Pedro to negotiate his way around this backwater, amongst all the skullduggery and hatred and pull a few master strokes and beat these hating cunts at their own game.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Footnote: I just remembered who his advisors are. Murray and co! :megaanguish:

However, King is a wide boy, so you'd think he would be a good advisor for Pedro to negotiate his way around this backwater, amongst all the skullduggery and hatred and pull a few master strokes and beat these hating cunts at their own game.

Amazing :lol: 

Guest Lloyd72
30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Although did Pedro honestly say the last training session was an amazing session, the best training he's ever seen? that's the mumblings of a desperate man. IMO.

He's said that about 3/4 times this season I think

17 games played competitively:

10 wins
1 draw 
6 defeats including

A humiliating European exit to semi pro part timers, 
A record defeat to the bheasts, 
A 25 year record against the sheep, 
A Scottish cup record in semi finals stretching back 80 years

...and now that result against hivs (refereeing aside)

Not good enough for me. Sorry, but forget about it not 'being his team' / Warburtons signings etc - he simply doesn't have what it takes.

People say give him the next two games / pick up six points - but that's simply buying him time before the inevitable. Sooner rather than later for me.

Better managers have walked for less.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

17 games played Competitively 

10 wins
1 draw 
6 defeats including

Not good enough for me. Sorry, but forget about it not 'being his team' / Warburtons signings etc - he simply doesn't have what it takes.

People say give him the next two games / pick up six points - but that's simply buying him time before the inevitable. Sooner rather than later for me.

Absolutely it's buying time.

I know I keep saying it (apologise for being repetitive) but we were told win first 4-games NO EXCUSES.

Now it's 6-games ..

After that it's Christmas.

Then, as usual, when the penny finally drops with everyone - it's far too late. Season done.

Anyone that was correct get's shouted at saying "you couldn't wait to say told you so" ... it's fucking depressing. 

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

17 games played competitively:

10 wins
1 draw 
6 defeats including

What is the other loss? :lol: 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Am baffled by dislike towards our manager by some in our support. I suppose we are all entitled to a opinion.

Your posts in this thread are getting worse(somehow). People are making valid points and you can't counter them so are resulting to pathetic posts like that.