Four players We Moved On All Scoring AGAIN!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Well as you said it to Jamesy, i could say that you don't get how football works, when did exaggerations become accepted football philosophy?

Correct, he isn't our problem anymore, but as i said i would much rather him being our problem on the left than the guy who is occupying the spot now, at least we might get a few goals.

We have had this debate countless times, you didn't rate him and i did, that's fair enough.

Nobody said it was accepted football philosophy. If you took it literally then that's up to you.

Jamesy made a statement that could be easily disproved. Mine would very much be down to opinion unless you went and got in depth stats for every game he played. It was an exaggeration though and it was said tongue in cheek because I said I would take Windass 9 games out of 10.

1 good game in 6 is probably more around the mark for McKay but again that's my opinion.

He's a player that always divided opinion on here and that's another reason I'm glad he's gone because it means we won't need to read the variety of excuses that were made for him (not particularly by you) whenever he had yet another bad game.

Windass has had a handful of games in that position and for now I'm glad it's him there and not McKay. If he's replaced with a better player then I won't complain. If he turns out to be as bad as I thought McKay was then I'll complain every week until he fucks off to Forest as well. I try and stay consistent :lol:

Just now, plumbGER said:

But people on here think he is an athlete and has the physical attributes:facepalm:

I just cant see it with him does a few good runs but falls out the game after 20 minutes it's the same every week bar against Dunfermline at a level he's more capable of competing at.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Jamesy made a statement that could be easily disproved.

So did you:lol:

You still haven't gave valid reasons to suggest why Windass would be better.

Albeit it would be opinion.

He's woeful and i probably look at him the way you did with McKay tbf.

I'm more than willing to be won over by him but seen nothing so far from him to suggest i will be.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I just cant see it with him does a few good runs but falls out the game after 20 minutes it's the same every week bar against Dunfermline at a level he's more capable of competing at.

I actually thought he was crap v Dunfermline aswell mate.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

So did you:lol:

You still haven't gave valid reasons to suggest why Windass would be better.

Albeit it would be opinion.

He's woeful and i probably look at him the way you did with McKay tbf.

I'm more than willing to be won over by him but seen nothing so far from him to suggest i will be.

Not really. When someone says that we would struggle to finish a certain position the league without the goals of a specific player then that's easy to check.

Asking how many good games a player has out of 10 is a different kettle of fish entirely because you could ask 10 people and get 10 different answers :lol:

I find Windass to be more direct, he doesn't turn back and pass the ball back the way nearly as much as McKay did and he's not as easily put out of the game as McKay was either. After the first bit of physicality from their right back yesterday I think McKay would have went missing because I've seen it so many times before. Windass didn't have a lot of joy against him either but at least he was going back in and trying again, for that alone I'd prefer him over McKay.

He's still got a lot to prove because trying just a wee bit harder than McKay did certainly isn't enough to win anyone over but it's a start.

I agree though, you probably look at Windass the same way I looked at McKay and that's why we'll never convince each other to change our opinions.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not really. When someone says that we would struggle to finish a certaon position the league without the goals of a specific player then that's easy to check.

Asking how many good games a player has out of 10 is a different kettle of fish entirely because you could ask 10 people and get 10 different answers :lol:

I find Windass to be more direct, he doesn't turn back and pass the ball back the way nearly as much as McKay did and he's not as easily put out of the game as McKay was either. After the first bit of physicality from their right back yesterday I think McKay would have went missing because I've seen it so many times before. Windass didn't have a lot of joy against him either but at least he was going back in and trying again, for that alone I'd prefer him over McKay.

He's still got a lot to prove because trying just a wee bit harder than McKay did certainly isn't enough to win anyone over but it's a start.

I agree though, you probably look at Windass the same way I looked at McKay and that's why we'll never convince each other to change our opinions.

All he did against Hearts was play the ball back the way.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I find Windass to be more direct, he doesn't turn back

Were you at the Hibs game, he done that so many times:lol:

I wouldn't say he is trying harder either, trying harder doesn't always mean better either (guys like Jon Daly and Martyn Waghorn tried hard).

The Hearts RB physicality? That Callum Paterson was a pretty physical RB for Hearts and McKay ripped him apart last season at Ibrox, Windass took a blow to the thigh (which the RB took a booking for) then done next to fuck all after it, turn and fluffed effort aside.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Were you at the Hibs game, he done that so many times:lol:

I wouldn't say he is trying harder either, trying harder doesn't always mean better either (guys like Jon Daly and Martyn Waghorn tried hard).

The Hearts RB physicality? That Callum Paterson was a pretty physical RB for Hearts and McKay ripped him apart last season at Ibrox, Windass took a blow to the thigh (which the RB took a booking for) then done next to fuck all after it, turn and fluffed effort aside.

You're quoting half sentences now to try and make your point :lol:

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

You're quoting half sentences now to try and make your point :lol:

You still haven't gave me a valid reason why you think Windass would be a better option though:lol:

I counted 4 or 5 times he turned back from Whittaker in the game vs Hibs, it was the 2nd half before he knocked it past him and hammered him for pace but no end product ( Sound familiar?)

The guy is shite but if it makes you happy that he is there then that's up to you i guess.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

You still haven't gave me a valid reason why you think Windass would be a better option though:lol:

I counted 4 or 5 times he turned back from Whittaker in the game vs Hibs, it was the 2nd half before he knocked it past him and hammered him for pace but no end product ( Sound familiar?)

The guy is shite but if it makes you happy that he is there then that's up to you i guess.

I've gave my reasons. If they aren't valid to you then that's your problem :lol:

You don't like Windass and think McKay is better. I don't like McKay and prefer Windass for now. We could go on all night so let's agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Has he even played 10 games for Forest?

I wouldn't have binned McKay, especially if it meant being stuck with that woeful heartless Windass playing down the left.

All that aside, the English Championship has to be THE most over-rated league in the world, it's absolutely rotten.

You canny use heartless against someone when saying you would want Mckay over him mate :lol:

McKay is the biggest miss, I think most knew he'd be a success elsewhere. The others all failed to meet the mark last season against SPL teams. For O'Halloran, I think it was a mental block preforming at Ibrox. As for the other two, I believe that the lower leagues are their level.

I believe that the SPL doesn't get the credit it deserves, imo it is a superior league to the English Championship.

49 minutes ago, Da Kool Blue said:

McKay is the biggest miss, I think most knew he'd be a success elsewhere. The others all failed to meet the mark last season against SPL teams. For O'Halloran, I think it was a mental block preforming at Ibrox. As for the other two, I believe that the lower leagues are their level.

I believe that the SPL doesn't get the credit it deserves, imo it is a superior league to the English Championship.

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHA

HA

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You canny use heartless against someone when saying you would want Mckay over him mate :lol:

You can when that person says he wants Windass over him and uses that reason, never forget him looking at the subs bench last season in Dingwall because he got fouled a few times on the halfway line.

Both shitebags mate.

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I've gave my reasons. If they aren't valid to you then that's your problem :lol:

You don't like Windass and think McKay is better. I don't like McKay and prefer Windass for now. We could go on all night so let's agree to disagree.

Not valid to me and not valid at all seeing as i gave reasons why they don't hold up.

Pedro has made his choice and chose Windass, you agree with him, let's hope in the long term he has called this right and not fucked it like he has so many other decisions.

Yip you're right, can go on forever but it will get us nowhere.

If anyone's seen waghorn goals for Ipswich they are the exact chances he was missing for us last year.  It's not like Pedro never gave him plenty of chances through the middle and before the progres 2nd leg it was pretty much agreed on here that he should be moved on.

now he scores a few goals the story is different.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:05 AM, Copland bear said:

McKay refused to sign a new contract and would have played out this season and walked away for fuck all. The only one I would have kept would have been Garner, I would have got rid if Kenny first as he is finished and nowhere near the player he once was.

He didn't refuse to sign a new contract. He wanted to negotiate the terms of the contract. He said himself several times the club didn't come back again. He had no problem signing the Forest one!! We were quite clearly taking the piss with the terms offered.

1 hour ago, RDB14 said:

He didn't refuse to sign a new contract. He wanted to negotiate the terms of the contract. He said himself several times the club didn't come back again. He had no problem signing the Forest one!! We were quite clearly taking the piss with the terms offered.

Maybe we had a clause in it that said every time he shat out of a challenge he would be deducted money,I would have it would save a fortune on his wages.

Andy Halliday can't get a game for that mob in Azerbaijan.

Rob Kiernan has only managed 2 games for Southend and they've conceded 7 goals.

Just thought I'd mention them as we only seem to talk about the players doing well since they've left so we have another stick to beat Pedro with.

14 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

If anyone's seen waghorn goals for Ipswich they are the exact chances he was missing for us last year.  It's not like Pedro never gave him plenty of chances through the middle and before the progres 2nd leg it was pretty much agreed on here that he should be moved on.

now he scores a few goals the story is different.

That chances he missed in the draw with Celtic says it all really. Not good enough to play for Rangers. And no matter how good he started for Ipswich now, look at his goalscoring record in the Championship. The best hes got was 12 from 43 games and that was 7 years ago. Will end up having about the same stats at the end of the season imo.