Next Manager? (Options)

BlueMexican

28 minutes ago, TaysideBear said:

Rodgers as much as i hate him came within a Steven Gerraed slip of winning th EPL

That's total bullshit.

Did Gerrard slip when they blew a 3 goal lead away to Crystal Palace after he infamously slipped against Chelsea?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

That's total bullshit.

Did Gerrard slip when they blew a 3 goal lead away to Crystal Palace after he infamously slipped against Chelsea?

The point is he came close to winning one of the biggest leagues in the world. That puts him light years ahead of the likes of Pedro and Warburton. He's also made a big difference to them since he took over from Delia. He's not a world class manager or even close but like it or not he's probably the best manager Scottish football has seen since Walter retired.

Yes he's a cunt but I wish we had a cunt of that calibre.

Just now, The Beast said:

The point is he came close to winning one of the biggest leagues in the world. That puts him light years ahead of the likes of Pedro and Warburton. He's also made a big difference to them since he took over from Delia. He's not a world class manager or even close but like it or not he's probably the best manager Scottish football has seen since Walter retired.

Yes he's a cunt but I wish we had a cunt of that calibre.

No it's not, the point TaysideBear made was that the Gerrard slip alone cost Liverpool the title, it didn't.

Not disputing he has made a massive difference to the beggars despite inheriting an underperforming team from Delia.

39 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Moyes, Big Sam, Monk, Redknapp and De Boer all would have been similar level appointments to Rodgers imo but we didn't have the ambition.

Can't do Moyes, but I'm with you, but we just can't fucking afford them, or want to. Plus we would need to give them a chance with a bigger budget. Yes your right, we don't have the ambition and being second appears to be where we are at. We can't get another board so WTF is the answer?

Just now, plumbGER said:

No it's not, the point TaysideBear made was that the Gerrard slip alone cost Liverpool the title, it didn't.

Not disputing he has made a massive difference to the beggars despite inheriting an underperforming team from Delia.

Ok "My point is...." 

:p:

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Should've been Redknapp from the start. 

A fucking travesty we've spent 1.6 mill on MW and Pedro when the tarriers are swanning about with Rodgers for £2 mill. 

Robertson needs to be sacked. A Motherwell director running us like Motherwell 

Yep another one for whom the jersey is too big.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Can't do Moyes, but I'm with you, but we just can't fucking afford them, or want to. Plus we would need to give them a chance with a bigger budget. Yes your right, we don't have the ambition and being second appears to be where we are at. We can't get another board so WTF is the answer?

I really don't know what the answer is, we need investment from someone and it's not coming from any of the current board. Wonder if King still has Robert Sarvers number.

10 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Ok "My point is...." 

:p:

Your point was perfectly valid mate, it just irritates me when people blame just that slip for them fucking their league hopes that season. 

Rodgers does seem to be a good coach and a good man-manager, there is no doubt about that.

Apologies to those who looked at my topic - was just trying to have a wee bit of a laugh.

Anyway a totally left field suggestion from me would be Michael Laudrup. He is currently managing in the Middle East and may be on a fortune but I'm sure he will have leanings towards us due to Brian and I personally thought he did a good job at Swansea. He is young and would of corse have great connections.

10 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

So you're happy with Pedro?

On the neutral side - but I don't think we can make 9-10 squad changes and expect everything to be perfect - he needs time - any manager needs time but the FIFA generation just think you press reset every few minutes till you win - it's not that easy