Next Manager? (Options)

BlueMexican

I love how people are using the he's got to 4 cup final's as a stick to beat him with. Yes he hasn't done great in them forget that we need someone that's used to getting to showpiece occasions. He'd get 5x the budget at Rangers and am convinced he'd do a fantastic job.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How do you work that one out, when last season when we were both going for second Aberdeen said on record they wouldn't stand in his way and were open to discuss compensation? 

If we are going down that route , I'd agree that McInnes is the best option as a realistic target . The problem is , going by the heraldscotland , Sunderland had agreed £1M compensation , and that was before he signed a new contract so there's every chance it'll be more than that given he'll be going to one of their biggest rivals . 

The other thing to consider , would he want to come ? He will have seen the hassle PC is getting after a few short months when results go wrong , and would understandably feel it a bit of a gamble particularly as he's in a relatively safer  job . 

Just now, KingKirk said:

That last bit is utter pish a well organised team under a decent manager would be competitive v them Is that enough certainly not but lets take it a step at a time.

We have the foundation of a Rangers team on our hands now

We need two full backs that can defend 2 wingers and a target man, and then we are hoping what we have are a success , As for foundations?  How much to complete the team? They are the bloody finished article and in the champions league so playing a higher standard of football , where we are untested in Europe as we got our arses felt. 

If you and others think we are just gonna take the league of them then you are mistaken, the board won't stump up and all any cunt will ever get ismthe season book money, meanwhile they have a second year in the champions league and looking at £7million from the Van Dijk sale,  ffs what I would do for us to have even the £7million to,spend.

Your full post is utter pish as you put it , as unless we get new buyers and soon or the board get real investment in the club then 2nd is what we can expect for a right good few seasons.

Looking at Aberdeens business this summer, i think it's fair to say that had McInness been Rangers manager and been given the £10 million-ish we've spent this summer (far more once wages are accounted for,) then we'd probably be in considerably better shape than we are at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That last bit is utter pish a well organised team under a decent manager would be competitive v them Is that enough certainly not but lets take it a step at a time.

We have the foundation of a Rangers team on our hands now

Yes,  we need to take out time and get it right the old fashioned way,  with solid good players and a solid good manager..  I think Warburton and Pedro were just gambles by the board to save time - hoping that new thinking would get us challenging quicker than a tried and tested orthodox manager.  Well the gamble has not worked,  and we are going nowhere. I don't thing a big money manager is the answer as we don't have the cash for players to match that manager.  So we need to just do it the old fashioned way.  Managers like McInnes and Wright have teams that have not been disgraced by Timmy,  and with us they would have much better players.

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

If we are going down that route , I'd agree that McInnes is the best option as a realistic target . The problem is , going by the heraldscotland , Sunderland had agreed £1M compensation , and that was before he signed a new contract so there's every chance it'll be more than that given he'll be going to one of their biggest rivals . 

The other thing to consider , would he want to come ? He will have seen the hassle PC is getting after a few short months when results go wrong , and would understandably feel it a bit of a gamble particularly as he's in a relatively safer  job . 

Fair point regarding the new contract. That will increase the compensation. I forgot he was rewarded with a new contract after refusing Sunderland.

Re you're last point - yes. He'd crawl down the motorway in his bare feet to get the Rangers job. 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

We need two full backs that can defend 2 wingers and a target man, and then we are hoping what we have are a success , As for foundations?  How much to complete the team? They are the bloody finished article and in the champions league so playing a higher standard of football , where we are untested in Europe as we got our arses felt. 

If you and others think we are just gonna take the league of them then you are mistaken, the board won't stump up and all any cunt will ever get ismthe season book money, meanwhile they have a second year in the champions league and looking at £7million from the Van Dijk sale,  ffs what I would do for us to have even the £7million to,spend.

Your full post is utter pish as you put it , as unless we get new buyers and soon or the board get real investment in the club then 2nd is what we can expect for a right good few seasons.

Sack Pedro tomorrow get McInnes this squad would finish 2nd. We ain't as bad as your making out.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair point regarding the new contract. That will increase the compensation. I forgot he was rewarded with a new contract after refusing Sunderland.

Re you're last point - yes. He'd crawl down the motorway in his bare feet to get the Rangers job. 

:lol: If we do approach him , I hope you're right . 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Sack Pedro tomorrow get McInnes this squad would finish 2nd. We ain't as bad as your making out.

I could finish second in that league manager of Rangers.  I want 1st and that takes investment that we don't have and the board refuse to do a damn thing about it. And McInnes would cost a million in compenastation, where would that come from while paying Pedro and his staff the remaining 2 and a half years or there contract. 

The board won't sack Pedro as he is a nice yes man and the cheaper option, they will sack him when they have no choice and by then it's too late. 

5 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Looking at Aberdeens business this summer, i think it's fair to say that had McInness been Rangers manager and been given the £10 million-ish we've spent this summer (far more once wages are accounted for,) then we'd probably be in considerably better shape than we are at the moment. 

After the work he done with them this summer the hardest part will be convincing him to leave that behind. Effectively throwing his new signings under the bus.

If we go for him we must get him or games up for the board

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I could finish second in that league manager of Rangers.  I want 1st and that takes invest,ent we don't have and the board refuse to do a damn thing about it. And McInnes would cost a million in compenastation, where would that come from while paying Pedro and his staff the remaining 2 and a half years or there contract. 

The board won't sack Pedro as he is a nice yes man and the cheaper option, they will sack him when they have no choice and by then it's too late. 

We were never ever gonna win the league this season.

Just now, KingKirk said:

We were never ever gonna win the league this season.

Because we got a yes man no cunt had heard off and give him a budget but not a great budget then circulate lies saying we spent £3.5million on Pena and every cunt believes it, no fucking way would you pay that for a player in his condition.

Our board just talk shite while we play 2nd fiddle and will continue to do so until they are changed 

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

After the work he done with them this summer the hardest part will be convincing him to leave that behind. Effectively throwing his new signings under the bus.

If we go for him we must get him or games up for the board

And how do you get rid of them? They are  by far the largest shareholders the club 1872 are so far  up their arse, you know the same fans who said King had £30million while our rivals pull so far into the distance we are talking about the league being over already,  or if it's not it will be by the time we meet them in the league. 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Because we got a yes man no cunt had heard off and give him a budget but not a great budget then circulate lies saying we spent £3.5million on Pena and every cunt believes it, no fucking way would you pay that for a player in his condition.

Our board just talk shite while we play 2nd fiddle and will continue to do so until they are changed 

FFS mate away back tae yer bed and roll out the other side Maybe it'll put you in a better mood. If its no the manager its the players or board if no them its transfer fees. Ye kicked the dug up n Doon the street yet:lol::lol:

And how do you get rid of them? They are  by far the largest shareholders the club 1872'qre up their arse, you know the same fans who said King had £30million while our rivals pull so far into,the distance we are talking about the league being over already,  or if it's not it will be by the time we meet them in the league. 

That's not a discussion for today yes the league is done but I don't believe we were ever challenging for it

Just now, KingKirk said:

FFS mate away back tae yer bed and roll out the other side Maybe it'll put you in a better mood. If its no the manager its the players or board if no them its transfer fees. Ye kicked the dug up n Doon the street yet:lol::lol:

You don't like the truth do you. We need investment and not just a million or 2 or sit back and watch them do at least 12.  Going back to bed a cheering up will not change those facts and I don't like them any more than you ?, if I won £150m on the lottery tomorrow then it would be game on and the billy boys would be back and if you were offended by it you would be advised not to enter the ground. 

13 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They feed shite to the guys on their payroll who feed shite to the Gullible few who still believe this board thankfully even they will have to eventually waken up.

You don't like the truth do you. We need investment and not just a million or 2 or sit back and watch them do at least 12.  Going back to bed a cheering up will not change those facts and I don't like them any more than you ?, if I won £150m on the lottery tomorrow then it would be game on and the billy boys would be back and if you were offended by it you would be advised not to enter the ground. 

I believe our mission is to get to 55 before them. I accepted last season that 10IAR for the scum was likely. I believe a better manager we would be closer to them.