***Official N.Ireland vs Czech Republic thread***

.Williamson.

Just now, Siam69 said:

My only down side, is that we'll lose our Manager whether we make it to Russia or not.

C'mon the Serbs.

Didn't he sign a new deal?

Where can you see him going mate? He has done a splendid job and won't be short of offers, he would probably take Jimmy Nicholas with him i would imagine.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Didn't he sign a new deal?

Where can you see him going mate? He has done a splendid job and won't be short of offers, he would probably take Jimmy Nicholas with him i would imagine.

I think either a top Championship Club, or smaller EPL Club.  

What he done for us is amazing, and certainly been noticed.

That said, we could get fucking Italy or the like in the play offs, Russia is by no way guaranteed. 

Aye, there's a  decent buy out clause, though buttons for any of the English Clubs. Talk of him going to Hearts ect was always pish, just cause he lives in Scotland. He's an astute guy, intelligent, knows his worth. 

If and when, he'll go with our gratitude and best wishes.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

I think either a top Championship Club, or smaller EPL Club.  

What he done for us is amazing, and certainly been noticed.

That said, we could get fucking Italy or the like in the play offs, Russia is by no way guaranteed. 

Aye, there's a  decent buy out clause, though buttons for any of the English Clubs. Talk of him going to Hearts ect was always pish, just cause he lives in Scotland. He's an astute guy, intelligent, knows his worth. 

He'll bide his time until the offer comes that suits him, no chance he would go to Hearts to have the creepy bastard Levein looking over his shoulder.

That was a Leicester like performance tonight (when they won the league) 28% possession 2 shots on targets, boom 2-0, brilliant.

Just now, WMT said:

Outstanding defensive display. Czechs had 70% possession but were limited to a couple of half chances.

I'll be really fucked off after all that if we meet Italy or someone decent in the play offs!

GAWA

I can see it being the Republic, we'd beat them home, draw away :tu:

Just now, plumbGER said:

He'll bide his time until the offer comes that suits him, no chance he would go to Hearts to have the creepy bastard Levein looking over his shoulder.

That was a Leicester like performance tonight (when they won the league) 28% possession 2 shots on targets, boom 2-0, brilliant.

Yea, he's smart guy, his stock just keeps going up.

He'll go when the right offer for him comes, as it surely will.

But as said, with thanks and gratitude.

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Yes mate, the way he has dragged you guys up from a really poor international standing to qualifiying for the Euros and within touching distance of a world cup finals is really incredible.

He has some really good players to work with but has a lot of average players that he knows how to get the best from, a great team spirit and very very well organised, all testament to the manager.

Who could grudge the guy if a brilliant offer came his way? As you say, give him the gratitude he deserves.

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I always thought he'd be a front runner for our job when Warburton went, surprised we never sounded him out. 

He has done an unbelievable job for Northern Ireland. 

Well done guys. Hopefully Scotland can join you in the play offs. 

The tears if they drew and pumped the trannies in the playoffs would be glorious. 

53 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Would it be so amicable if he took the Scotland job?? He has been tipped for it.

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

++

Why would he take the Scotland job surely he is more ambitious than that

It's not so outlandish, despite the shambles of the SFA - the Scotland job is still considered a big post in European football. He lives in Edinburgh and knows the Scottish game, so he may be tempted. Of course, I'm basing this on pure speculation from pundits from last October. So you are probably correct, there will be bigger jobs for him if NI make it to Russia.

23 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Would it be so amicable if he took the Scotland job?? He has been tipped for it.

I would shocked if he did.

Like the Club jobs in Scotland, he only gets mentioned for them because of where he lives.

He'll go to a decent Club job when the right offer comes, Scotland would be like a sideways move. More money yea, but that's it, he's a smart guy, knows his worth, it'll be an English Club. 

I also think he has more integrity and decency than to leave his Country of birth to go to Scotland, knowing a decent Club job will comin knocking soon. 

He's a class act to be fair, i've yet to hear anyone say a bad word about him. 

8 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Where are you getting the seeded stuff from for the play offs?

It will be due to the other teams that finish second, having a look at the possible second placed teams at the moment, then it is likely that NI will be unseeded as it is not an open draw. If Scotland take the Slovakian place, then they will be useeded as well. So they cannot met NI. Of course, the table below will change tmrow night as well - probably looks likely that Denmark will take 2nd over Montenegro in October.

Screenshot_2017-09-04-23-26-54.jpg

16 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It will be due to the other teams that finish second, having a look at the possible second placed teams at the moment, then it is likely that NI will be unseeded as it is not an open draw. If Scotland take the Slovakian place, then they will be useeded as well. So they cannot met NI. Of course, the table below will change tmrow night as well - probably looks likely that Denmark will take 2nd over Montenegro in October.

Screenshot_2017-09-04-23-26-54.jpg

This is what it says above where you lifted that table, is it not more about who gets into the play offs. I can't see where it says any team will be seeded in the play offs, i've never heard that anywhere. I could be wrong, but it would be news to me -

Ranking of second-placed teams[edit]

At the time of the draw, groups H and I had one team fewer than the other groups so it was announced that matches against the last-placed team in each of the six-team groups would not be included in the ranking of the second-placed teams. UEFA has confirmed that, even after the admission of Kosovo and Gibraltar and with all groups now containing six teams, this regulation has not changed and matches against the sixth-placed team in all groups will still be discarded.[25] As a result, only eight matches played by each team will be counted in the second-placed table.

The eight best runners-up are determined by the following parameters, in this order:

Highest number of points

Goal difference

Highest number of goals scored