Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

3 minutes ago, Brown Brogues said:

Who is to say that McInnes would even want to come? We are a big club i get that, but we are a tough gig at the moment. At aberdeen he has assembled a decent squad, and is probably on decent money after the sunderland interest. We snubbed him last time remember.

The pressure of being the Rangers manager at this present time is not to be underestimated.

Still one of the best jobs in football, and if there was a good budget to go with it then it would be even more sought after. For all this club has been through it is still a great club. Ex players and managers who have had success here would count this as a special place to be. McIness would take it, but I hope we go for a better manager than him one day soon.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I think we'll be second if he's allowed to see the season out.  To go better than that we need serious investment (not his issue).

We're clearly a better team than last season, and will improve further...imo.

The two games against Thistle we won last year were fortunate and papered over inadequacies.  Fridays game, apart from 15 minutes in the second half, we virtually camped in their half, 17 shots to 3 in our favour with 10 of them on target.  

All we did last season was "look after the ball".  This season we're actually making chances, scored 13 goals in 6 games...not enough in my opinion, but better than last year.  It took us 12 games to reach 13 goals last season.  Twice the improvement.

Defensively, still could do with tightening up, we've conceded 8 in the first 5 games, against 11 in the first 5 last season - take the celtic game out of that from last year and its about the same.

Points wise, we have 11 after 6 games.  Last season we had 6 after 6 games.  Improvement there.

I see better players on the pitch who appear to have a greater hunger for the game than last years lot.  I see more aggression.  

So yes, I see Pedro being a success if that means taking us forward into a better place than last season.   The signs are there and if allowed the space to do so, we'll get better.  I'd love to say I think we can challenge for the league, but that would be supremely optimistic and would rely on heavy investment and a bit of luck.  

I've seen nothing to suggest we are better than last year. We have better players but don't look any better, Pedro's fault.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Still one of the best jobs in football, and if there was a good budget to go with it then it would be even more sought after. For all this club has been through it is still a great club. Ex players and managers who have had success here would count this as a special place to be. McIness would take it, but I hope we go for a better manager than him one day soon.

I think he probably would take it, was just asking the question. For me the real burning issue is the board. We can get anyone we like in but he has to be backed. I think if we spent another 6 million on 2 fullbacks, left winger and a partner/back up for morelos i dont think we would be too far away.

2 hours ago, VentyFour said:

Stop acting like a fucking wee girl. Were you never taught patience as a child, or are you one of these new age morons that only want their favourite thing and want it now. 

Our club had a proud record with our managers, we've stood by them all throughout our history. During the 90's we used to slate the tags for their manager policy. We're now worse than that, with daft wee girls like you screaming every time there's a bump. 

Where's our managers support? How could you be expected to do a job when everyone you're doing the job for is running about like pubescent teenagers crying that you're not good enough. All because you can't handle seeing that lot win just now. 

The man needs out support and the club need our support. We're not doing ourselves any favours by putting him down. As I said he's got 2 1/2 years left on his contract, so he's going nowhere, no matter how much you cry about it. 

?That's a fair post to be honest .The main man wont like this one bit ?

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

?That's a fair post to be honest .The main man wont like this one bit ?

I've went right off you to be honest, you've basically turned into a prick overnight all because of a manager like Pedro and turned into a paranoid mess blaming every referee for every little thing. You and that other wackjob Blue_Avenger used to be 2 of the best posters in my eyes until recent weeks now your telling some screwball that can't debate who's calling people fenians he has a fair post? 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I've went right off you to be honest, you've basically turned into a prick overnight all because of a manager like Pedro and turned into a paranoid mess blaming every referee for every little thing. You and that other wackjob Blue_Avenger used to be 2 of the best posters in my eyes until recent weeks now your telling some screwball that can't debate who's calling people fenians he has a fair post? 

Jesus get a grip KAI 

the poster was right .You acting like a baby man 

Last few months .You talk like you own the sight and all your opinions are God 

Grow up bud 

41 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I've seen nothing to suggest we are better than last year. We have better players but don't look any better, Pedro's fault.

Double the goals scored and almost twice the points at the same stage of last season isn't improvement?  

What exactly are you looking for?

2 hours ago, VentyFour said:

Where's our managers support? How could you be expected to do a job when everyone you're doing the job for is running about like pubescent teenagers crying that you're not good enough. All because you can't handle seeing that lot win just now. 

To be fair, the issue isn't seeing them win, it's the fact we're losing and have a manager who is inept and has so far failed to find any consistency in a team he put together.

As for the manager not being able to do his job because people are moaning about him on a football forum is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here.

So we're to blame for his failures, seriously?

16 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Double the goals scored and almost twice the points at the same stage of last season isn't improvement?  

We have 2 points more than this stage last year and last year we played the filth in the first six games.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I honestly think many in here want us to lose on Saturday so they can start hating Pedro more 

If we lose badly I might even be doing the same but until that happens .I think I will lay of Pedro bashing for a while longer 

You willing to forvige him a loss tomorrow?

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I honestly think many in here want us to lose on Saturday so they can start hating Pedro more 

If we lose badly I might even be doing the same but until that happens .I think I will lay of Pedro bashing for a while longer 

Jesus

Just now, Virtuoso said:

You willing to forvige him a loss tomorrow?

If we lose tomorrow .Then I will be another     Bad result under him 

Not defending Pedro in the slightest .His record so far is pitiful /disgraceful 

Just trying to be positive to a degree 

It's hard going ,when I myself think it will be 4 clear goal win 

41 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

To be in touch with them and the sheep and not out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxembourg

My team for the weekend would be:

Foderingham

Tavernier, Alves, Cardoso, Wilson

Jack, Windass

Candeias,                          Dorrans

Morelos,       Miller.

Be a three at the back when in attack, a four in defence. Not a great fan of Holt, but don't see any option with Rossiter injured.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Foderingham

Holt,      Jack

Windass

Morelos,       Miller.

Be a three at the back when in attack, a four in defence. Not a great fan of Holt, but don't see any option with Rossiter injured.

You are only allowed 11 players.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Foderingham

Holt,      Jack

Windass

Morelos,       Miller.

That's 12.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Foderingham

Holt,      Jack

Windass

Morelos,       Miller.

:lol:

Dafty.

Wilson at left-back, as well. Mentalist.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Foderingham

Holt,      Jack

Windass

Morelos,       Miller.

? I wouldn't have Holt in my starting 12. He hasnt had a minute in weeks, being eased out of the picture and won't be here much longer. If we are playing a 4-5-2 I'd have Pena in there 

Just now, trueblueal said:

? I wouldn't have Holt in my starting 12. He hasnt had a minute in weeks, being eased out of the picture and won't be here much longer. If we are playing a 4-5-2 I'd have Pena in there 

I don't like where I put Windass to make up for my error; so my midfield would be :

Jack

Candeias,    Windass,      Dorrans.

I'm not a fan of Holt, but I think with our injury situation he would have to be an option on the bench.