Jardel against us

brazz1972

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Any Bears on here at that game?
@kplfishtank @K.A.I ?

No mate wasn't at that game.

That's one of only 5 (I think) Euro away's I've missed since my first one against Gothenburg in 97.

I went to Galatasary vs Chelsea a couple of years ago in their new stadium but was pretty low-key and not mental.

Southdown1916 was at that game in the video, tho.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No mate wasn't at that game.

That's one of only 5 (I think) Euro away's I've missed since my first one against Gothenburg in 97.

I went to Galatasary vs Chelsea a couple of years ago in their new stadium but was pretty low-key and not mental.

Southdown1916 was at that game in the video, tho.

Ah ok. That was when they were a bit mental. I think we played them the year after they beat Arsenal in the Final and they killed those Leeds fans before the Semi Final.

Chelsea played them in the Champions League the season before us too before they got knocked out and went into the UEFA. Always remember it because I had a Chelsea poster on my wall that must have been taken before the game and it had the 'Welcome to Hell' banners up. Tore it off my wall the next year because it had Chris Sutton in it, then he signed for the Mhanks :lol: 

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Ah ok. That was when they were a bit mental. I think we played them the year after they beat Arsenal in the Final and they killed those Leeds fans before the Semi Final.

Chelsea played them in the Champions League the season before us too before they got knocked out and went into the UEFA. Always remember it because I had a Chelsea poster on my wall that must have been taken before the game and it had the 'Welcome to Hell' banners up. Tore it off my wall the next year because it had Chris Sutton in it, then he signed for the Mhanks :lol: 

Rangers were first British side to play in Istanbul after the Leeds fans were stabbed, the police actually were based in hotels and when you went out at night you were assigned 2 police who would go out with you and they would sit in restaurants with you and make sure you were safe. They done same when we played Fenerbahce 

THE best player Rangers never signed. 

An absolute fucking travesty which still angers me to this day. From Smith going out personally to Gremio to meet him to bringing him back here for training and photo shoots at Ibrox. And it still falls through. 

Nobody can say with absolute certainty if a player is going to be a success.....  but THIS Guy!!  I've no doubt this was THE striker to end them all. 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Rangers were first British side to play in Istanbul after the Leeds fans were stabbed, the police actually were based in hotels and when you went out at night you were assigned 2 police who would go out with you and they would sit in restaurants with you and make sure you were safe. They done same when we played Fenerbahce 

I never knew that. Crazy stuff.

I completely forgot Fenerbahce knocked us out the next season.

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Am I right in saying none of the directors travelled either?

My boss at the time was a non exec director(think he still is) and said if I wanted to go to any away games he would get me on the playing with the players but I'd have to wear a suit and there would be no alcohol allowed. I asked him about Istanbul and he told me to fuck off and pick another game and they weren't even travelling :lol:

7 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

I thought Fenerbache was quite tame tbh 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I thought Fenerbache was quite tame tbh 

Same but some of the guys from down south and NI got a sore one in a club the night before the match. 

Some of our group were that bevvied I don't think they would have known if they were in a fight or not. 

Best place was PAOK  they were mental but not violent mental  

Just now, kplfishtank said:

Same but some of the guys from down south and NI got a sore one in a club the night before the match. 

Some of our group were that bevvied I don't think they would have known if they were in a fight or not. 

Best place was PAOK  they were mental but not violent mental  

Seville was wild - Malaga the night before those big African migrant Muslims you see stormed a bar and the place got trashed some Bears and some Muslims took sore ones and woke up next to each other in hospital beds next day - place was a war zone 

13 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

THE best player Rangers never signed. 

An absolute fucking travesty which still angers me to this day. From Smith going out personally to Gremio to meet him to bringing him back here for training and photo shoots at Ibrox. And it still falls through. 

Nobody can say with absolute certainty if a player is going to be a success.....  but THIS Guy!!  I've no doubt this was THE striker to end them all. 

Ronaldo, Messi etc..

12 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Am I right in saying none of the directors travelled either?

My boss at the time was a non exec director(think he still is) and said if I wanted to go to any away games he would get me on the playing with the players but I'd have to wear a suit and there would be no alcohol allowed. I asked him about Istanbul and he told me to fuck off and pick another game and they weren't even travelling :lol:

What position?