Rangers Picture Thread

12 minutes ago, Don54 said:

You've been digging deep this morning , only reason I know his name is 'cause I have a team pic with him in it ?

John may  1904–1910, first right back row.

1940448915_Rangers1905-06.thumb.jpg.7c2f2f280b738919d43ad4ef2f0cc516b.jpg.cf14e3de1694365fc91e04f7a153fa7b.jpg

I came across that early photo and thought it was so iconic. That's our Genesis and guess I just instantly related to it.

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

You've been digging deep this morning , only reason I know his name is 'cause I have a team pic with him in it ?

John may  1904–1910, first right back row.

Just ridiculous, have come across a couple of photographs, entirety unrelated to that original source, yet clearly taken at the same time.

Can we identify...

SinclairTRangers1905.jpg

1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:

Just ridiculous, have come across a couple of photographs, entirety unrelated to that original source, yet clearly taken at the same time.

Can we identify...

SinclairTRangers1905.jpg

Back row Tom Sinclair 1904 - 06  ( Sinclair spent several weeks on loan at the scum in 1906. At the start of the 1906-07 season, the scum goalkeeper Davey Adams cut his hand during a benefit match at Ibrox Stadium - the injury was caused by a nail which had been inserted through a goal-post for a five-a-side tournament. As a gesture of goodwill, Sinclair (who had lost his starting place to Alex Newbigging) was loaned to the scum whilst Adams recovered from injury, and this is the first known transfer between the two Old Firm clubs. Sinclair played six league games and three Glasgow Cup ties for the scum, keeping clean sheets in every match bar his final game, where the scum won 3-2 in the Glasgow Cup final.)    front row right, Josiah Gray 1905 - 07,  left  Robert Dalrymple 1905 - 06

1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:

This is the other one...surely from that same 'team photo'?

CraigARangers1905.jpg

Back row , Alec Craig 1904 - 16, front row , Robert Smyth McColl  1904 - 07, McColl is now better known for lending his name to the newsagent chain RS McColl, which he set up in 1901 with his brother Tom. Due to this he became known as 'Toffee Bob'. He served as a sergeant in the Royal Army Service Corps during the First World War.