Rangers Picture Thread

24 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Reportedly the last player to play for Scotland  wearing a bunnet.

I see this came up for auction in 2010 - Herbert Lock clearly had a distinguished career.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/special-auction-services/catalogue-id-2797250/lot-9316027

It's gratifying to now appreciate all of this; I'd never even heard of the fellow until by chance coming across that intriguing photograph today.

Just now, Callum_Doon said:

I see this came up for auction in 2010 - Herbert Lock clearly had a distinguished career.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/special-auction-services/catalogue-id-2797250/lot-9316027

It's gratifying to now appreciate all of this; I'd never even heard of the fellow until by chance coming across that intriguing photograph today.

At the risk of repeating myself, if you go thru this thread you'll find loads of gems like Herbert Lock ?

10 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

Here's a better link for Herbert Lock

https://wikivividly.com/wiki/Herbert_Lock

2 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

1960 cup final v.kilmarnock   2/0

So, we have both 'Rangers' and 'The Rangers' from 1960 programs.

If we consider also four separate programs from games against Arsenal... it's 'Rangers' v Arsenal in 1953 and 1966, as opposed to 'The Rangers' v Arsenal in 1960 and 1973.

All seems kind of arbitrary!

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

At the risk of repeating myself, if you go thru this thread you'll find loads of gems like Herbert Lock ?

As tine permits, I have been retracing this thread - it's so compelling and informative.

I can in fact 'kinda' evidence same.

Was reading through some postings the other day and noted that I especially 'liked' some of then.

Suddenly realised I was responding to the earliest contributions here and not something recently posted... ?

2 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

As tine permits, I have been retracing this thread - it's so compelling and informative.

I can in fact 'kinda' evidence same.

Was reading through some postings the other day and noted that I especially 'liked' some of then.

Suddenly realised I was responding to the earliest contributions here and not something recently posted... ?

It's easy to lose track of what you've seen, hell I've even posted pics that I'd posted previously ?

14 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

First Rangers top I got.  

Takes me back as well.. 

If, however, we search online under 'Rangers goalkeepers' and select 'Images', I can't see that he features even once in a lengthy series of responses.

Found this though...

41hzZn2OUKL.jpg

3 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

Takes me back as well.. 

If, however, we search online under 'Rangers goalkeepers' and select 'Images', I can't see that he features even once in a lengthy series of responses.

Found this though...

41hzZn2OUKL.jpg

Every time I see a pic of him I get bad flashbacks to Wembley 1975