Rangers Picture Thread

49 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Well if u'd checked thru this thread you'd have seen it coming a lot sooner ? Still worth another look tho ??

if i,m right that was before the 66 world cup,and pele had been getting attention from bremner ,the pay back time,i think it took 4/5 min to get bremner on his feet again,def. one of jim,s best games.

11 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

Found this which I thought might be of interest. Attributed as the queue for that game.

downloadfile-2.jpg

I was talking about the Brazil game. Was that the queue for tickets for that game? Where would that be I wonder?

1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:

Fair enough. Definitely away to Thistle - we can see a glimpse of the legendary advertising sign: 'Firhill for Thrills, Johnstone's for Rolls'!

Probably correct with Firhill but the legendary 'Firhill for Thrills, Johnstone's for Rolls' sign was over at a corner.  Pretty sure it was north west corner where the brickwork boundary wall was much higher than the rest.

12 minutes ago, KingKai said:

I was talking about the Brazil game. Was that the queue for tickets for that game? Where would that be I wonder?

My mix-up, thought you were referring to being at the Inter Milan game - duly now noted it was JCDBigBear who recalled same from the ticket posted.

That photo is the crowd build up from the Milan match

21 minutes ago, KingKai said:

It was for the Inter game in 1965 I posted it a good while back

Rangers fans in 1965 forming a very orderly queue in St Vincent Street, stretching round to Hope Street to buy briefs for the Rangers v Inter Milan European Cup quarter-final tie. Rangers were three-one down from the first leg but it didn't deter supporters, and nearly 79,000 crammed into Ibrox to see Rangers beat the European cup holders 1-0 but sadly going out on aggregate. Inter went on to win the cup that year in the final against Benfica. Jim Forrest scored the Rangers goal that night and was their top scorer that year, however the shock cup defeat against Berwick saw him transferred.

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I thought that queue was for Rangers tickets probably leading to The Sportsman's Emporium  in St. Vincent Street which used to sell the tickets.

Yea, that would be fine. Attributed from the 'Glasgow Herald' as 'Rangers v Inter Milan ticket queue 1965'.

18 minutes ago, Don54 said:

It was for the Inter game in 1965 I posted it a good while back

Rangers fans in 1965 forming a very orderly queue in St Vincent Street, stretching round to Hope Street to buy briefs for the Rangers v Inter Milan European Cup quarter-final tie. Rangers were three-one down from the first leg but it didn't deter supporters, and nearly 79,000 crammed into Ibrox to see Rangers beat the European cup holders 1-0 but sadly going out on aggregate. Inter went on to win the cup that year in the final against Benfica. Jim Forrest scored the Rangers goal that night and was their top scorer that year, however the shock cup defeat against Berwick saw him transferred.

If it was St Vincent St, then they probably sold the tickets from The Sportsman's Emporium!

Used to buy my Subbuteo stuff there ...LOL

Oops..never saw JCD's reply

19 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I still have a ticket from 1967 and it has "The Rangers v Real Zaragoza" .  It has never been unusual to refer to us as "The Rangers".    

If we have a look at contemporary home and away programs, especially including European ties, it seems to vary between 'The Rangers' and simply 'Rangers'.

Just something I noticed from the Inter Milan ticket and had never really thought about before!

rangers-v-inter-milan-1965.jpg

beeae55df1df79d760f5b2908f52529e.jpg

10 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

If we have a look at contemporary home and away programs, especially including European ties, it seems to vary between 'The Rangers' and simply 'Rangers'.

Just something I noticed from the Inter Milan ticket and had never really thought about before!

rangers-v-inter-milan-1965.jpg

beeae55df1df79d760f5b2908f52529e.jpg

This might be one of the last if not last that had "The Rangers" on it

7548392146_108988660b_z.thumb.jpg.9745c6d834abe461e1d436227f067467b.jpg.8f4224f56a4adfa858ae7b4da8ea894f.jpg